- Watch out! Tonight’s episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ leaked online Today 3:32 PM
- Videos of people working may be the best thing on TikTok right now Today 1:46 PM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 2 for free Today 7:00 AM
- Gendry is making a new weapon for Arya Stark—but what is it? Today 6:30 AM
- The live-action Halo series could be Showtime’s most ambitious project yet Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Turner Classic Movies for free Today 5:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Athletic Bilbao online for free Today 5:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Saturday 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Saturday 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Saturday 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Saturday 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Saturday 9:53 AM
How to watch Rick Grimes final season of ‘The Walking Dead’ online
Are you ready?
Change is coming to The Walking Dead, and season 9 looks like it’ll be bringing it with all the zombified blood and guts you’d hoped for. Trust us: You don’t want to be scrambling for a Walking Dead live stream when the show finally returns.
Actor Andrew Lincoln is on his way out as Sheriff Rick Grimes, according to multiple reports, and Norman Reedus’ Daryl Dixon will be taking over the leading role. No one besides the showrunners is sure if this is The Walking Dead’s final season, but you’ll want to be ready regardless.
Here’s everything you need to know to watch The Walking Dead online.
The Walking Dead season 9 release date
The Walking Dead season 9 starts Oct. 7 at 9pm ET on AMC.
- How Walking Dead memes infected the internet
- The 12 best Walking Dead quotes
- 20 horror movies on Shudder that will give you nightmares
The Walking Dead live stream: 6 ways to watch online
1) Sling TV
Cost: $25-$40 per month
Sling TV offers a Blue and an Orange package (or you can combine them both for $40), but both have AMC available. It’s simply a matter of picking between the entertainment-focused Sling Orange and the sports-focused Sling Blue. As with most of these services, you can add HBO and other premium channels for an extra charge, but Sling’s extras are near the higher-end of the spectrum. (Here’s a complete guide to Sling TV channels.)
Game-changing feature: Price. Sling TV offers one of the cheapest ways to get a Walking Dead live stream.
Cost: $16 per month
Philo is the cheapest live TV streaming option on the market. While its channel selection is limited, it’s somewhat surprising to see AMC available, in addition to MTV, A&E, Comedy Central, and Vh1. (Here’s a complete guide to Philo.)
Game-changing feature: Free cloud DVR, but each recording is deleted after 30 days
Cost: $44.99-$79.99 per month
You can get your AMC fix through PlayStation Vue’s entry-level “Access” package, plus options like ESPN, Disney, FX, and plenty more. PlayStation Vue also offers a pretty wide selection of channel add-ons if you want to keep your HBO subscription on the same machine as your Walking Dead. (Here’s a complete guide to PlayStation Vue channels.).
Game-changing feature: You can stream on up to five devices at once, and there’s unlimited cloud DVR.
Cost: $44.99 for your first month and $54.99 per month thereafter (with a seven-day free trial)
Sure, you’re a big Walking Dead fan, but do you also need a heaping helping of sports? FuboTV is one of the best options for you, with access to NFL Network and college networks like Big Ten Network. The only drawback? No ESPN. (Here’s a complete guide to FuboTV channels.)
Game-changing feature: Three-day replay for games and 30 hours of cloud DVR.
5) AMC Premiere
Cost: $4.99 per month, on top of your monthly cable or live TV streaming subscription
With AMC Premiere, you can watch AMC shows as soon as they air—without commercials—and in the case of The Walking Dead, you can watch the season 9 premiere 24 hours in advance. AMC Premiere also unlocks exclusive content and behind-the-scenes footage. Is that worth $4.99 per month? That depends on your budget.
6) YouTube TV
Cost: $40 per month
YouTube TV is a solid choice for live streaming The Walking Dead. Aside from AMC, you’ll get access to a lot of sports networks (ESPN, NBA TV, MLB Network) and entertainment options like FX and CNN. That said, there are some odd duds in here that are more filler than all of season 2. (Here’s a complete guide to YouTube TV channels.)
Game-changing feature: You can add up to six accounts per household, and each one of those accounts gets unlimited cloud DVR. Even better: You can fast-forward through ads in recorded programs.
How to watch The Walking Dead online
Are you still a couple of episodes (or seasons) behind? Or are you looking to buy Walking Dead episodes? Here’s what you need to know.
Cost: $7.99 to $13.99 per month (full breakdown here)
Devices: Basically everything.
Netflix has been a reliable spot to watch past seasons of The Walking Dead, and even has season 8. You usually won’t find the new seasons on Netflix until after they’ve finished airing, but it’s a reliable bet they’ll end up there… eventually. Be warned that the cheapest option only gets you standard definition viewing on one screen, though. If you want that nice 4K image, you’ll have to move up to the premium tier.
Cost: $119 per year or $12.99 per month
Individual episodes run $2 for standard definition, $3 for high definition. You can purchase entire seasons for as low as $9.99 all the way to $35.
Cost: $9.99 -$34.99 per season, $2.99 per episode.
4) Google Play
Cost: $9.99 – $27.99 per season, individual episodes for $1.99.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, ESPN, AMC, FX, Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, FS1, TBS, Golf Channel, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.