- Daniel Caesar dons cape for whiteness—and gets canceled Today 4:29 PM
- Triton is a new malware ‘deliberately’ designed to put lives at risk Today 3:23 PM
- ‘Into the Dark: I’m Just F*cking with You’ is one of the series’ best Today 1:54 PM
- Trump’s latest prop, a map of ISIS, gets memed Today 12:54 PM
- HBO sends fans on a global scavenger hunt for 6 Iron Thrones Today 11:51 AM
- The Awkward Family Photos game is Cards Against Humanity for meme lovers Today 11:50 AM
- London firefighters’ organization accuses ‘Peppa Pig’ of sexism Today 11:41 AM
- YouTuber accused of abusing her children to make kid-friendly content Today 11:20 AM
- Ari Fleischer’s Iraq War tweet isn’t going over well Today 10:54 AM
- Cop arrested for recording man’s genitals, forcing mentally ill man to twerk Today 10:37 AM
- MoviePass rebrands its unlimited plan, again Today 10:37 AM
- Former Alaska senator launches meme-filled 2020 primary campaign Today 10:17 AM
- The Shane Dawson cat controversy has resulted in these sex memes Today 10:06 AM
- Sarah Sanders mocks CNN reporter with ‘dear diary’ tweet Today 9:03 AM
- Know what you’re signing up for thanks to these dating site reviews Today 8:58 AM
Watch the 18th-century drama in your 21st-century home.
PBS has a hit on its hands with Polkdark, a period drama about a Revolutionary War Redcoatvet who returns home only to discover the life he left behind in ruins. Based on Winston Graham’s Poldark novels, this Masterpiece Theater series is full of beautiful sets and dark twists. But you don’t have to wait to catch episodes on PBS. Thanks to streaming media, it’s easy to watch your favorite 18th-century period drama from the comforts of your 21st-century home. Here’s how to watch Poldark online for free.
How to watch Poldark online for free
While PBS—and thus Poldark—aren’t available on most major live streaming TV services, you still have great options to watch Poldark online. PBS lets you watch recent episodes for free, and Amazon Prime Video’s PBS Masterpiece subscription comes with a free seven-day trial.
Cost: $5.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial) for PBS Masterpiece | $119.99 per year for Prime
Devices: Amazon Fire Stick, Fire TV, Fire tablets, and Fire phone; Roku, Google TV, TiVo, Nvidia Shield, PlayStation 3 and 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Wii
Good news for Amazon Prime subscribers: The first three seasons of Poldark are streaming now as part of your membership. If you’re already caught up, Amazon can still help you catch new episodes each week. It’s possible to buy new episodes individually for $2.99 apiece, but you’ll get the best deal with the PBS Masterpiece Prime channel. For just $5.99 per month, you can watch Poldark online along with all the other great Masterpiece Theater programming on the app. You’re already invested in a period piece with Poldark, so why not subscribe to PBS Masterpiece and get involved in a few more?
Cost: Free (most recent episodes only) | $5 per month or $60 per year for everything if you support PBS
Devices: PC, Android TV, iOS, Android, Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV
If you’re boycotting Amazon, you can go directly to the source to get your Poldark fix. PBS offers free streams of the most recent episodes of Poldark on its website. However, if you missed any of the earlier episodes, you’ll need to cough up some dough. The good news is, the money you spend is technically a tax write off. PBS allows access to its Premium content for the cost of a donation to your local PBS station. To access this stream, simply visit the PBS website and follow the links for PBS Now. When you’re done, you’ll be able to access PBS content on any of the nonprofit’s apps. You’ll also unlock over 1,500 episodes of other PBS programming.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, Sundance TV, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, Willow, AMC, FX, Fox News, Freeform, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, HLN, A&E, Animal Planet, National Geographic, the Weather Channel, the History Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
John-Michael Bond is a tech reporter and culture writer for Daily Dot. A longtime cord-cutter and early adapter, he's an expert on streaming services (Hulu with Live TV), devices (Roku, Amazon Fire), and anime. A former staff writer for TUAW, he's knowledgeable on all things Apple and Android. You can also also find him regularly performing standup comedy in Los Angeles.