- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
- Iconic 1968 drag documentary ‘The Queen’ finally released on Netflix Friday 9:29 PM
- This TikTok account for Chancellor Palpatine is hilarious Friday 8:43 PM
- Did the Space Force logo rip off Star Trek? Friday 6:24 PM
- Disabled people with service dogs say Uber, Lyft drivers are denying them rides Friday 3:25 PM
- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign Friday 2:48 PM
- Police handcuff brown man at subway station for carrying a toy gun Friday 1:20 PM
- Fake clip of Sanders quoting infamous ‘hot chip’ tweet is duping people online Friday 1:16 PM
- The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala alleges Scientologists behind dog’s death Friday 12:46 PM
- Eminem responds to critics: ‘This album was not made for the squeamish’ Friday 12:42 PM
- ‘The poet, the poem’ meme takes iconic lines and turns them into art Friday 12:40 PM
- People are making dark memes about the coronavirus Friday 12:27 PM
- Trump camp’s ‘head on a pike’ impeachment threat hit with memes Friday 11:34 AM
- What is the #FreeBritney movement, and why is Cher tweeting about it? Friday 10:52 AM
- This YouTuber claims the Saudi government plotted to kidnap him on U.S. soil Friday 10:30 AM
How to watch ESPN3 online without cable
There’s a good chance you have access to ESPN3 and don’t even realize it.
|How to Stream ESPN 3|
|SLING ORANGE & BLUE
If you’re confused about the state of ESPN3, you’re not alone. ESPN has so many channels and digital offerings it can be hard to keep track of them all. Even more confounding, some cable and live streaming services offer ESPN3 as a standalone channel while others only provide access online via the ESPN site. But channels are, if you’re a sports fan, there will come a time when you need an ESPN3 live stream.
Here’s everything you need to know to watch ESPN3 online.
What is ESPN3?
Unlike ESPN2, a sports channel that’s almost as essential as ESPN itself, ESPN3 is much more of a grab bag, both in terms of its content and where it’s available. It’s best to think of it as a key that unlocks a ton of additional programming and live sports on the ESPN site and WatchESPN app. For example, on Saturday, Oct. 27, ESPN3 will stream Formula 1 Mexican Grand Prix practice sessions and the qualifying race, two NAIA football games, soccer from the Ascenso MX league and Liga MX, along with to two matches from NCAA men’s soccer, and five NCAA women’s volleyball matches. That’s in addition to more than 20 college football games—and we’re not talking about throwaway games either. You can watch Texas vs. Oklahoma State (otherwise airing on ABC) and Clemson vs. Florida State on ESPN3. Oh, and the Firefighter World Challenge XXVII. Who could forget that?
What will actually be on the ESPN3 channel you can find via a handful of providers? It’s hard to say, but there’s no shortage of content to choose from.
ESPN3 live stream
1) Sling TV
WATCH: Is SlingTV worth it?
- Cost: $25-$40 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Sling TV devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Android Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, and iOS and Android devices
- Sling TV local channels: NBC, Fox (check your local availability here)
Of all the live TV streaming services, Sling TV is the only one to offer ESPN3 as an actual channel you can click on a watch from within its app—as opposed to using your subscription credentials with WatchESPN (see below). Sling TV offers two base packages (Sling Orange and Sling Blue), both of which cost $25 per month; all of the ESPN channels are tucked into Sling Orange. The sad news is that pretty much all other sports content is only available in Sling Blue, so if you’re a varied sports fan, you’ll probably have to pony up for the $40-per-month combo package, Sling Orange + Blue. (Here’s a complete guide to Sling TV channels.)
How to watch ESPN3 online
WatchESPN app and website
Cost: Free, but requires provider log-in
There’s a good chance you have access to ESPN3 and don’t even realize it. Anyone accessing WatchESPN, either the app or the main site, using a university (.edu) or military (.mil) network receive free access. Likewise, you may get complimentary access to ESPN3 via your internet service provider. (You can find a full list of providers here or in the WatchESPN app after clicking on a locked video.)
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, Sundance TV, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, Willow, AMC, FX, Fox News, Freeform, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, HLN, A&E, Animal Planet, National Geographic, the Weather Channel, the History Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.