Few Americans knew close to nothing about the Eastern European nation of Kazakstan, and frankly, they still don’t. But Sacha Baron Cohen’s 2006 mockumentary epic Borat became an instant classic. Borat 2, aka as Borat Subsequent Moviefilm is a welcome surprise to a world looking to laugh.
The man who made "My wife" an everyday saying is back in the states, and this time, he's brought his 15-year-old daughter Tutar (played by Maria Bakalova) with him. Together, they will trek the country from coast to coast and discover even more about our country in the midst of a pandemic and the 2020 elections. Similar to the first Borat movie, Cohen kept Borat 2 a secret as he filmed scenes in the U.S. and overseas.
The embargo on the movie dropped Wednesday and already has Trump's personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani caught in a controversial scene with his hands literally in his pants. And that's only what we know about the movie so far, so it's sure to cause a stir once the whole thing releases.
Here's everything you need to know to stream Borat 2.
What is Borat Subsequent Moviefilm?
- Premiers: Friday, October 23 on Amazon Prime Video.
- Channel: Amazon Prime Video
- Genre: Mockumentary comedy
- Starring: Sacha Baron Cohen as Borat Sagdiyev, Irina Nowak as Sandra Jessica Parker Sagdiyev
Borat Subsequent Moviefilm Reviews
- Rotten Tomatoes score: N/A
- Metacritic score: N/A
- "So is Borat Subsequent Moviefilm (aka Borat 2), which arrives as satire and reality have fused into a mewling, frothing mass, telling us anything new? It debuts 14 years after the original film turned “My wife” into a meme, though Borat doesn’t know his catchphrase caught on. He’s been forced into manual labor after the original film embarrassed Kazakhstan. Of course, he’s given one last chance to redeem himself: Travel to America and present a gift to Vice President Mike Pence in order to restore honor to his country. Could Cohen have duped more members of the Trump administration? Does it even matter? The schtick doesn’t really work when politicians willingly reveal themselves to be horrible people without any prompting." - The Daily Dot, Audra Schroeder
How to stream Borat 2 for free
Borat Subsequent Moviefilm is an Amazon Prime exclusive, so it's the only place you'll be able to watch Borat 2. You can also catch the original Borat film with a Prime subscription.
Amazon Prime Video is one of the most popular streaming services available. It comes complimentary with every Prime membership. If you're addicted to 2-day shipping and binging TV shows, it's one of the best-streaming destinations. There are plenty of other exclusives that make having access to the library worth having, including Good Omens, The Man in the High Castle, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Transparent, and The Tick.
You can sign up for a 7-day free trial, so that's the only way to watch Borat 2 for free. If you're a student, you can get six months free before you commit for the rest of the year.
Amazon Prime Video Guides
|What's New on Amazon Prime Video|
|Best Movies on Amazon Prime Video|
|Best Shows on Amazon Prime Video|
|Best Original Shows on Amazon Prime Video|
Amazon Prime Video Genre Guides
|Anime||Martial Arts Films|
|Bollywood Films||Sad Movies|
|Comedy Movies||Sci-Fi Movies|
|Documentaries||Serial Killer Movies|
|Horror Movies||Sexy Movies|