- PewDiePie promotes YouTube account that features anti-Semitism, Nazi imagery 1 Week Ago
- FCC investigates major wireless carrier for lying about coverage 1 Week Ago
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez compares her victory at 28 to Paul Ryan’s—and calls out a double standard Today 8:22 AM
- If you’ve always lusted after a KitchenAid mixer, it’s over $80 off today Today 8:00 AM
- 2018: The year astrology memes exploded on the internet Today 7:00 AM
- The worst conservative hashtags of 2018 Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch HLN online for free Today 6:00 AM
- The top 12 LGBTQ superheroes in DC and Marvel comics Today 6:00 AM
- Woman with Tumblr page devoted to Dylann Roof arrested for plotting terrorism Today 2:32 AM
- How much money do you need to book Beyoncé for your wedding? Monday 8:00 PM
- Twitter is stoked about Netflix’s Fyre Fest documentary Monday 7:37 PM
- Jacquees launches Twitter debate after calling himself ‘King of R&B’ Monday 6:52 PM
- Watch a British politician steal a ceremonial mace to halt Brexit proceedings Monday 6:07 PM
- Dog waits for weeks by his family’s burned house after California wildfire Monday 5:45 PM
- Proud Boys founder Gavin McInnes suspended from YouTube Monday 3:46 PM
Christian Bertrand/Shutterstock.com (Licensed)
The race for first place in La Liga heats up.
With the UEFA Champions League group stage coming to a close, Barcelona turns its attention back home to a La Liga race that is closer than it has been in years. Watch Barcelona vs Villarreal online to see if Barca coach Ernesto Valverde can keep pace with Sevilla, the current leaders. Here is everything you need to catch the Barcelona vs Villarreal live stream.
Barcelona vs. Villarreal
- When: 12:30pm ET, Sunday, Dec. 2
- Where: Camp Nou in Barcelona, Spain
- Watch: beIN Sports on FuboTV, Sling TV, and DirecTV Now
Barcelona vs. Villarreal live stream: How to watch online for free
There are only three live TV streaming services that offer beIN Sports, which you’ll need to watch any La Liga matches. Here’s what you need to know about each one and how to get a free trial.
- Cost: $39.99 for your first month and $44.99 per month thereafter (with a seven-day free trial)
- Devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
FuboTV is one of the leading live TV streaming services, offering a compelling combination of sports (NBA TV, NFL Network), entertainment (AMC, Syfy, FX), and news (MSNBC, CNN) channels in its core package. But where it really shines is with international soccer, offering UniMas, 10 beIN Sports channels, NBCSN, FS1 and FS2, and more, so you can watch everything from English Premier League to La Liga all in one place. You’ll also get three-day replay for games and 30 hours of cloud DVR. (Here’s the complete FuboTV channels list.)
2) Sling TV
- Sling TV pricing: $25-$40 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Sling TV devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Android Fire Stick, Apple TV,Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, and iOS and Android devices
Sling TV offers two base channel packages, both of which cost just $25 per month: Sling Orange, which contains three ESPN channels, and Sling Blue, which boasts FS1 and FS2, NBCSN, and plenty more, in addition to local channels. Sling Orange + Blue combines the two packages for $40 per month. To get the most international soccer action, you’ll want to add either Sports Extra: Sling Orange ($5 per month) or Sports Extra: Sling Blue ($10 per month) to get BeIn Sports. The main difference between the two is that the latter also includes NFL RedZone. Alternatively, you can add Español: Best of Spanish TV package for Sling Orange or Sling Blue and get two beIN Sports channels. Both packages cost $5 per month after your free trial. (Here’s a complete guide to Sling TV channels.)
3) DirecTV Now
- Cost: $40-$75 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, and Amazon Fire Stick
DirecTV Now, the online alternative to DirecTV, offers five different channel packages. While the entry-level Live a Little package ($40 per month) covers most of your bases, for international soccer, you’ll want to get the Todo y Mas (“Everything and More”) for $45 per month. This package is geared toward Spanish-speaking viewers, with channels like Univision, ESPN Deportes, Telemundo, and CNN En Español. It’s the only DirecTV Now option that includes beIN Sports, which you’ll need for La Liga matches. (You can view the full DirecTV Now channels list here.)
Barcelona vs. Villarreal: Why it matters
Following the 1-1 draw against Atletico Madrid last weekend, Barcelona finds itself in second place thanks to a Sevilla home win over Real Valladolid. Valverde must have his team firing on all cylinders even this early in the season; the top four in Spain are all within three points of each other. Anything other than a win here is not acceptable against a Villarreal team that only has three wins in 13 matches and that will be desperate to get a point at the Camp Nou. With Philippe Coutinho healthy again, Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez should have no problems finding the back of the net, as both have nine goals so far this season.
La Liga Matchday 14
Friday, Nov. 30
- Rayo Vallecano vs. Eibar, 3:00pm ET
Saturday, Dec. 1
- Celta Vigo vs. Huesca, 7:00am ET
- Real Valladolid vs. Leganes, 10:15am ET
- Getafe vs. Espanyol, 12:30pm ET
- Real Madrid vs. Valencia, 2:45pm ET
Sunday, Dec. 2
- Real Betis vs. Real Sociedad, 6:00am ET
- Girona vs. Atletico Madrid, 10:15am ET
- Barcelona vs. Villarreal, 12:30pm ET
- Alavés vs. Sevilla FC, 2:45pm ET
Monday, Dec. 3
- Levante vs. Athletic Bilbao, 3:00pm ET
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, AMC, FX, Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Golf Channel, Syfy, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime,Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, the Weather Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Jackson Fowler is the Daily Dot's resident soccer expert. He's an editorial intern with the newsroom this semester. You can follow him on Twitter at @jacksonflwoer.