- West Virginia corrections employees suspended after Nazi salute photo surfaces Thursday 8:02 PM
- Here are the 15 best Eddie Murphy movies available to stream Thursday 7:56 PM
- Ex-InfoWars video editor admits to making up Islamophobic stories Thursday 6:55 PM
- WhatsApp accounts deleted amid Kashmir internet blackout Thursday 6:21 PM
- Guy gets mocked for tattoo of Baby Yoda drinking White Claw Thursday 6:18 PM
- Spotify Wrapped has people asking just how much it knows about us Thursday 5:50 PM
- Instagram account allegedly asked for inappropriate photos of children Thursday 5:16 PM
- How to stream ‘Boys vs. Bears on Thursday Night Football Thursday 4:33 PM
- Woman caught her boyfriend cheating through his Fitbit Thursday 4:29 PM
- The Pete Buttigieg ‘High Hopes’ dance was designed by an intern Thursday 4:17 PM
- TikTok admits to hiding content made by fat, LGBTQ, and disabled users Thursday 3:58 PM
- ‘Merry Happy Whatever’ is an unoriginal sitcom with plenty of holiday cheer Thursday 3:55 PM
- The ‘Pod Save America’ Bros are losing it over Joe Biden’s newest ad Thursday 3:28 PM
- Van Halen had a wholesome response in defense of Billie Eilish Thursday 3:15 PM
- Influencer faces wrath of K-pop fans after her son played with penis-shaped soap Thursday 1:27 PM
In 1990s Boston, a city plagued with violent crime is emboldened by almost equally nasty law enforcement agencies where corruption and tribalism run rampant, and bending the rules is the norm. Then, suddenly, everything changed. Youth gun violence plummeted in what history has dubbed “The Boston Miracle.”
City on a Hill is a fictional account of this “miracle,” and how a city changed the way it enforced the law and policed its communities for the better. The catalyst of this divine reform comes from an unlikely duo. One is an optimistic District Attorney from Brooklyn, who forms an uneasy alliance with a morally ambiguous FBI veteran and status quo fan who nevertheless put aside their differences to affect positive change. From executive produces Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, and Barry Levinson, comes a new type of cop show, which retells the upending of the Boston criminal justice system…hopefully for the better.
Here’s how to watch City on a Hill online for free.
City on a Hill cast
- Kevin Bacon as Jackie Rohr
- Aldis Hodge as Decourcy Ward
- Jonathan Tucker as Frankie Ryan
- Mark O’Brien as Jimmy Ryan
- Amanda Clayton as Cathy Ryan
- Jere Shea as Hank Signa
- James Michael Cummings as Tommy Hayes
- Kevin Chapman as Dickie Minogue
- Cathy Moriarty as Ma Ryan
- Rory Culkin as Clay Roach
- Jill Hennessy as Jenny Rhodes
- Kevin Dunn as Nathan Rey
- Lauren E. Banks as Siobhan Quay
- Vincent Elbaz as Boston Cop Hugo Rey
- Sophia Anne Caruso as Benedetta Rhodes
- Michaela McManus as FBI Agent Sarah Rhodes
- Kishka Sklarin as Labradoodle
What channel is City on a Hill on?
City on a Hill is available exclusively on Showtime.
How to watch City on a Hill for free
There are a number of different online services that offer Showtime as a premium channel. You can also sign-up directly through Showtime. Either way, you’ll be able to start with at least a seven-day trial, so you can watch City on a Hill for free.
1 ) Sling TV
Cost: $25 to $40 per month (40% off first month) for Sling TV | $10 per month for Showtime
- Sling TV devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Android Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, and iOS and Android devices
For a more à la carte service, look to Sling TV. It offers two cable packages, Sling Orange and Sling Blue, both of which cost $25 per month. If you grab them both (Sling Orange + Blue) you can save $10 per month. Sling Blue offers more bang for your buck with over 40 channels, including sports necessities like FS1, NBCSN, and NFL Network. Whichever package you choose, you’ll need to add Showtime for an additional $10 a month. Here’s the complete guide to Sling TV channels.
- Cost: $10.99 per month (after 7-day free trial) for Showtime | Prime subscription for $119.99
- Devices: Amazon Fire Stick, Fire TV, Fire tablets, and Fire phone; Roku, Google TV, TiVo, Nvidia Shield, PlayStation 3 and 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Wii
If you’re using Amazon Prime for free two-day shipping, you also gain access to Prime Video. It’s a great hub for your premium channels, including Showtime, where you can stream City on a Hill.
- Cost: $10.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Amazon Fire Stick, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, and iOS and Android devices
Showtime Anytime gives you access to all the movies and TV shows the premium cable channel has to offer. There are cheaper alternatives to gain access, but you need to subscribe to a secondary streaming service first. However, if you just want to watch City on a Hill, this is the quickest and the cheapest way to do so. All episodes of City on a Hill will be available on the app as well, along with Ray Donovan, Shameless, and countless other Showtime hits and movies.
- The best movies on Showtime and Showtime Anytime
- The best new movies on Showtime: 2018 new releases to watch
- The best documentaries on Showtime
- The best Showtime original series of all time
4) Hulu and Hulu with Live TV
- Cost: $7.99-$11.99 for Hulu or $40 per month (after a 7-day free trial) for Hulu with Live TV | $10.99 per month for Showtime
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
Adding Showtime to your Hulu account is easy as pie. If you’re looking for an online cable package that comes with Hulu on-demand content, Hulu With Live TV is a great offer at a great price. You’ll have almost 60 channels to flip through, including HGTV, a full suite of ESPN channels, Cartoon Network, FX, and more. Whichever Hulu package you choose, adding Showtime will cost $10.99 a month, after your free trial expires. (Here’s the complete list of Hulu Live TV channels.)
- The best new movies on Hulu: 2018 new releases to watch
- The best thrillers on Hulu
- Funny movies on Hulu when you need a good laugh
- 10 sad movies on Hulu guaranteed to make you cry
- Cost: $44.99-$79.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial) | $10.99 per month for Showtime
- PlayStation Vue devices: PlayStation 3 and 4, Roku, Amazon Fire, Google Chromecast, Kodi, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, Fox, ABC, CBS (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
If you have a PS4 and want your gaming and streaming needs met in the same place, PlayStation Vue is for you. You don’t need a console to enjoy this service, though. You can also use a Roku, Amazon Fire devices, and Kodi. Plus, you’ll get channels like AMC, BBC America, and Bravo in PlayStation Vue’s entry-level package. Adding Showtime to your PS Vue account will cost $10.99 a month after your free trial expires. One subscription works with up to five devices, all with unlimited cloud DVR storage making it one of the most binge-friendly solutions. (Here are all of PlayStation Vue channels.)
- Cost: $44.99 for your first month and $54.99 per month thereafter (after a 7-day free trial) for FuboTV | $10.99 per month for Showtime
- Devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
FuboTV was built from the ground up with sports fans in mind. There are different channel packages available whether you’re looking for basketball, soccer, golf, and even outdoor sports like rock climbing. But no worries, all the great cable channels you’re after are present too, including Viceland, Bravo, TBS, and IFC. Access to Showtime will cost an additional $10.99 a month. (Here’s the complete FuboTV channels list and our comprehensive FuboTV review.)
7) YouTube TV
Cost: $49.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial) for YouTube TV | Showtime currently costs $7 per month on YouTubeTV, down from $10 per month
- YouTube TV devices: Google Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Xbox One, iOS and Android devices
YouTube TV is a great solution for families because one subscription can add up to six accounts. Each account comes with unlimited cloud DVR. There are sports channels like NBCSN, NBA TV, and four ESPN channels. Disney, Disney XD, Disney Junior, and Cartoon Network will keep any kid (or kid at heart) busy for hours. It also comes with a few Spanish-language channels like Telemundo and NBC Universo. AMC, BBC America, and IFC are there too, so you won’t miss out on all that prestige TV. Adding Showtime to your subscription is easy, and only runs an additional discounted price of $7 a month. (You can find the full list of YouTube TV channels here.)
Other ways to watch City on a Hill episodes
The first episode of City on a Hill is available to watch totally free on Showtime’s YouTube channel. It’s a great place to dip your toes on the series before comitting to a streaming service to watch the rest.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Jaime Carillo is a writer for Pure Nintendo and a plucky YouTube cook. He specializes in writing about console gaming and kitchen gadgets. It comes naturally, considering he's either wielding a massive cleaver or Switch Pro controller at any given point. When he's not cruising through a drive-thru at 2am, he's baking shokupan or whipping up a big pot of Japanese curry. He enjoys retro gaming, geopolitics, and Vic Berger videos.