- How to watch Serie A online for free 4 Months Ago
- What does ‘uwu’ mean? Today 7:00 AM
- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free Today 6:00 AM
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Saturday 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Saturday 5:45 AM
Jose Breton/Shutterstock (Licensed)
In the FA Cup, an unusually early clash of titans.
The FA Cup 4th Round kicks off on Friday with Arsenal vs. Manchester United, the competition’s two winningest clubs with a combined 25 titles between them. Although the storied clubs are meeting early in the tournament, this matchup provides a huge opportunity for both managers to win their first trophies while in charge. United legend Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has won seven out of seven across all competitions after becoming interim manager in December, but Arsenal manager Unai Emery will be full of confidence after out-coaching Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri and leading his squad to a dominant 2-0 victory over the Blues last Saturday. Here is everything you need to know to watch the Arsenal vs. Manchester United live stream online for free.
Arsenal vs. Manchester United
- When: 2:55pm ET, Friday, Jan. 25
- Where: the Emirates in London
- Watch: ESPN+
Arsenal vs. Manchester United: live stream
Cost: $4.99/month or $49.99/yeah (Free seven-day trial)
The FA Cup will be broadcast exclusively online through ESPN+ this year, a development which makes the $4.99/month price for the service look even cheaper. For those of you wondering what ESPN+ is, the new streaming platform launched by ESPN last year has the rights to thousands of live broadcasts of leagues such as the MLB, NHL, Boxing, UFC, the English FA Cup, the Carabao Cup, the English League Championship, and the Italian Serie A. It remains to be seen whether or not later rounds of the 2019 FA Cup will be broadcast across ESPN Television or will continue to air online.
- Is ESPN+ actually worth it?
- How to watch NHL games on ESPN+
- 2 million cord-cutters ditched ESPN this year
Arsenal vs. Manchester United: Why it matters
In a fourth round usually centered on Davids vs. Goliaths, two of the top six meeting this early is not normally welcomed by the club’s fanbases. As a fan, you want to save your rivals until the end to get the easiest path to the cup, so whoever comes out on top Friday will probably be disappointed that there are still three games to the final. But as we often hear in college football, you don’t pick your opponents, and with the Premier League on a break this weekend there is every reason to expect full-strength lineups from both managers. This will be the final test of whether or not Man United under OGS is a rejuvenated team, or just experiencing the new-manager bounce. Prediction: Manchester United 3, Arsenal 2.
Is EPSN+ worth it?
For $4.99, ESPN+ gives subscribers an unprecedented level of access to live sports and sports history. It’s worth subscribing for a few months just to catch up on 30 for 30, but viewers who take the time to explore the other original programming will find just as much compelling content. While the lack of NBA and NFL live games is frustrating, the sheer number of games and events streaming on the service each month softens the blow. While ESPN+ won’t replace ESPN the channel, it provides a compelling alternative for sports fans who can’t afford, or just don’t want to pay for, a cable package.—John Michael Bond
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, AMC, FX, Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Golf Channel, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, the Weather Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Jackson Fowler is the Daily Dot's resident soccer expert. He's an editorial intern with the newsroom this semester. You can follow him on Twitter at @jacksonflwoer.