The South Side of Chicago is as tough as urban living gets, but like any other neighborhood, it consists of a community that tries to look out for each other. The Chi balances everyday life in South Side with the real dangers on street corners and in the shadows. The show chronicles how a fateful turn of events shocks the community, connecting the lives of four young Black men who bond over a common need for redemption.
This celebrated drama was created by Emmy Award-winner Lena Waithe (Master of None), who shares executive producer credits with hip-hop legend Common and Rick Famuyiwa (Dope, The Wood).
Here’s how to watch The Chi online for free.
The Chi cast
- Jason Mitchell as Brandon Johnson
- Ntare Guma Mbaho Mwine as Ronnie
- Jacob Latimore as Emmett
- Alex Hibbert as Kevin
- Yolonda Ross as Jada
- Tiffany Boone as Jerrika
- Armando Riesco as Detective Cruz
- Byron Bowers as Meldric
- Sonja Sohn as Laverne
- LaDonna Tittle as Ethel
- Steven Williams as Quentin “Q”
- Jahking Guillory as Charles Frederick “Coogie” Johnson
- Birgundi Baker as Keisha
- Tai Davis as Tracy Roxboro
What channel is The Chi on?
New episodes of The Chi will air exclusively on Showtime.
How to watch The Chi season 2 for free
There are a number of different online services that offer Showtime as a premium channel. You can also sign-up directly through Showtime. Either way, you’ll be able to start with at least a seven-day trial, so you can watch The Chi for free.
1 ) Sling TV
- Cost: $30 to $45 per month (with $10 off the first month) for Sling TV | $10.99 per month for Showtime
- Sling TV devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Android Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, and iOS and Android devices
For a more à la carte service, look to Sling TV. It offers two cable packages, Sling Orange and Sling Blue, both of which cost $35 per month. If you grab them both (Sling Orange + Blue) for $40 per month. Sling Blue offers more bang for your buck with over 40 channels, including sports necessities like FS1, NBCSN, and NFL Network. Whichever package you choose, you’ll need to add Showtime for an additional $10 a month. Here’s the complete guide to Sling TV channels.
- Cost: $10.99 per month (after 7-day free trial) for Showtime | Prime subscription for $119.99
- Devices: Amazon Fire Stick, Fire TV, Fire tablets, and Fire phone; Roku, Google TV, TiVo, Nvidia Shield, PlayStation 3 and 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Wii
If you’re using Amazon Prime for free two-day shipping, you also gain access to Prime Video. It’s a great hub for your premium channels, including Showtime, where you can stream The Chi season 2. You can also catch season 1 on-demand.
- Cost: $10.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Amazon Fire Stick, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, and iOS and Android devices
Showtime Anytime gives you access to all the movies and TV shows the premium cable channel has to offer. There are cheaper alternatives to gain access, but you need to subscribe to a secondary streaming service first. However, if you just want to watch The Chi, this is the quickest and the cheapest way to do so. All previous episodes of The Chi are available on the app as well, along with Ray Donovan, Shameless, and countless other Showtime hits and movies.
4) Hulu and Hulu with Live TV
- Cost: $7.99-$11.99 for Hulu or $54.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial) for Hulu with Live TV | $10.99 per month for Showtime
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
Adding Showtime to your Hulu account is easy as pie. If you’re looking for an online cable package that comes with Hulu on-demand content, Hulu With Live TV is a great offer at a great price. You’ll have almost 60 channels to flip through, including HGTV, a full suite of ESPN channels, Cartoon Network, FX, and more. Whichever Hulu package you choose, adding Showtime will cost $10.99 a month, after your free trial expires. (Here’s the complete list of Hulu Live TV channels.)
5) YouTube TV
- Cost: $49.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial) for YouTube TV | Showtime currently costs $7 per month on YouTubeTV, down from $10 per month
- YouTube TV devices: Google Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Xbox One, iOS and Android devices
YouTube TV is a great solution for families because one subscription can add up to six accounts. Each account comes with unlimited cloud DVR. There are sports channels like NBCSN, NBA TV, and four ESPN channels. Disney, Disney XD, Disney Junior, and Cartoon Network will keep any kid (or kid at heart) busy for hours. It also comes with a few Spanish-language channels like Telemundo and NBC Universo. AMC, BBC America, and IFC are there too, so you won’t miss out on all that prestige TV. Adding Showtime to your subscription is easy, and only runs an additional discounted price of $7 a month. (You can find the full list of YouTube TV channels here.)
- Cost: $54.99 per month thereafter (after a 7-day free trial) for FuboTV | $10.99 per month for Showtime
- Devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
FuboTV was built from the ground up with sports fans in mind. There are different channel packages available whether you’re looking for basketball, soccer, golf, and even outdoor sports like rock climbing. But no worries, all the great cable channels you’re after are present too, including Viceland, Bravo, TBS, and IFC. Access to Showtime will cost an additional $10.99 a month. Here’s the complete FuboTV channels list.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.