The 100 turns the post-apocalyptic genre on its head the way only the CW knows how. Loosely based on the series of novels by Kass Morgan, The 100 follows a group of adolescent misfits in their struggles to survive on an Earth ravaged by nuclear war.
The end of season 5 saw The 100 finally giving up on Earth altogether, taking the team on the Ark to find a new planet to begin their new lives, ready to tackle the likely new struggles in this brave new world.
Here's everything you need to know to watch The 100 online for free.
What is The 100?
Based on the novel series by Kass Morgan, The 100 follows a group of post-apocalyptic teen survivors who return to earth after the planet was ravaged by nuclear weapons.
- Launched: March 2014
- Airtime: Season 7 premiers Wednesday, May 20 at 8 pm. New episodes air following Wednesdays at the same time.
- Channel: The CW
- Genre: Post-apocalyptic drama
- Starring: Eliza Taylor as Clarke Griffin, Marie Avgeropoulos as Octavia Blake, Bob Morley as Bellamy Blake, Lindsey Morgan as Raven Reyes, Richard Harmon as John Murphy, Tasya Teles as Echo, Shannon Kook as Jordan Green, JR Bourne as Russell Lightbourne VII, Chuku Modu as Gabriel Santiago, Shelby Flannery as Hope Diyoza
- Seasons: 7
- Status: Completed. Season 7 will be it's last.
The 100 Reviews
What the critics are saying
- "You wish The 100 had budget, time, and talent to produce grander verisimilitude. Still, the vision shines through, and the cast works hard to serve increasingly complex characters and relationships. " -Jeff Jensen, Entertainment Weekly
- "What is surprising is that the series, an adaptation of the Kass Morgan novel, is well-conceived, cleverly plotted, and quite exciting." -Tirdad Derakhshani, The Philadelphia Examiner
Where to stream The 100
- CW App (Everywhere)
- Hulu Live TV (Select Markets)
- FuboTV (Select Markets)
- AT&T Now (Select Markets)
- YouTubeTV (Select Markets)
There are a number of ways to get access to The CW and stream Stargirl and other CW shows live.
The CW Streaming Channel Guides
The CW isn’t just a TV station or an app on your phone, it's available on nearly every major streaming device, meaning its easy to stream CW shows to your big screen at your convenience. All episodes of Nancy Drew (as well as other newer series Batwoman and Katy Keene) are available all season long. Yes, there are ads but on the plus side, you don’t need a cable provider or to log-in, and it’s completely free.
|7 Day Trial||FREE|
|Live TV |
|Live TV |
+Hulu (no ads)
Hulu Live TV is one of the most popular ways to stream live TV, perhaps because you gain access to a massive library of on-demand content including classic and current TV shows, movies, not to mention Hulu's original programming. As far as live-streaming goes, you’ll have a ton of local, entertainment, and sports channels to flip through, including HGTV, a full suite of ESPN channels, Cartoon Network, FX, and even deep cuts like Nat Geographic and Syfy.
FuboTV was built from the ground up with sports fans in mind. There are different channel packages available whether you're looking for basketball, soccer, golf, or even outdoor sports like rock climbing. But no worries, all the great cable channels you're after are here too, including Viceland, Bravo, and IFC.
There’s a good chance that you’re already looking to AT&T for your wireless needs. The second you sign up, you’ll gain instant access to 45+ channels, including local channels and even free HBO in the Plus and Max channel suites. Plus, it comes with CloudDVR, which lets you record up to 20 hours of TV per month. One account works on two devices, but you can add more devices for only $5.
YouTube TV is a great solution for families because one subscription can add up to six accounts, and each account comes with unlimited cloud DVR. You can't beat the variety, either: There are sports channels like NBCSN, NBA TV, and four ESPN channels, while Disney, Disney XD, Disney Junior, and Cartoon Network will keep any kid (or kid at heart) busy for hours. It also comes with a few Spanish-language channels like Telemundo and NBC Universo. AMC, BBC America, and IFC are there too, so you won't miss out on all that prestige TV. (You can find the full list of YouTube TV channels here.)
If you've missed the latest episodes of your favorite CW shows like Riverdale, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, and others, you can stream select episodes directly from The CW shows. You don’t need credentials or an account to watch the most recent episodes, but each new episode expires after a couple of weeks, so you’ll want to act quickly. You can also catch extended trailers and other video extras, so it's worth a dive.
Best Shows on the CW
Popular Entertainment Channel Streaming Guides
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.