Based on the Japanese hit Sasuke, American Ninja Warrior is an action-packed reality series not seen since American Gladiators. Athletes are pushed to their limits as they compete across a handful of incredibly challenging obstacle courses including climbing the 18-foot-tall mega warped wall and the 75-foot rope climb. This season, the qualifying age has dropped from 21 to 19, opening up the challenge to a whole new crop of athletes.
Ninjas who advance to the finals in Las Vegas face up to 23 obstacles on a multi-staged course. Whoever emerges from this champions trial successfully wins a cool million dollars. However, if no contestant finishes, the “last ninja standing” takes home $100,000.
Here’s everything you need to know to watch American Ninja Warrior online for free.
|HOW TO STREAM ‘AMERICAN NINJA WARRIOR’|
|HULU WITH LIVE TV||TRY NOW|
|SLING TV||TRY NOW|
American Ninja Warrior host
The show is hosted by New Celebrity Apprentice winner Matt Iseman and his co-host, former NFL player Akbar Gbaja-Biamila. Entertainment reporter Zuri Hall provides commentary from the sidelines.
What channel is American Ninja Warrior on?
American Ninja Warrior started on the now-defunct G4 but now airs on NBC.
What time is American Ninja warrior on?
Season 11 American Ninja Warrior premieres Wednesday, May 29, at 8pm ET/PT. Starting June 17, the show will air on Mondays at its regular time.
How to watch American Ninja Warrior online for free
While there are variations in their coverage areas and other local channels, all of the major live TV streaming service offer NBC. Even better, you can try any of them with a one-week free trial, allowing you to get started with no upfront cost.
1) Sling TV
- Cost: $30-$45 per month ($10 off first month)
- Devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Android Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, and iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, Fox (check your local availability here)
For a more à la carte service, look to Sling TV. It offers two cable packages, Sling Orange and Sling Blue, both of which cost $30 per month. If you grab them both (Sling Orange + Blue) you can save $10 per month. Sling Blue offers more bang for your buck with over 40 channels, including sports necessities like FS1, NBCSN, and NFL Network. You’ll need either Sling Blue or Sling Orange + Blue to get local channels like NBC, where you’ll stream American Ninja Warrior. You’ll also gain access to the usual cable mainstays like Food Network, Discovery, Cartoon Network, SYFY, and FXX. Here’s our complete guide to Sling TV channels.
- Cost: $54.95 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
Hulu with Live TV is one of the most popular ways to stream live TV, perhaps because you gain access to a massive library of on-demand content including classic and current TV shows, movies, not to mention Hulu’s original programming. As far as live-streaming goes, you’ll have almost 60 channels to flip through, including HGTV, a full suite of ESPN channels, Cartoon Network, FX, and even deep cuts like Nat Geo Wild and Syfy. Here’s the complete list of Hulu Live TV channels.
- The best new movies on Hulu: 2018 new releases to watch
- The best thrillers on Hulu
- Funny movies on Hulu when you need a good laugh
- 10 sad movies on Hulu guaranteed to make you cry
- Cost: $44.99 for your first month and $54.99 per month thereafter (after a 7-day free trial)
- FuboTV devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, Fox, NBC, CBS, the CW (in some markets) (check local availability here)
FuboTV was built from the ground up with sports fans in mind. There are different channel packages available whether you’re looking for basketball, soccer, golf, and even outdoor sports like rock climbing. But no worries, all the great cable channels you’re after are present too, including Viceland, Bravo, TBS, and IFC. Here’s the complete FuboTV channels list.
4) YouTube TV
- Cost:$49.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- YouTube TV devices: Google Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Xbox One, iOS, and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, the CW (enter your ZIP code hereto check your availability)
YouTube TV is a great solution for families because one subscription can add up to six accounts. Each account comes with unlimited cloud DVR. There are sports channels like NBCSN, NBA TV, and four ESPN channels. Disney, Disney XD, Disney Junior, and Cartoon Network will keep any kid (or kid at heart) busy for hours. It also comes with a few Spanish-language channels like Telemundo and NBC Universo. AMC, BBC America, and IFC are there too, so you won’t miss out on all that prestige TV. (You can find the full list of YouTube TV channels here.)
How to watch American Ninja Warrior episodes
1) Amazon Video
- Cost: $1.99/episode, $12.99/season
- Devices: Amazon Fire Stick, Fire TV, Fire tablets, and Fire phone; Roku, Google TV, TiVo, Nvidia Shield, PlayStation 3 and 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Wii
If you’re new to the whole American Ninja Warrior craze, there are ten whole seasons to catch up on. Single episodes are available for $1.99, and entire seasons are available for $12.99.
2) NBC website and app
Many cable channels let you live stream directly from their site, and NBC is no different. Simply go to the channel’s website, select a video to watch, and them fill in your login information from the above services when prompted. If you want to stream on the move, we suggest downloading the NBC app. The same login from the website will work here to watch new episodes of NBC shows and movies.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.