- The man who sold shares of himself on the internet 9 Months Ago
- The rise of the conservative ‘mancast’ in a world of changing masculinity Today 6:00 AM
- Amazon’s ‘Troop Zero’ gives the underdog movie a stylized re-do Today 4:20 AM
- No, the first words of Trump’s tweets don’t match up to lyrics of ‘Break My Stride’ Sunday 10:28 PM
- White woman demanding strangers ‘repent’ for Christ sparks conversation on mental illness and racism Sunday 9:27 PM
- Amtrak employee asked a NAACP lawyer to move from her train seat Sunday 7:54 PM
- Billie Eilish fans riot after being referred to as ‘Avocados’ Sunday 4:37 PM
- Beyhive coming for Sainsbury’s supermarket over Ivy Park shade Sunday 3:17 PM
- Antique store blasted for selling ‘white only’ signs Sunday 1:45 PM
- DaBaby explains altercation with hotel employee after video goes viral Sunday 12:32 PM
- Kanye faces backlash for headlining Christian event with anti-LGBTQ leaders Sunday 10:31 AM
- Why is Yennefer of Vengerberg so different in Netflix’s ‘The Witcher’? Sunday 10:00 AM
- Actress slammed for ‘acid attack-face’ TikTok challenge Sunday 9:46 AM
- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
|HOW TO STREAM THE SON|
|SLING TV||TRY SLING|
|FUBO TV||TRY FUBO TV|
|YOUTUBE TV||TRY YOUTUBE TV|
The Son stars Pierce Brosnan as Eli McCullough, a Texas cattle baron with a dark past, who in 1915 seeks to make his bones in the budding oil industry. The series explores a family dynasty from many perspectives and this country’s shaky relationship with war and violence.
The Western explores the creation myth of the U.S. It’s based on the best-selling book of the same name, written by legendary author Philipp Meyer, also known for the modern literary masterpiece American Rust.
Despite mixed reviews, you cannot deny Brosnan’s talent in the series. While we’re used to seeing him in a more suave setting, the award-winning actor rocks a 10-gallon hat and portrays the same Bond charm in a Wild West setting. Unfortunately, McCullough’s odyssey will wrap up with the second and final season.
Here’s how to watch The Son online for free.
The Son cast
- Pierce Brosnan as Eli McCullough
- Jacob Lofland as young Eli
- Henry Garrett as Pete McCullough
- Zahn McClarnon as Toshaway
- Jess Weixler as Sally McCullough
- Paola Núñez as María García
- Elizabeth Frances as Prairie Flower
- Sydney Lucas as Jeannie McCullough
When does The Son air?
The final season of The Son premieres on Saturday, April 27 at 9pm ET. New episodes will air following Saturdays at the same time.
How to watch The Son online for free
The following live TV streaming services offer AMC as part of their channel suite. Each one comes with a seven-day free trial so you can watch The Son season 2 for free. There are variations between the services, so pick one that suits your streaming needs and budget. Be sure to check compatibility with your preferred device before signing up.
1) Sling TV
- Cost: $25-$40 per month (40% off first month)
- Devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Android Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, and iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, Fox (check your local availability here)
For a more à la carte service, look to Sling TV. It offers two cable packages, Sling Orange and Sling Blue, both of which cost $25 per month. AMC is available in both packages. If you grab them both (Sling Orange + Blue) you can save $10 per month. Sling Blue offers more bang for your buck with over 40 channels, including sports necessities like FS1, NBCSN, and NFL Network. You’ll also gain access to the usual cable mainstays like Food Network, Discovery, Cartoon Network, SYFY, and FXX. Here’s the complete guide to Sling TV channels.
- Cost: $16 per month (after a free 7-day trial)
- Devices: Philo works with Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick, and Fire TV, iOS, Android, and your web browser
Philo is the least expensive streaming service, but it has some limitations. You won’t find the sports channels that dominate other packages or local channels. However, it’s the cheapest way to gain access to BBC America at only $16 a month. You will also find the best deal on popular channels like Animal Planet, IFC, AMC, Lifetime, and even deep cuts like ID. You also get free cloud DVR, but shows recorded are deleted after 30 days, so binge responsibly.
- Cost: $44.99 for your first month and $54.99 per month thereafter (after a 7-day free trial)
- FuboTV devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, Fox, NBC, CBS, the CW (in some markets) (check local availability here)
FuboTV was built from the ground up with sports fans in mind. There are different channel packages available whether you’re looking for basketball, soccer, golf, and even outdoor sports like rock climbing. But no worries, all the great cable channels you’re after are present too, including Viceland, Bravo, TBS, and IFC. Here’s the complete FuboTV channels list.
4) YouTube TV
- Cost: $49.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- YouTube TV devices: Google Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Xbox One, iOS, and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
YouTube TV is a great solution for families because one subscription can add up to six accounts. Each account comes with unlimited cloud DVR. There are sports channels like NBCSN, NBA TV, and four ESPN channels. Disney, Disney XD, Disney Junior, and Cartoon Network will keep any kid (or kid at heart) busy for hours. It also comes with a few Spanish-language channels like Telemundo and NBC Universo. AMC is, of course, included. You’ll get other great channels like BBC America, and IFC, so you won’t miss out on all that prestige TV. (You can find the full list of YouTube TV channels here.)
How to catch up on The Son episodes
If you’re looking for a place to catch up on older The Son episodes, there are a couple of solutions.
1) AMC Premiere
Cost: $4.99 per month, on top of your monthly cable or live TV streaming subscription
AMC Premiere works a bit differently from the typical on-demand channel service. You can watch AMC shows as soon as they are without commercials, along with exclusive content and behind-the-scenes footage. However, you need to have a cable or live TV streaming subscription to join, plus pay an additional $4.99 a month. If you’re addicted to The Son, Better Call Saul, and The Walking Dead, it may just be worth the price for you.
2) Amazon Video
- Cost: $1.99/episode, $24.99/season
- Devices: Amazon Fire Stick, Fire TV, Fire tablets, and Fire phone; Roku, Google TV, TiVo, Nvidia Shield, PlayStation 3 and 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Wii
If you missed out on the first season of The Son, you can buy episodes on Amazon Video. Single episodes start at $1.99, but you can get an entire season for $24.99. Episodes from season 2 are also available for purchase after they air.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Jaime Carillo is a writer for Pure Nintendo and a plucky YouTube cook. He specializes in writing about console gaming and kitchen gadgets. It comes naturally, considering he's either wielding a massive cleaver or Switch Pro controller at any given point. When he's not cruising through a drive-thru at 2am, he's baking shokupan or whipping up a big pot of Japanese curry. He enjoys retro gaming, geopolitics, and Vic Berger videos.