- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry 6 Months Ago
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Today 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Today 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Today 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Today 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Today 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Love It or List It’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup online for free Today 6:55 AM
- Borderlands 3 preview suggests the aging series can still hang with the cool kids Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream the 2019 College World Series for free Today 6:00 AM
- Police try to solve domestic violence by giving victims blunt kitchen knives Friday 5:40 PM
- Privacy activist Ola Bini detained for 2 months in Ecuador without charges Friday 5:01 PM
- Twitter says suspending ‘God’ for a pro-LGBTQ tweet was an ‘error’ Friday 4:14 PM
- ‘You were at my wedding Denise’ stirs controversy again with ‘lubed legs’ tweet Friday 3:31 PM
The Apertura semifinals simmer to a boil.
The Apertura semifinals wind down this weekend as Mexico’s Liga MX simmers to a boil. Up a goal after the home leg, Monterrey Rayados travel to Mexico City for a scrum with Cruz Azul. Can national team rising star Rodolfo Pizzaro continue to bang in goals for Rayados? Can Cruz Azul get back to la gran final for the first time in five years? Watch the Cruz Azul vs. Monterrey live stream to see which of Mexico’s high-profile clubs punches its ticket.
Cruz Azul vs. Monterrey
- When: Saturday, 7:30pm ET
- Where: Mexico City
- Streaming: Univision
Cruz Azul vs. Monterrey live stream: How to watch online for free
Univision, UniMás, and Univision Deportes may be hard to find if you have Dish Network, as contract negotiations between Dish and Univision came to an impasse in July 2018, which also led the channels to be cut from the Dish-owned Sling TV. But there are other options for streaming Cruz Azul vs. Monterrey online, and they come with generous free trials.
- Cost: $44.99 for your first month and $54.99 per month thereafter (after a 7-day free trial)
- Devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
FuboTV is one of the leading live TV streaming services, offering a compelling combination of sports (NBA TV, NFL Network), entertainment (AMC, Syfy, FX), and news (MSNBC, CNN) channels in its core package. But where it really shines is with international soccer, offering UniMas, 10 beIN Sports channels, NBCSN, FS1 and FS2, and more, so you can watch everything from English Premier League to La Liga all in one place. You’ll also get three-day replay for games and 30 hours of cloud DVR. (Here’s the complete FuboTV channels list.)
- Cost: $7.99 | Free with FuboTV or DirecTV Now
- Devices: Roku, Chromecast, Apple TV, Andoird and iOS devices
If you select either of the two options above, you can watch Cruz Azul vs. Monterrey on Univision Now, the channel’s standalone app. Another option: You can pay $7.99 per month to live stream both Univision and UniMás live. If that’s all you really care about, it’s a solid deal.
Cruz Azul vs. Monterrey: Why it matters
Remember that Dragonball Z meme where manager Miguel Herrera celebrated an improbable and ridiculous comeback goal? Before gaining infamy for leading Mexico to the World Cup and later getting fired for punching a reporter, Herrera coached Club América—and that viral moment broke the spirit of Cruz Azul’s fanbase five years ago.
La Máquina hasn’t been back to the finals since, but it’s one win away. Jesus Corona is one of Mexico’s finest goalkeepers ever, and he’s stuck by this snakebit club ever since. Twenty-one years without a title, Cruz Azul has a real chance to win Saturday night at home. Should it advance, Herrera’s América side (he’s back) could very well be waiting on the other end of the bracket for a rematch.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, AMC, FX, Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Golf Channel, Syfy, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, the Weather Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Ramon Ramirez is the news director, and formerly the Dot's entertainment editor and evening editor. His work has appeared in the Washington Post, Grantland, Washington City Paper, Austin American-Statesman, and Austin Monitor.