- How to live stream the 2020 Grammy Awards Today 7:00 AM
- Technology created deepfakes—does it have a way to stop them, too? Today 6:30 AM
- SESTA-FOSTA is ‘detrimental’ to sex workers’ safety, study confirms Today 6:00 AM
- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
- The best upcoming video games to look out for in February 2020 Saturday 5:23 PM
- TikTok teens use AirPods and Google Translate to secretly talk in class Saturday 4:32 PM
- Video shows corpses of coronavirus victims lying in China hospital Saturday 3:44 PM
- Kid meets Slipknot after drumming video goes viral Saturday 2:30 PM
- Channing Tatum responds to troll who tried to compare Jenna Dewan and Jessie J’s looks Saturday 1:46 PM
- Grindr pulls an ‘I don’t know her’ after Eminem suggests he uses the app Saturday 12:48 PM
- Here are the top 10 most popular Instagram models in 2020 Saturday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ takes its characters on a fantasy adventure to Hell in season 3 Saturday 11:37 AM
- Woman no longer in sorority, school after racist MLK post Saturday 10:45 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Miss Americana’ starts to deconstruct the myth of Taylor Swift Saturday 10:32 AM
The divisional round of the 2019 NFL Playoffs closes on Sunday as the Seattle Seahawks visit the NFC North-winning Green Bay Packers in Sunday’s late game, in what will be a snowy Lambeau Field.
The Seahawks got here via a hard-fought 17-9 win in Wild Card Weekend. The Philadelphia Eagles’ top-ranked rushing defense pushed Seahawks QB Russell Wilson to pump the ball downfield more often. He provided a highlight reel for rookie DK Metcalf, connecting with him for seven receptions, 160 yards and a touchdown. The Ole Miss product set a rookie record for most receiving yards in a playoff game.
Metcalf might be in line for another active day, as Green Bay’s pass defense is merely mid-tier.
The Seahawks weren’t as successful on the ground. Wilson led Seattle with 45 rushing yards. and Travis Homer and Marshawn Lynch combined for just 19 yards on 17 carries against the Eagles’ sturdy rush defense. However, the Packers rank No. 23 against the rush, so Beast Mode may finally get loose, except that offensive linemen Mike Iupati and George Fant aren’t likely to play.
The Packers offense is incredibly balanced, though future Hall of Fame quarterback Aaron Rodgers (who went 353 for 569, 4,002 yards, 26 TDs, 4 INTs in 2019) hasn’t necessarily been special this season. His 62 percent completion rate during the regular season left him tied with Carolina Panthers QB Kyle Allen and Miami Dolphins signal-caller Ryan Fitzpatrick. It’s not exactly Rodgersian company to keep, so it will be interesting to see which version of Rodgers takes the field. However, running back Aaron Jones (with 1,084 yards and 16 TDs on 236 carries) keep defenses extremely honest.
Offensive lineman Bryan Bulaga will be of great value to Jones (and Rodgers, for that matter), if he clears concussion protocol.
Here’s everything you need to know to live stream Seahawks vs. Packers.
|HOW TO STREAM SEAHAWKS VS. PACKERS|
|HULU WITH LIVE TV||TRY NOW|
|SLING TV||TRY NOW|
|AT&T TV NOW||TRY NOW|
Seattle Seahawks vs. Green Bay Packers
- When: 6:40pm ET, Sunday, Jan. 12
- Where: Lambeau Field in Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Streaming: Fox
Packers vs. Seahawks live stream: How to watch the NFL Playoffs online
This game will be broadcast on Fox, and will live stream via the following streaming services.
- Cost: $44.99 for your first month and $54.99 per month thereafter
- FuboTV devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, Fox, NBC, CBS, the CW (in some markets) (check local availability here)
FuboTV is a solid TV streaming service option, whether your tastes run to entertainment (AMC, Syfy, FX), news (MSNBC, CNN), or sports (NBA TV, NFL Network). If you’re a soccer fan, however, it will appear tailor-made for you, with NBC and NBCSN, 10 beIN SPORTS channels, FS1, FS2, UniMás, and Champions League actions via TNT all on tap. If you can’t watch a match live, FuboTV offers a three-day replay for each match and 30 hours of cloud DVR. (Check out the complete FuboTV channels list.)
FuboTV also has bilingual families in mind; each subscription comes with UniMás, Galavisión, NBC Universo, beIN SPORTS, Univision, and Fox Deportes. An extra $7.99 per month will bring you Latino Plus, which includes CNN en Español and TyC Sports among its offerings.
- Cost: $54.99 per month
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Hulu local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
Hulu with Live TV includes sports programming among its offerings, including ESPN and FS1, and as a subscriber to the service, you’ll get free access to Hulu’s sizable on-demand library. (Check out the full list of Hulu Live TV channels.)
3) Sling TV
- Sling TV pricing: $30-$45 per month (New subscribers get $10 off the first month.)
- Sling TV devices: Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV,Roku,Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, Microsoft Edge, and iOS and Android devices
- Sling TV local channels: NBC, Fox (check your local availability here)
Sling offers a ton of live sports. Sling TV provides two base channel package options, each priced at $25 per month. Sling Orange includes three ESPN channels – including ESPN3, which will simulcast ABC sports broadcasts, while Sling Blue includes sports channels like NFL Network, NBCSN, and local channels. If you’re Team “Why Not Both,” Sling Orange + Blue combines the two for just $45 per month. Sports Extra: Sling Blue ($10 per month) also includes NFL RedZone.
How to use AirTV with Sling
AirTV solves one of Sling’s biggest problems: The inability to receive all of your local channels. By purchasing a basic AirTV for $79.99 or the AirTV Player for $119.99, you can merge those local channels into your Sling TV (or on your mobile device if you have the basic AirTV). As the Daily Dot wrote in its AirTV review, “It’s practically magic.”
The basic AirTV is a dual-tuner streaming device, while the AirTV Player is basically an upgraded Chromecast that has Netflix preinstalled. You’ll still need to own an HD antenna because even though AirTV gets you access to your local channels, it doesn’t actually physically show them to you.
But AirTV—which has no monthly fee—serves to strengthen one of Sling’s biggest weaknesses compared to other live streaming services like Hulu with Live TV and YouTube TV. Those services have plenty of local channels.
4) AT&T TV Now
- Cost: $50-$135 per month
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
AT&T TV Now is a bonus for AT&T wireless customers. It provides instant access to more than 45 channels, including local channels. That means NBC and Fox for NFL games, NBCSN, FS1, and FS2 for soccer and other sports, and ESPN and ESPN2 for its array of sports programming. It even offers free HBO on PLUS and MAX channel suites. Plus, it comes with CloudDVR for up to 20 hours of TV recording per month. One account works on two devices, but you can add more devices for only $5.
- Cost: $14.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Vidgo devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
Vidgo offers a package for under $15 a month that pulls together more than 45 English-language channels into its National English Package. That includes BeIN Sports and the Pac-12 Network for sports fans but also offers an array of favorites, including A&E, HGTV, History, Lifetime, and a full range of Nickolodeon channels, including TeenNick and NickToons.
If you’re in a bilingual household, there are additional packages available en Español, with programming from throughout the Americas and even Spain. Both the Latino Streaming Plan ($14.99 per month) and Latino Mas Streaming Plan ($24.99 per month) include BeIN’s main Spanish-language channel, TyC Sports, and Azteca America, while the higher tier adds DAZN.
Also, through its Vidgo app, it’s offering the option of Social TV, which allows Vidgo users to connect in real-time as they’re watching programming on their phones.
6) YouTube TV
- Cost: $50 per month
- YouTube TV devices: Google Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Xbox One, iOS and Android devices
- YouTube TV local channels: NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
Seattle Seahawks vs. Green Bay Packers live stream: What to expect
The main stat that would give the undermanned Seahawks hope is that Green Bay ranks 24th in third-down conversions. The stat doesn’t, at all, jibe with the Packers’ record, and could eventually expose the seesaw quality of their offense against comparable or even better teams here in the playoffs. Seattle finished No. 14 in third-down defense, which seems to suggest they have at least a slight chance to keep Rodgers and Green Bay in check.
To make this happen, look for Jadaveon Clowney–who wasn’t fined for his hit on Carson Wentz that led to the quarterback’s concussion—to work to wreck the Packers’ line and live in Rodgers’ face.
Also noteworthy: Russell Wilson is winless in Lambeau in three attempts. Will the fourth time be a charm? Or will Packers magic prevail?
- How to watch the NFL Playoffs live online
- How to watch NFL RedZone without cable
- How to watch NFL Sunday Ticket without a DirecTV satellite
- How to watch NFL Network online (without cable)
For a year-round sports fix, sign up here to receive our weekly boxing newsletter. You’ll hear about all the biggest fights and best knockouts from the Daily Dot’s streaming sports guru Josh Katzowitz.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Kahron Spearman is a music and film critic whose work can also regularly be regularly found in the Austin Chronicle.