- What were these QAnon fans doing posing at Guantanamo Bay? 6 Months Ago
- How to watch the 2019 NBA Draft online for free 6 Months Ago
- Ta-Nehisi Coates dismantles Mitch McConnell’s anti-reparations argument Wednesday 7:52 PM
- Whoopi Goldberg stirs debate over her opinion regarding Bella Thorne’s nudes Wednesday 7:04 PM
- Joe Biden really, really hates raves Wednesday 6:02 PM
- RIP to the Twitter geotagging feature that no one actually used Wednesday 5:14 PM
- Facebook contractors reveal the horrors of moderating graphic content Wednesday 4:42 PM
- Prosecutor almost directly quoted Bible in trial against man who helped migrants Wednesday 4:05 PM
- TikTok’s time warp videos get it twisted Wednesday 4:03 PM
- Is a ‘Stranger Things’ and Fortnite crossover event going to happen? Wednesday 3:55 PM
- YouTube reportedly thinking about moving all kids content off the main site Wednesday 3:50 PM
- AOC calls out Democrats for tone-deaf Beyoncé tweet Wednesday 3:15 PM
- Democrat candidates come out as ‘wife guys’ Wednesday 2:45 PM
- Poll of best Batman actors fails to include Adam West, and fans are not happy Wednesday 2:25 PM
- ‘Pose’ producer Janet Mock lands historic Netflix deal Wednesday 1:54 PM
It’s time to throw down.
Canelo Alvarez is the biggest money fighter in North America. He’s boxing’s biggest pay-per-view star, and now that he’s signed a $365 million deal to fight exclusively on the sports streaming service DAZN, he’s going to get paid like it. It’s good news for boxing viewers because instead of having to pay up to $85 to see Alvarez in a one-off PPV, you can actually watch the Canelo vs. Fielding live stream for free on DAZN with a one-month trial.
Not only is Alvarez (50-1-2, 34 knockouts) a boxer who gets paid an extraordinary amount of money to fight—his last two fights vs. Gennady Golovkin probably netted him close to $100 million—he’s one of the most talented athletes in the sport. Though Rocky Fielding (27-1, 15 KOs) isn’t well known in the mainstream sports world, he could present a few problems for Alvarez.
Alvarez vs. Fielding probably won’t produce the kind of electric atmosphere that was present in the Alvarez vs. Golovkin or Alvarez vs. Floyd Mayweather events. But, as usual for an Alvarez fight, it’s a must-watch for any boxing fan.
Here’s everything you need to know to watch the Canelo vs. Fielding live stream.
Canelo Alvarez vs. Rocky Fielding
- When: Saturday, Dec. 15 at 8pm ET
- Where: Madison Square Garden in New York City
- Streaming: DAZN (free with one-month trial)
Canelo vs Fielding live stream: How to watch for free
It’s been more than two years since Alvarez hasn’t fought on a pay-per-view telecast that would cost plenty of money to watch. Now, after signing his new massive contract, he’s available exclusively on DAZN, which is offering a one-month free trial for new users (you can sign up here to get started). After the first month, the service costs $9.99 per month, but you can cancel at any time.
DAZN has made a huge impact on boxing since it arrived in the U.S. in September. Combined with mixed martial arts (MMA) from Bellator, DAZN is offering more than 100 fight nights per year. Aside from Alvarez, DAZN also features heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua, and it broadcast undisputed cruiserweight champion Oleksandr Usyk’s impressive knockout victory vs. Tony Bellew last month. It’s the exclusive home of the World Boxing Super Series, and later this month, DAZN will show a potentially explosive bout between heavyweights Dillian Whyte and Derek Chisora.
To live stream Alvarez vs. Fielding, you can download the DAZN app on streaming devices Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, or PlayStation 4. You can also stream DAZN from iOS and Android devices, along with any web browser.
Canelo Alvarez vs. Fielding: Why it matters
Alvarez is coming off two incredibly tough fights vs. Gennady Golovkin. The two fought to a controversial draw in September 2017 before Alvarez eked out a close majority decision victory in another tossup fight 364 days later. Fielding is seen as a soft touch for Alvarez, who is a -1400 betting favorite (you’d have to bet $1,400 to win just $100 for an Alvarez win).
Alvarez is one of the best fighters in the sport, and considering he’s only 28 years old, he has a chance to become a Hall of Famer and an all-time great. Here’s how good Alvarez can be.
But Fielding could present some problems. He’s been a super middleweight or a light heavyweight (weighing between 168 and 175 pounds) his entire career, while Alvarez is still rather new to the 160-pound middleweight division. This bout will be contested at super middleweight, so there’s a chance Alvarez will step into the ring with a sizeable weight disadvantage.
Though he has a couple of solid victories on his résumé, Fielding failed the previous time he fought a world-class opponent. That came against Callum Smith in 2015, and Fielding was knocked down three times before the referee stopped it in the first round.
Still, Fielding is confident.
“When we had the face off, the first thing I saw were cuts from the [second Golovkin] fight which were still fresh,” Fielding said. “Also, there’s no way he’s going to be able to put eight pounds of muscle on since his last fight, but he’s elite and I know that it’s my biggest test. I’m confident, though. I wouldn’t have taken it otherwise. It’s at my weight, and I am big for the weight. I can punch, I’m heavy-handed and I can box.”
Canelo vs. Fielding live stream schedule
- Canelo Alvarez vs. Rocky Fielding
- Tevin Farmer vs. Francisco Fonseca
- Sadam Ali vs. Mauricio Herrera
- Katie Taylor vs. Eva Wahlstrom
- Ryan Garcia vs. Braulio Rodriguez
- Yves Ulysse Jr. vs. Maximiliano Becerra
- Vergil Ortiz Jr. vs. Omar Tienda
- Lamont Roach Jr. vs. Alberto Mercado
- Bilal Akkawy vs. Victor Fonseca
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, AMC, FX, Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Golf Channel, Syfy, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, TLC, the Weather Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.