One day World War II nurse Claire Randall is visiting Inverness, Scotland, with her husband. The next, she’s transported back in time to 1743.
Outlander, the celebrated drama based on Diana Gabaldon’s historical time-travel series, is entering its fifth season. Last we saw Claire, she was living in the British colony of North Carolina, in an America that’s already starting to bubble over into revolution. Will Claire find a way to return to Scotland before the powder keg is lit?
Here’s everything you need to know to watch Outlander season 5.
|HOW TO STREAM OUTLANDER SEASON 5|
|HULU WITH LIVE TV||TRY NOW|
|SLING TV||TRY NOW|
|AMAZON PRIME||TRY NOW|
- Caitriona Balfe as Claire Beauchamp Randall/Fraser
- Sam Heughan as James “Jamie” MacKenzie Fraser
- Duncan Lacroix as Murtagh Fitzgibbons Fraser
- Steven Cree as Ian Murray
- Nell Hudson as Laoghaire MacKenzie
- Richard Rankin as Roger Wakefield
- Sophie Skelton as Brianna “Bree” Randall
- David Berry as Lord John Grey
- John Bell as Ian Fraser Murray
- César Domboy as Claudel “Fergus” Fraser
- Lauren Lyle as Marsali MacKimmie Fraser
- Edward Speleers as Stephen Bonnet
- Maria Doyle Kennedy as Jocasta MacKenzie Cameron
- Colin McFarlane as Ulysses
- Natalie Simpson as Phaedre
- Tantoo Cardinal as Adawehi
- Caitlin O’Ryan as Lizzie Wemyss
- Braeden Clarke as Kaheroton
- Gregory Dominic Odjig as Satehoronies
- Carmen Moore as Wahkatiiosta
- Tom Jackson as Tehwahsehwkwe
When does Outlander season 5 air?
The first episode of Outlander season 5 premieres on Sunday, Feb. 16, at 5pm ET. The season will contain 12 episodes, and a sixth season is also confirmed to be coming.
What channel is Outlander on?
Outlander airs on Starz.
1) Starz app
- Cost: $8.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Starz App Devices: iOS, Android, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Mac, PC, Apple TV, Android TV, Fire Stick, Xbox One, Xbox One S, select Samsung Smart TVs
The Starz standalone app is the most direct way to watch Outlander season 5, even if it is without the frills of additional channels. You can watch all new and past episodes of Starz shows like American Gods, but you’ll also gain access to other Starz shows like Power and Black Sails, along with the current lineup of Starz movies.
- Cost: $5.99 to $11.99 per month for Hulu or $54.99 per month for Hulu with Live TV | $8.99 per month for Starz (after a 1-month trial)
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
Hulu plans start at $5.99 a month for the basic Hulu service, but you can upgrade to Hulu No Ads for 11.99 a month. If you’re looking for a live-streaming service, Hulu with Live TV plans start at $40 a month and comes with a suite of more than 50 channels including HGTV, a full suite of ESPN channels, Cartoon Network, FX, and even deep cuts like Nat Geo Wild and Syfy. Whichever package you choose, you can add Starz for only $8.99 a month. Even better? You can preview Starz for free for a month before you’re billed for it. Here’s the complete list of Hulu Live TV channels.
3) Sling TV
- Cost: $30 to $45 per month (10$ off first month) for Sling TV | $9 per month for Starz
- Sling TV devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Android Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, and iOS and Android devices
For a more à la carte service, look to Sling TV. It offers two cable packages, Sling Orange and Sling Blue, both of which cost $30 per month. If you grab them both (Sling Orange + Blue) you can save $10 per month. Sling Blue offers more bang for your buck with over 40 channels, including sports necessities like FS1, NBCSN, and NFL Network. You’ll also gain access to the usual cable mainstays like Food Network, Discovery, Cartoon Network, SYFY, and FXX. Whichever package you choose, you can add Starz for an additional $9 a month. Here’s the complete guide to Sling TV channels.
- Cost: $8.99 per month (after free 7-day trial) for Starz | Prime subscription for $119.99
- Amazon Prime Video Devices: Amazon Fire Stick, Fire TV, Fire tablets, and Fire phone; Roku, Google TV, TiVo, Nvidia Shield, PlayStation 3 and 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Wii
If you’re always online, there’s a good chance you’re already tapping your Amazon Prime account for your streaming needs. Prime Streaming is only $119 per year, but you can try it for 30 days free. Adding Starz to your Prime Video channels lineup couldn’t be simpler. Once added, you’ll not only be able to watch Outlander season 5, but you can also catch all those episodes you missed on-demand. You can also try the Starz channel add-on free for a week before you commit to the $8.99-a-month subscription.
5) YouTube TV
- Cost: $49.99 per month for YouTube TV | $9 per month for Starz
- YouTube TV devices: Google Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Xbox One, iOS and Android devices
YouTube TV is a great solution for families because one subscription can add up to six accounts. Each account comes with unlimited cloud DVR. There are sports channels like NBCSN, NBA TV, and four ESPN channels. AMC, BBC America, and IFC are there too, so you won’t miss out on all that prestige TV. Adding Starz to your subscription is easy, and only runs an additional $9 a month. (You can find the full list of YouTube TV channels here.)
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.