Avatar Aang brought balance to the world after two generations of war and strife. Now what? The Legend of Korra picks up where the legend of Aang left off.
Aang’s legacy lives on in Republic City, the capital of The United Republic of Nations, a multi-cultural sovereign state. After his passing, a plucky young water bender named Korra became the new Avatar, who is still learning how to master her abilities. She won’t have too much time, considering she’s got to keep the world safe from anti-bender revolutionaries, anarchist secret societies, and like the first series, evil empires bent on world conquest.
Here’s everything you need to know to stream The Legend of Korra.
What is Legend of Korra?
This follow-up to Avatar: The Last Airbender was developed by Airbender creators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. The series takes place 70 years after the events of Avatar: The Last Airbender.
- Launched: April 2012
- Channel: Originally aired on Nickelodeon
- Genre: Animated/Fantasy/Action
- Starring: Janet Varney as Avatar Korra, Dee Bradley Baker as Naga and Pabu, David Faustino as Mako, P.J. Byrne as Bolin, J.K. Simmons as Tenzin, Seychelle Gabriel as Asami Sato, Mindy Sterling as Lin Beifong
- Seasons: 4
- Status: Ended
Legend of Korra Reviews
What the critics are saying:
- “Visually, Korra is striking. It’s full of little tricks and nuances that only true fans will notice and savor, but nothing prevents civilians from enjoying it as well. The same holds for the mythology.” –David Hinkley, NY Daily News
- “Mostly, the intrigue in the half-hour pilot proves a trifle head-scratching, but there’s a fair amount of action and an impressive look.” –Brian Lowry, Variety
How to stream Legend of Korra
The Avatar: The Last Airbender sequel is available on two of the popular streaming services, CBS All Access and Nick Hits on Amazon Prime Video.
Popular Entertainment Channel Streaming Guides
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Read our Ethics Policy to learn more.