- ‘American Dirt’ controversy inspires meme about Latinx stereotypes in literature Wednesday 9:02 PM
- What is the TikTok ‘flex challenge’? Wednesday 8:03 PM
- GoFundMe to send ‘Target Tori’ on vacation raises more than $30K Wednesday 6:54 PM
- Furries stop domestic assault in viral video Wednesday 6:10 PM
- Gritty under police investigation for allegedly punching a teen fan Wednesday 6:04 PM
- Twitter users throw animal parties with emoji in new meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Woman who went viral supporting Soleimani killing exposed as Libyan militia lobbyist Wednesday 5:01 PM
- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report Wednesday 3:29 PM
- ‘Yeah, good. OK’ Bernie Sanders meme is a new way to dismiss people Wednesday 3:10 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Petty displays of affection Wednesday 2:12 PM
- Makeup artist transforms into Timothée Chalamet on TikTok Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Iguanas are falling from trees—and people are selling them online for food Wednesday 1:02 PM
- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix Wednesday 12:30 PM
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ Wednesday 11:59 AM
- Trump continues to demand Apple unlock iPhones for the government Wednesday 11:46 AM
In arguably the greatest rivalry in college football today, No. 1 Ohio State Buckeyes (11-0, 8-0 Big Ten) travels to take on the No. 13 Michigan Wolverines (9-2, 6-2) in “the Game,” at Michigan Stadium, in Ann Arbor, Michigan on Saturday.
The dominant Buckeyes survived their first real test and improved to 11-0 following a hard-fought 28-17 victory over Penn State on Saturday. Star back J.K. Dobbins produced 157 yards rushing and two touchdowns. The current top seed in the College Football Playoff also won the Big Ten East title. Defensive end Chase Young, the country’s best defensive player, has 16 sacks and six forced fumbles this season. He had three sacks, four tackles for loss, and a forced fumble in a 28-17 win over Penn State last weekend after serving a two-game NCAA suspension for receiving (and repaying) a small loan.
Michigan has shown tremendous grit after moving to 9-2 after a 39-14 victory over Indiana. Quarterback Shea Patterson continued to show improvement, leading the way with five TD passes. After a rough beginning to their season, head coach Jim Harbaugh’s club has reeled off four consecutive wins.
Even if Michigan manages to beat Ohio State, it will remain behind the Buckeyes in the East. However, the Wolverines can lock themselves into a New Year’s Six and create some chaos in the larger playoff picture.
|HOW TO WATCH OHIO VS. MICHIGAN WITHOUT CABLE|
|SLING TV||TRY NOW|
|HULU WITH LIVE TV||TRY NOW|
No. 1 Ohio State vs No. 13 Michigan
- When: 12pm ET, Saturday, Nov. 30
- Where: Michigan Stadium, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Streaming: FOX
How to stream Ohio State vs. Michigan live: Watch Big 10 football
The following services offer a one-week free trial.
1) Sling TV
- Sling TV pricing: $25-$40 per month (40% first month)
- Sling TV devices: Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV,Roku,Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, Microsoft Edge, and iOS and Android devices
- Sling TV local channels: NBC, Fox (check your local availability here)
Sling offers a ton of live sports. Sling TV provides two base channel package options, each priced at $25 per month. Sling Orange includes three ESPN channels, while Sling Blue includes sports channels like NFL Network, NBCSN, and local channels. If you’re Team “Why Not Both,” Sling Orange + Blue combines the two for just $40 per month. Sports Extra: Sling Blue ($10 per month) also includes NFL RedZone.
For $10 extra per month, you can get NFL RedZone via the Sling Blue Sports Extra package.
How to use AirTV with Sling
AirTV solves one of Sling’s biggest problems: The inability to receive all of your local channels. By purchasing a basic AirTV for $79.99 or the AirTV Player for $119.99, you can merge those local channels into your Sling TV, (or on your mobile device if you have the basic AirTV). As the Daily Dot wrote in its AirTV review, “It’s practically magic.”
The basic AirTV is a dual-tuner streaming device, while the AirTV Player is basically an upgraded Chromecast that has Netflix preinstalled. You’ll still need to own an HD antenna because even though AirTV gets you access to your local channels, it doesn’t actually physically show them to you.
But AirTV—which has no monthly fee—serves to strengthen one of Sling’s biggest weaknesses compared to other live streaming services like Hulu with Live TV, YouTube TV, and PlayStation Vue. All those services have plenty of local channels. While select NFL and college football games (on Fox, FS1, and FS2) are no longer on Sling, you can still catch Fox games with AirTV.
- Cost: $44.99 for your first month and $54.99 per month thereafter
- FuboTV devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, Fox, NBC, CBS, the CW (in some markets) (check local availability here)
FuboTV is a solid TV streaming service option, whether your tastes run to entertainment (AMC, Syfy, FX), news (MSNBC, CNN), or sports (NBA TV, NFL Network). If you can’t watch a game live, FuboTV offers a three-day replay for each match and 30 hours of cloud DVR. (Check out the complete FuboTV channels list.)
- Cost: $44.99 per month
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Hulu local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
Hulu with Live TV includes sports programming among its offerings, including ESPN and FS1, and as a subscriber to the service, you’ll get free access to Hulu’s sizable on-demand library. (Check out the full list of Hulu Live TV channels.)
4) YouTube TV
- Cost: $50 per month
- YouTube TV devices: Google Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Xbox One, iOS and Android devices
- YouTube TV local channels: NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, the CW (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
YouTube TV is a great option for college football: Fox, ABC, NBC, CBS, FS1, FS2, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN News, and ESPNU are all here and offer a nearly 360 programming platter of action. (Take a look at the full list of YouTube TV channels here.)
Ohio State vs. Michigan: What to watch for
The key will be the same as usual with when Chase Young is involved–can Michigan stop the Ohio State standout?
If Young lives in the backfield, it will mean the Wolverines are being suffocated, and they will be blown out. Harbaugh has to keep Patterson–12 TD passes and just one interception in his last four games–upright to have any chance. Running backs Zach Charbonnet and Hassan Haskins will need to punish Ohio State’s aggressiveness and keep Young and company back on their heels.
Holding the chalk line, Ohio State is an 8.5-point favorite on the road, according to Odds Shark. Expect a dogfight, but Ohio State is the more talented team and should wear Michigan down.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Kahron Spearman is a music and film critic whose work can also regularly be regularly found in the Austin Chronicle.