- Gynecologist explains why garlic shouldn’t go in vaginas Wednesday 7:08 PM
- People on Twitter are posting the 5 weirdest jobs they’ve had for this meme Wednesday 6:48 PM
- Mortal Kombat 11’s Jax ends slavery—and gamers are pissed Wednesday 5:46 PM
- GPS app gave hacker ability to remotely shut off car engines Wednesday 3:58 PM
- Scott Walker wore jeans for sexual assault awareness, and Twitter is reminding him of his misogynist past Wednesday 3:24 PM
- Hacked Lime scooters make sexual comments to riders Wednesday 3:03 PM
- ‘Bonding’ squanders its potential with weak jokes and limp structure Wednesday 2:49 PM
- The safest place for ‘Game of Thrones’ memes is in the crypts Wednesday 2:23 PM
- Report: Fortnite developer Epic Games is working employees into the ground Wednesday 1:57 PM
- Damian Lillard’s game-winning 3-pointer inspired a plethora of memes Wednesday 12:17 PM
- Gamers are blaming socialism for making the women in Mortal Kombat ‘ugly’ Wednesday 11:36 AM
- Nickelodeon is selling SpongeBob toys based on popular memes Wednesday 11:25 AM
- Alex Jones protests outside the White House by shouting the name of his website Wednesday 11:13 AM
- ‘I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson’ has an absurd conclusion for every scenario Wednesday 10:52 AM
- Twitch star TF Blade banned for racial slur—but he swears he didn’t say it Wednesday 10:43 AM
No Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo? No problem.
The stakes may not be as high as usual, but you’re still going to want to live stream El Clasico, especially since there are plenty of ways you can watch Real Madrid vs. Barcelona online for free in the U.S., no shady sites or VPNs required. Here’s everything you need to know to watch El Clasico on Sunday.
Real Madrid vs. Barcelona
- When: 11:15am ET, Sunday, Oct. 28
- Where: Camp Nou in Barcelona, Spain
- Streaming: BeIn Sports on FuboTV, Sling TV, and DirecTV Now or via DAZN
Real Madrid vs. Barcelona: Why it matters
We knew this day would come.
Every soccer fan in the world chooses a side when Real Madrid and Barcelona meet in El Clasico. But on Sunday, the game will be devoid of Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo for the first time in 11 years. Messi may be nursing a fractured arm and Ronaldo banging in headers in Italy, but there’s still lots to love here—like the star who outplayed them both this summer at the World Cup.
Sunday’s showdown is a chance for Croatia’s Luka Modric to carry his slumping side. (Madrid sits in seventh place in the La Liga standings, while Messi carried Barcelona to first place before going down last week.) The midfielder can set the pace and make sure the game script runs through him. He’ll lean on Spanish attacking midfielder Isco for scoring chances. Barcelona on Wednesday was fine but uneven against Inter, winning a shaky 2-0 Champions League game that could have gone either way. Look for Real Madrid, the more desperate home team, team to take this one. —Ramon Ramirez
Real Madrid vs. Barcelona live stream: 3 ways to watch for free
Cost: $39.99 for your first month and $44.99 per month thereafter (with a seven-day free trial)
Devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
If you’re the type of person who wakes up early every Saturday morning to stream English Premier League and schedules lunch breaks around UEFA Champions League matches, you’re going to want FuboTV. It launched specifically as a streaming service for international soccer, and while it’s expanded its scope significantly over the years, it’s still the best way to watch soccer online. (Here’s the complete FuboTV channels list.)
2) Sling TV
Cost: $25-$40 per month (after free seven-day trial) + $5-$10 monthly add-on
Sling TV offers three different channel packages: Sling Orange, Sling Blue, and Sling Orange + Blue. It doesn’t matter which one you pick. You’re going to have to add either Sports Extra: Sling Orange ($5 per month) or Sports Extra: Sling Blue ($10 per month) to get BeIn Sports and unlock a Real Madrid-Barcelona live stream. The main difference between the two is that the latter also includes NFL RedZone. Alternatively, you can add Español: Best of Spanish TV package for Sling Orange or Sling Blue and get two BeIn Sports channels. Both packages cost $5 per month after your free trial.
3) DirecTV Now
Cost: $45 per month (after 7-day free trial)
DirecTV Now offers a package that specifically caters to Spanish-speaking viewers, and it’s the only one that offers BeIn sports and, thus, an El Clasico live stream. Todo y Mas (“Everything and More”) comes with more than 90 channels, almost half of which are Spanish exclusives, including Univision, ESPN Deportes, Telemundo, and CNN En Español. (You can view the full DirecTV Now channels list here.)
Real Madrid vs. Barcelona live stream: How to watch in Canada
Cost: $20 per month or $150 annually (after a one-month free trial)
Devices: Apple TV, Chromecast, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, PlayStation 3 and 4, iOS and Android devices
It’s not hard to know exactly what you’re going to get when you subscribe to DAZN, a new streaming service for live sports. It’s not a cable alternative like the other options on this list. It’s better known for PPV-style events and for locking down Canelo Alvarez for a five-year, 11-fight deal for a reported $365 million. But DAZN will be offering an El Clasico live stream in Canada, as you can see in the schedule below.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, ESPN and ESPN2, AMC, FX, Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, FS1, TBS, TNT, Golf Channel, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, the CW, NBA TV, MTV, the Weather Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
Austin Powell is the managing editor of the Daily Dot. His work focuses on the intersection of entertainment and technology. He previously served as a music columnist for the Austin Chronicle and is the co-author of The Austin Chronicle Music Anthology.