- How to live stream Guadalajara vs. Atletico Madrid 4 Months Ago
- Forget Area 51—People are planning to storm the Bermuda Triangle 4 Months Ago
- It’s too late to book a room for the Area 51 raid 4 Months Ago
- Adam Sandler’s next Netflix film is a star-studded Halloween comedy 4 Months Ago
- How to live stream Arsenal vs. Real Madrid Today 12:06 PM
- Netflix’s ‘7SEEDS’ is an abominable adaptation of the original manga Today 11:59 AM
- Alinity Divine hasn’t been punished for throwing her cat—and people are livid Today 10:16 AM
- Gamer Krucial B passes away during Defend the North tournament Today 9:25 AM
- Brexit supporter Boris Johnson becomes prime minister—spawning lots of memes Today 9:16 AM
- Democrats want to ban use of facial recognition in public housing Today 8:29 AM
- In America’s meme war, the left and right are fighting different battles Today 8:10 AM
- Mahershala Ali’s ‘Blade’ movie won’t arrive until Phase 5 of the MCU Today 7:18 AM
- Natalie Portman isn’t playing ‘female Thor’—she’s ‘Mighty Thor’ Today 7:08 AM
- How to watch ‘Breaking Bad’ online Today 7:00 AM
- Controversial Instagram influencer plans event called ‘The Scam’ Today 7:00 AM
The unsolved case endures after 12 years.
It’s been more than 10 years since the disappearance of 3-year-old Madeleine McCann and the world is still baffled. The UK toddler vanished from her family’s hotel room while on vacation in Portugal, and her loved ones have been searching for answers ever since.
The case led to a global manhunt, which is still an ongoing investigation that has cost £11.6 million total. Media fallout and initial suspicion from local police on the case led to a backlash against the McCanns, who were cleared of “arguido” (aka suspect) about a year after Madeleine’s disappearance, according to the Telegraph. That didn’t stop UK press from painting the couple as negligent at best and criminal at worst.
New information has trickled in as late as 2017. Though it’s known as one of the most heavily reported missing-person cases in modern history, Madeleine McCann: An ID Murder Mystery will offer new perspectives on a story that continues to baffle law enforcement in at least two different countries.
The two-part mini-series features exclusive interviews from members of law enforcement, the family’s legal team, and some of the journalists who’ve covered this unusual case from the beginning.
Here’s everything you need to know to watch Madeleine McCann: An ID Murder Mystery online for free.
What channel is Madeleine McCann on?
Madeleine McCann: An ID Murder Mystery will air on Investigation Discovery (ID).
When does Madeleine McCann air?
The full, two-hour special premieres Sunday, April 7 at 9pm ET. The first 85 minutes are already available to stream on ID’s website.
How to watch Madeleine McCann: An ID Murder Mystery for free
You can watch this two-part mystery series through all of the streaming services featured below. No matter which service you choose, each starts with a one-week trial so you can watch Madeleine McCann online for free.
1) Sling TV
- Cost: $25-$40 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Android Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, and iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, Fox (check your local availability here)
For a more à la carte service, look to Sling TV. It offers two cable packages, Sling Orange and Sling Blue, both of which cost $25 per month. ID is available in either package. If you grab them both (Sling Orange + Blue) you can save $10 per month. Sling Blue offers more bang for your buck with over 40 channels, including sports necessities like FS1, NBCSN, and NFL Network. You’ll also gain access to the usual cable mainstays like Food Network, Discovery, Cartoon Network, SYFY, and FXX. Here’s the complete guide to Sling TV channels.
- Cost: $16 per month (after a free 7-day trial)
- Devices: Philo works with Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick, and Fire TV, iOS, Android, and your web browser
Philo is the least expensive streaming service, but it has some limitations. You won’t find the sports channels that dominate other packages or local channels. However, it’s the cheapest way to gain access to ID at only $16 a month. You will also find the best deal on popular channels like Animal Planet, IFC, Lifetime, and more. You also get free cloud DVR, but shows recorded are deleted after 30 days, so binge responsibly.
- Cost: $44.95 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
Hulu with Live TV is one of the most popular ways to stream live TV because you gain access to a massive library of on-demand content including classic and current TV shows and movies. As far as live-streaming goes, you’ll have almost 60 channels to flip through, including HGTV, a full suite of ESPN channels, Cartoon Network, FX, and more. Fans of Madeleine McCann: An ID Murder Mystery might also enjoy Hulu’s original series The Act, featuring another famous true crime case. Here’s the complete list of Hulu Live TV channels.
- Cost:$44.99-$79.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- PlayStation Vue devices: PlayStation 3 and 4, Roku, Amazon Fire, Google Chromecast, Kodi, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, Fox, ABC, CBS (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
If you have a PS4 and are into the idea of having your gaming and streaming needs met in the same place, PlayStation Vue is made for you. Still, you don’t need a PS4 to enjoy this service. You can also use a Roku, Amazon Fire devices, and even Kodi. Plus, you’ll get awesome channels like AMC, BBC America, and Bravo in PlayStation Vue’s entry-level package. One subscription works with up to five devices, all with unlimited cloud DVR storage, which makes it one of the most binge-friendly solutions. (Here are all of PlayStation Vue channels.)
Other ways to watch Investigation Discovery online
Like many cable channels, you can watch a live stream of ID shows straight from its website. You can watch the first episode totally free right now without log-in information. If you want to catch the second half, simply visit the site, click the “sign in” in the top right corner, and punch in your login information from a cable provider or streaming services listed above, except Sling TV which is not compatible.
2) Investigation Discovery GO app
To tap into ID shows on the go, download the app and log in as you would on the Investigation Discovery website with your cable or live streaming service credentials.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Jaime Carillo is a writer for Pure Nintendo and a plucky YouTube cook. He specializes in writing about console gaming and kitchen gadgets. It comes naturally, considering he's either wielding a massive cleaver or Switch Pro controller at any given point. When he's not cruising through a drive-thru at 2am, he's baking shokupan or whipping up a big pot of Japanese curry. He enjoys retro gaming, geopolitics, and Vic Berger videos.