- Black couple says they were accused of stealing during marriage proposal Tuesday 6:57 PM
- How to live stream Robert Mueller’s testimony Tuesday 6:00 PM
- ‘MAGA Bomber’ believed that antifa was trying to murder Papa John’s employees Tuesday 5:23 PM
- Forever 21 under fire for sending Atkins diet bars with online orders Tuesday 4:56 PM
- Apple denies boosting its own apps in App Store Tuesday 4:25 PM
- The new Overwatch hero is a naked foot enthusiast, apparently Tuesday 4:19 PM
- Bella Thorne comes out as pansexual Tuesday 3:17 PM
- Macy’s pulls portion-control plates after social media uproar Tuesday 2:59 PM
- John Oliver confirms the internet’s suspicions about that ‘Lion King’ cast photo Tuesday 2:14 PM
- Report: Fake Libra accounts rampant on Facebook, Instagram Tuesday 2:10 PM
- Tennessee neighbors form human chain to help father and son escape ICE Tuesday 1:57 PM
- Google settled two multi-million dollar lawsuits this week Tuesday 1:26 PM
- How to live stream Guadalajara vs. Atletico Madrid Tuesday 12:47 PM
- Forget Area 51—People are planning to storm the Bermuda Triangle Tuesday 12:41 PM
- It’s too late to book a room for the Area 51 raid Tuesday 12:28 PM
An heiress on the edge gets medieval
From the brilliant comedy minds of Jamie Denbo (Ronna and Beverly, The Heat) and Jenji Kohan (Orange is the New Black) comes American Princess, a classically, well, American story so tragic it collapses into itself and becomes hilarious.
Amanda, an Upper East Side socialite, is just hours away from getting married when she discovers her fiance is cheating on her. After a violent outburst, Amanda runs away from her countryside dream wedding she had planned all her life and ends up stranded in the middle of nowhere. Her luck only gets worse from there: she’s smack dab in the middle of a Rennaissance Faire with no way of getting home. Plus, the ravenous New York media has picked up on her little incident and dragging her through the mud.
Now, Amanda must reevaluate her entire life, and perhaps even leave the world she knows behind for the glow of turkey legs, jousting, and wenching as she worms her way into becoming part of the Rennaissance Faire she stumbled upon.
Here’s everything you need to know to watch American Princess online for free.
American Princess cast
- Georgia Flood as Amanda
- Lucas Neff as David
- Seana Kofoed as Maggie
- Rory O’Malley as Brian
- Mary Hollis Inboden as Amanda
When does American Princess air?
The first two episodes of American Princess premieres on Sunday, June 2, at 9pm ET.
What channel is American Princess on?
American Princess airs on Lifetime.
How to watch American Princess for free
Lifetime is available on a handful of the major live TV streaming services. When trying to decide which one is best for you, you’ll want to weigh the cost, the other channels you’ll receive, and the compatible devices for streaming. Thankfully, no matter which service you pick, you’ll start with a one-week trial, so you can watch American Princess for free.
1) Sling TV
- Cost: $25-$40 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Devices: Amazon Fire TVs, Android Fire Stick, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, and iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, Fox (check your local availability here)
For a more à la carte service, look to Sling TV. It offers two cable packages, Sling Orange and Sling Blue, both of which cost $25 per month. Lifetime is available in either Sling package. If you grab them both (Sling Orange + Blue) you can save $10 per month. If you need to choose, Sling Blue offers more bang for your buck with over 40 channels, including sports necessities like FS1, NBCSN, and NFL Network. You’ll also gain access to the usual cable mainstays like Food Network, Discovery, Cartoon Network, SYFY, and FXX. Here’s the complete guide to Sling TV channels.
- Cost: $16 per month (after a free 7-day trial)
- Devices: Philo works with Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick, and Fire TV, iOS, Android, and your web browser
Philo is the least expensive streaming service, but it has some limitations. You won’t find the sports channels that dominate other packages or local channels. However, it’s the cheapest way to gain access to Lifetime at only $16 a month. You will also find the best deal on popular channels like Animal Planet, AMC, and even deep cuts like IFC and ID. You also get free cloud DVR, but shows recorded are deleted after 30 days, so binge responsibly.
- Cost: $44.95 per month (after a 7-day free trial)
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
Hulu with Live TV is one of the most popular ways to stream live TV, perhaps because you gain access to a massive library of on-demand content including classic and current TV shows, movies, not to mention Hulu’s original programming. As far as live-streaming goes, you’ll have almost 60 channels to flip through, including HGTV, a full suite of ESPN channels, Cartoon Network, FX, and even deep cuts like Nat Geo Wild and Syfy. Here’s the complete list of Hulu Live TV channels.
- Cost: $44.99 for your first month and $54.99 per month thereafter (after a 7-day free trial)
- FuboTV devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, Fox, NBC, CBS, the CW (in some markets) (check local availability here)
FuboTV was built from the ground up with sports fans in mind. There are different channel packages available whether you’re looking for basketball, soccer, golf, and even outdoor sports like rock climbing. But no worries, all the great cable channels you’re after are present too, including Viceland, Bravo, TBS, and IFC. Here’s the complete FuboTV channels list.
Other ways to watch Lifetime online
Many cable channels let you live stream directly from their site, and Lifetime is no different. Simply go to the channel’s website, select a video to watch, and them fill in your login information from the above services when prompted. Unfortunately, Sling TV won’t work for this.
Devices: Apple TV, Roku, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, and iOS and Android devices
If you want to stream American Princess on the move, we suggest downloading the Lifetime app. The same login from the website will work here to watch new episodes of Lifetime shows and movies.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Jaime Carillo is a writer for Pure Nintendo and a plucky YouTube cook. He specializes in writing about console gaming and kitchen gadgets. It comes naturally, considering he's either wielding a massive cleaver or Switch Pro controller at any given point. When he's not cruising through a drive-thru at 2am, he's baking shokupan or whipping up a big pot of Japanese curry. He enjoys retro gaming, geopolitics, and Vic Berger videos.