- Redditor wants to know if he’s the a**hole for ghosting pregnant partner Thursday 8:19 PM
- How to go live on TikTok Thursday 8:08 PM
- Joey Salads suggests Democrats carried out Santa Clarita mass shooting Thursday 7:31 PM
- How influencers use TikTok to make money and launch careers Thursday 7:18 PM
- How to stream Argentina vs. Brazil live Thursday 6:51 PM
- How to watch Disney+ on a smart TV Thursday 6:28 PM
- Miss Fame calls out Justin Bieber for low music video appearance pay offer Thursday 6:19 PM
- Trump Jr. ranked No. 1 on best-seller list—after the GOP gave away copies of his book Thursday 5:45 PM
- How to get Disney+ bundle if you already subscribe to Hulu and/or ESPN+ Thursday 5:19 PM
- Mo’Nique suing Netflix for race and gender discrimination Thursday 5:09 PM
- Students outraged that professors accused of sexual misconduct are still teaching Thursday 5:00 PM
- TikTok users jokingly wear big hats to sneak snacks into movie theaters Thursday 3:59 PM
- Why today’s new facially recognition bill is being called ‘woefully’ inadequate Thursday 3:15 PM
- Facebook has given more user data to the government than ever before Thursday 2:57 PM
- How to sign up for Disney Plus Thursday 2:55 PM
The No. 9 Florida Gators will visit Columbia on Saturday to play a surging South Carolina team for an early-starting SEC matchup sure to pique the interest of college football fans across the country.
The Gators sit at 6-1 (and 3-1 in the SEC) following their 42-28 road loss to explosive LSU in a battle of heavyweights. Florida QB Kyle Trask threw for 310 yards on 59% passing with three touchdowns. Tight end Kyle Pitts had 5 catches for 108 yds, and Van Jefferson caught two scores. The Gators’ vaunted defense, however, was no match for the Joe Burrow-led Tiger offense – partly due to defensive ends Jabari Zuniga and Jonathan Greenard sitting with injuries.
The Gators allowed the Tigers to rush for 218 yards. Both Zuniga and Greenard are likely game-time decisions for Saturday, which means the Gamecocks’ running game could prove a factor.
Trask on the season has thrown for 1,191 yds, completing 93 of 136 attempts for 10 touchdowns and three interceptions. RB Lamical Perine leads the Gators with 392 yards rushing and four scores. David Reese II leads the team in tackles with 53.
South Carolina is now 3-3 (2-2 in the SEC) coming off a massive double overtime 20-17 victory at Georgia last weekend.
Gamecocks quarterback Ryan Hilinski connected on 15 of 20 attempts for just 116 yds and one TD in the upset victory over Georgia, but suffered a knee injury that will limit his mobility. Dynamic WR Bryan Edwards pulled in six passes for 78 yds and a touchdown. The South Carolina defense was led by Israel Mukuamu, who had himself a day with three interceptions, including a pick-six. Expect Trask to be wary of throwing in his direction.
Hilinski has hit 63% of his passes for 1,028 yards, six scores, and three picks. For Carolina to have a shot, he will need to be in the lineup—as he’s expected to be—and play well.
|HOW TO WATCH FLORIDA VS SOUTH CAROLINA WITHOUT CABLE|
|HULU WITH LIVE TV||TRY NOW|
|SLING TV||TRY NOW|
No. 9 Florida vs. South Carolina
- When: 12pm ET, Saturday, Oct. 19
- Where: Williams-Brice Stadium in Columbia, South Carolina
- Streaming: ESPN
No. 9 Florida vs. South Carolina live stream
The following services, save for ESPN+, offer a one-week free trial.
- Cost: $44.99 for your first month and $54.99 per month thereafter
- FuboTV devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, Fox, NBC, CBS, the CW (in some markets) (check local availability here)
FuboTV is a solid TV streaming service option, whether your tastes run to entertainment (AMC, Syfy, FX), news (MSNBC, CNN), or sports (NBA TV, NFL Network). If you’re a soccer fan, however, it will appear tailor-made for you, with all Champions League matches (via the TNT and TUDN family of channels), NBC and NBCSN, 10 beIN SPORTS channels, FS1 and FS2. If you can’t watch a match live, FuboTV offers a three-day replay for each match and 30 hours of cloud DVR. (Check out the complete FuboTV channels list.)
FuboTV also has bilingual families in mind; each subscription comes with UniMás, Galavisión, NBC Universo, beIN SPORTS, Univision, and Fox Deportes. An extra $7.99 per month will bring you Latino Plus, which includes CNN en Español and TyC Sports among its offerings.
- Cost: $44.99 per month
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Hulu local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
Hulu with Live TV includes sports programming among its offerings, including ESPN and FS1, and as a subscriber to the service, you’ll get free access to Hulu’s sizable on-demand library. (Check out the full list of Hulu Live TV channels.)
3) Sling TV
- Sling TV pricing: $25-$40 per month (40% first month)
- Sling TV devices: Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV,Roku,Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, Microsoft Edge, and iOS and Android devices
- Sling TV local channels: NBC, Fox (check your local availability here)
Sling TV provides two base channel package options, each priced at $25 per month. Sling Orange includes three ESPN channels, while Sling Blue includes sports channels like NFL Network, NBCSN, and local channels. If you’re Team “Why Not Both,” Sling Orange + Blue combines the two for just $40 per month. Sports Extra: Sling Blue ($10 per month) also includes NFL RedZone.
Sling TV Latino is another Spanish-language package for $10 per month, including NBC Universo, History en Español, and—of import to soccer fans—four beIN SPORTS channels. (And choosing Sling TV Latino + Sling Orange for $30 per month gives you access to ESPN Deportes.) For more information, check out our guide to Sling TV channels and our Sling TV review.
For $10 extra per month, you can get NFL RedZone via the Sling Blue Sports Extra package.
How to use AirTV with Sling
AirTV solves one of Sling’s biggest problems: The inability to receive all of your local channels. By purchasing a basic AirTV for $79.99 or the AirTV Player for $119.99, you can merge those local channels into your Sling TV, (or on your mobile device if you have the basic AirTV). As the Daily Dot wrote in its AirTV review, “It’s practically magic.”
The basic AirTV is a dual-tuner streaming device, while the AirTV Player is basically an upgraded Chromecast that has Netflix preinstalled. You’ll still need to own an HD antenna because even though AirTV gets you access to your local channels, it doesn’t actually physically show them to you.
But AirTV—which has no monthly fee—serves to strengthen one of Sling’s biggest weaknesses compared to other live streaming services like Hulu with Live TV, YouTube TV, and PlayStation Vue. All those services have plenty of local channels. While select NFL and college football games (on Fox, FS1, and FS2) are no longer on Sling, you can still catch Fox games with AirTV.
Florida vs. South Carolina: What to watch for
Though Florida is the better team on paper, the best ability remains availability—and both Zuniga and Greenard will be limited if they suit up at all. South Carolina is already riding high with the confidence that they just beat what was supposed to be an even better team than the Gators last weekend. Their gameplan will be to muddy up the game, and stay connected into the fourth quarter.
However, Florida will arrive in Columbia with a sense of urgency, given the LSU loss on their ledger, and Mukuamu won’t be likely to get three picks off Trask. Expect Pitts to figure heavily into Florida’s gameplan.
Florida is a five-point favorite, according to Odds Shark. However, expect this game to be a slobberknocker with special teams coming into play.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Kahron Spearman is a music and film critic whose work can also regularly be regularly found in the Austin Chronicle.