- People have much love for the all-women moderator panel at the presidential debate Wednesday 10:03 PM
- Kamala Harris: Trump ‘got punked’ by North Korea Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Biden on domestic violence: We need to keep ‘punching’ Wednesday 9:47 PM
- Amy Klobuchar says she raised $17,000 from ex-boyfriends Wednesday 9:16 PM
- Trump’s campaign is a fan of Tulsi Gabbard’s attack on the Democratic party Wednesday 9:07 PM
- 50 Cent makes Instagram return with transphobic meme Wednesday 8:34 PM
- Lyft driver attacks female passenger after she refused to turn off music Wednesday 7:30 PM
- J.J. Watt posted his phone number online, wants fans to text him Wednesday 6:22 PM
- How a normal redditor becomes a conspiracy theorist Wednesday 5:48 PM
- ‘Bikram’ is not a great film, but it is a document of justice Wednesday 5:43 PM
- Congress is concerned Amazon isn’t safeguarding Ring videos Wednesday 5:40 PM
- Twitter urged to suspend Tory Party Twitter account after it ‘misled’ the public Wednesday 4:56 PM
- This former stripper has the best Humans of New York story of all time Wednesday 4:47 PM
- How to watch tonight’s 2020 Democratic debate Wednesday 4:21 PM
- ‘Dollface’ offers a narrow vision of womanhood Wednesday 3:56 PM
The No. 17 Arizona State Sun Devils visit Salt Lake City on Saturday to face the No. 13 Utah Utes at Rice-Eccles Stadium, in a pivotal Pac-12 matchup with bowl implications.
Arizona State is coming in hot as winners of their last two, including last Saturday’s 38-34 win over Washington State. Herm Edwards’ Sun Devils have been well-steered offensively by QB Jayden Daniels. The freshman has completed 63% of his passes for 1,610 yds, with eight TDs compared to just one interception.
RB Eno Benjamin leads the rushing attack with 529 yards and 7 TDs. WR Brandon Aiyuk has caught 31 passes for 651 yds and 5 TDs. Defensively, the tackles leader is defensive back Evan Fields with 42. Jermayne Lole leads the team in sacks with 2.5. As you’d expect, Edwards’ defense is playing well, giving up just 91.7 rushing yards per game.
The talented Utes are coming off a dominating 52-7 victory at Oregon State. Utah’s only loss so far in 2019 was a road game at USC, in something of a fluke. Senior QB Tyler Huntley guides the ship as both a passing and running threat, with 1,393 yards through the air on 75% passing, and three rushing touchdowns to add to his nine passing.
Zach Moss leads the Utes with 514 rushing yards, good for fifth in the conference. WR Bryan Thompson has contributed 310 yds receiving and two scores. LB Francis Bernard leads an aggressive defense with 43 tackles. Brandon Anae ranks second in the Pac-12 with 4.0 sacks.
|HOW TO WATCH ARIZONA STATE VS. UTAH WITHOUT CABLE|
|HULU WITH LIVE TV||TRY NOW|
|SLING TV||TRY NOW|
No. 17 Arizona State vs. No. 13 Utah
- When: 5pm ET, Saturday, Oct. 19
- Where: Rice-Eccles Stadium in Salt Lake City, Utah
- Streaming: Pac-12 Network
No. 17 Arizona State vs. No. 13 Utah live stream
The following services, save for ESPN+, offer a one-week free trial.
- Cost: $44.99 for your first month and $54.99 per month thereafter
- FuboTV devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android TV, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, Fox, NBC, CBS, the CW (in some markets) (check local availability here)
FuboTV is a solid TV streaming service option, whether your tastes run to entertainment (AMC, Syfy, FX), news (MSNBC, CNN), or sports (NBA TV, NFL Network). If you’re a soccer fan, however, it will appear tailor-made for you, with all Champions League matches (via the TNT and TUDN family of channels), NBC and NBCSN, 10 beIN SPORTS channels, FS1 and FS2. If you can’t watch a match live, FuboTV offers a three-day replay for each match and 30 hours of cloud DVR. (Check out the complete FuboTV channels list.)
FuboTV also has bilingual families in mind; each subscription comes with UniMás, Galavisión, NBC Universo, beIN SPORTS, Univision, and Fox Deportes. An extra $7.99 per month will bring you Latino Plus, which includes CNN en Español and TyC Sports among its offerings.
- Cost: $44.99 per month
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Hulu local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
Hulu with Live TV includes sports programming among its offerings, including ESPN and FS1, and as a subscriber to the service, you’ll get free access to Hulu’s sizable on-demand library. (Check out the full list of Hulu Live TV channels.)
3) Sling TV
- Sling TV pricing: $25-$40 per month (40% first month)
- Sling TV devices: Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV,Roku,Xbox One, Google Chromecast, Oculus Go, Microsoft Edge, and iOS and Android devices
- Sling TV local channels: NBC, Fox (check your local availability here)
Sling TV provides two base channel package options, each priced at $25 per month. Sling Orange includes three ESPN channels, while Sling Blue includes sports channels like NFL Network, NBCSN, and local channels. If you’re Team “Why Not Both,” Sling Orange + Blue combines the two for just $40 per month. Sports Extra: Sling Blue ($10 per month) also includes NFL RedZone.
Sling TV Latino is another Spanish-language package for $10 per month, including NBC Universo, History en Español, and—of import to soccer fans—four beIN SPORTS channels. (And choosing Sling TV Latino + Sling Orange for $30 per month gives you access to ESPN Deportes.) For more information, check out our guide to Sling TV channels and our Sling TV review.
For $10 extra per month, you can get NFL RedZone via the Sling Blue Sports Extra package.
How to use AirTV with Sling
AirTV solves one of Sling’s biggest problems: The inability to receive all of your local channels. By purchasing a basic AirTV for $79.99 or the AirTV Player for $119.99, you can merge those local channels into your Sling TV, (or on your mobile device if you have the basic AirTV). As the Daily Dot wrote in its AirTV review, “It’s practically magic.”
The basic AirTV is a dual-tuner streaming device, while the AirTV Player is basically an upgraded Chromecast that has Netflix preinstalled. You’ll still need to own an HD antenna because even though AirTV gets you access to your local channels, it doesn’t actually physically show them to you.
But AirTV—which has no monthly fee—serves to strengthen one of Sling’s biggest weaknesses compared to other live streaming services like Hulu with Live TV, YouTube TV, and PlayStation Vue. All those services have plenty of local channels. While select NFL and college football games (on Fox, FS1, and FS2) are no longer on Sling, you can still catch Fox games with AirTV.
Arizona State vs. Utah: What to watch for
The major key will be who controls the trenches, especially when Arizona State has the ball. This particular matchup will likely indicate the winner. Utah is allowing just 56 rushing yards per game, which is the second best in the country. The Sun Devils are averaging 143 rushing yards per contest. However, Edwards must also concoct a way to limit Huntley on third downs, which will be much easier said than done.
Like Edwards, the Sun Devils are fighters and opportunistic in taking advantage of turnovers. However, the steady Utes have more depth—with absolute brutes on the defensive line—which will be critical given neither team gives up the football with any regularity.
Holding the chalk line at home, Utah is a 13.5-point favorite, according to Odds Shark. If the Sun Devils do not locate a semblance of a run game, Utah will walk away to a comfortable victory.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Kahron Spearman is a music and film critic whose work can also regularly be regularly found in the Austin Chronicle.