- Pediatrician gets death threats after pro-vaccine TikTok video Monday 9:37 PM
- This Australia-themed dildo is raising money to fight the bushfires Monday 8:26 PM
- Influencers say they’ve received unwanted sexual solicitations worth thousands Monday 7:39 PM
- Pregnant woman masterfully trolls gender-obsessed relative Monday 3:05 PM
- HBO’s ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ returns from a 2-year break with brand new ways to make you cringe Monday 3:00 PM
- Far-right accused of impersonating antifa online to encourage violence at Richmond rally Monday 1:59 PM
- Second Amendment protesters defend gun rights with truly terrible signs Monday 12:52 PM
- David Lynch surprises fans by dropping Netflix short out of the blue Monday 12:29 PM
- Poop-focused parody of Kent State Gun Girl sparks conservative ire Monday 11:58 AM
- 6-year-old raises $250K for Australian bushfires by making clay koalas Monday 11:31 AM
- What you need to know about Clearview AI and its facial recognition app Monday 10:36 AM
- Apple TV+ gets its first SAG Award while Netflix and Amazon nab 2 each Monday 10:07 AM
- Facebook apologizes for translating Chinese president’s name to ‘Mr. Sh*thole’ Monday 9:45 AM
- New York Times endorses Klobarren for president Monday 8:45 AM
- 6 gift cards that make for the most thoughtful Valentine’s Day gift ideas Monday 8:16 AM
Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort was found guilty on eight counts of fraud on Tuesday. The trial came about from special counsel Robert Mueller‘s team as part of its probe into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election and related matters.
A judge declared a mistrial for 10 other counts against Manafort after jurors could not come to a consensus on a unanimous verdict. Five of the counts against the former Trump campaign chairman were related to tax fraud, NBC News reports. One count was for failing to declare a foreign bank account, and two counts were for bank fraud, according to CNBC.
BRK: Manafort GUILTY on 8 counts: 5 counts of felony tax fraud. One count of failing to declare foreign bank account, and two more counts of bank fraud. Mistrial declared on the other 10 counts. Trump and Manafort in 2016 >>> pic.twitter.com/1OmfX0SwWi— Christina Wilkie (@christinawilkie) August 21, 2018
Manfort convicted of:— justin jouvenal (@jjouvenal) August 21, 2018
1) Filing a false tax return in each of the years from 2010 through 2014.
2) Not filing a form to report a foreign bank account as required in 2012.
3) 2 instances of bank fraud on loans worth $4.4 M.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).