- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Saturday 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Saturday 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Saturday 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Saturday 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Saturday 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Saturday 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Saturday 8:00 AM
- Apple TV’s ‘Truth Be Told’ is a criminally dull drama Saturday 6:00 AM
- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
Weeks, months, or years ago, you blocked one of your Facebook friends. At this point, you don’t remember why—you just know that it’s high time you unblocked them.
In case you’ve forgotten, when you initially blocked that individual, you did two things. You prevented them from being able to see anything you post to your Timeline, for one. And secondly, you unfriended them.
How to unblock someone on Facebook
If you decide to unblock someone, they will be able to see your public Facebook posts again. However, they will not automatically be your friend again. You’ll have to send a friend request to do that.
To head into your settings and unblock them, tap the question mark icon at the upper right of your Facebook screen. From there, tap “Privacy Shortcuts,” then “How do I stop someone from bothering me?”
Then, select “View all blocked users.” Here, you’ll see a list of anyone who is currently blocked from viewing your profile posts. Tap “Unblock” next to the name of the person you want to unblock.
It’s really that simple. But be warned: If the person never realized that you blocked them to begin with, the sudden change might catch them by surprise.
- The 10 best Facebook Messenger hidden features
- How to check your Facebook messages without Messenger
- How to recover deleted messages on Facebook Messenger
If it’s really time for bygones to be bygones, it might be worth shooting them a Facebook message along with your friend request. Of course, that’s up to you, though. There’s no shame in blocking—or unblocking—someone on Facebook, in my opinion.
Need more help? Here’s how to lock down your Facebook privacy settings, see who unfriended you, and how to delete a Facebook page. We can also help you change your name on Facebook or disconnect Facebook from Instagram.
Christina Bonnington is a tech reporter who specializes in consumer gadgets, apps, and the trends shaping the technology industry. Her work has also appeared in Gizmodo, Wired, Refinery29, Slate, Bicycling, and Outside Magazine. She is based in the San Francisco Bay Area and has a background in electrical engineering.