- Tom Holland rescues fan getting squashed by autograph hounds Tuesday 7:14 PM
- What is incel ‘Chadfishing’? Tuesday 6:36 PM
- Facebook to give France data on users suspected of hate speech Tuesday 5:29 PM
- This 89-year-old man is stunned by all the technology around him—in 1930 Tuesday 5:21 PM
- Wayfair refuses to stop furnishing migrant detention centers Tuesday 4:48 PM
- Woah! How did Keanu Reeves get so small? Tuesday 4:37 PM
- The centrist argument against Sanders’ student loan plan is getting ripped apart Tuesday 4:08 PM
- Jonathan Frakes confirms that you’re right in yet another meme Tuesday 3:56 PM
- Meryl Streep, Ariana Grande set to star in Netflix’s ‘The Prom’ Tuesday 3:35 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ Season 3 goodies are here just in time Tuesday 3:01 PM
- Kim Kardashian’s shapewear line Kimono is already getting called out Tuesday 2:11 PM
- ‘Aggretsuko’ tones down the rage in season 2 Tuesday 1:13 PM
- TikTok is being used to call out predators Tuesday 12:41 PM
- Republican congressman wants to defund PBS over the gay rat wedding Tuesday 12:39 PM
- Elizabeth Warren calls for sweeping overhaul of U.S. elections Tuesday 11:47 AM
Alright, I’ll unblock you…as soon as I remember how…
Weeks, months, or years ago, you blocked one of your Facebook friends. At this point, you don’t remember why—you just know that it’s high time you unblocked them.
In case you’ve forgotten, when you initially blocked that individual, you did two things. You prevented them from being able to see anything you post to your Timeline, for one. And secondly, you unfriended them.
How to unblock someone on Facebook
If you decide to unblock someone, they will be able to see your public Facebook posts again. However, they will not automatically be your friend again. You’ll have to send a friend request to do that.
To head into your settings and unblock them, tap the question mark icon at the upper right of your Facebook screen. From there, tap “Privacy Shortcuts,” then “How do I stop someone from bothering me?”
Then, select “View all blocked users.” Here, you’ll see a list of anyone who is currently blocked from viewing your profile posts. Tap “Unblock” next to the name of the person you want to unblock.
It’s really that simple. But be warned: If the person never realized that you blocked them to begin with, the sudden change might catch them by surprise.
- The 10 best Facebook Messenger hidden features
- How to check your Facebook messages without Messenger
- How to recover deleted messages on Facebook Messenger
If it’s really time for bygones to be bygones, it might be worth shooting them a Facebook message along with your friend request. Of course, that’s up to you, though. There’s no shame in blocking—or unblocking—someone on Facebook, in my opinion.
Need more help? Here’s how to lock down your Facebook privacy settings, see who unfriended you, and how to delete a Facebook page. We can also help you change your name on Facebook or disconnect Facebook from Instagram.
Christina Bonnington is a tech reporter who specializes in consumer gadgets, apps, and the trends shaping the technology industry. Her work has also appeared in Gizmodo, Wired, Refinery29, Slate, Bicycling, and Outside Magazine. She is based in the San Francisco Bay Area and has a background in electrical engineering.