- How to stream Browns vs. Jets on Monday Night Football 2 Years Ago
- What are anons? Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Falcons on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 4 Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
- New restaurant in New York has a seriously unfortunate name: ‘Qanoon’ Saturday 1:38 PM
- These are the 10 best ‘Star Wars’ ships Saturday 12:41 PM
- Google Maps helped solve a decades-old missing persons case Saturday 12:27 PM
- Teen who plotted deadly swatting prank over Call of Duty argument gets prison time Saturday 11:58 AM
- RIP to the real star of ‘Stranger Things’: Steve Harrington’s mullet Saturday 11:04 AM
- People are sharing their wholesome stories with #Hey19YearOldMe Saturday 9:20 AM
- Review: The Joule is a pricey, sleek, easy-to-use entry into sous vide Saturday 8:00 AM
Weeks, months, or years ago, you blocked one of your Facebook friends. At this point, you don’t remember why—you just know that it’s high time you unblocked them.
In case you’ve forgotten, when you initially blocked that individual, you did two things. You prevented them from being able to see anything you post to your Timeline, for one. And secondly, you unfriended them.
How to unblock someone on Facebook
If you decide to unblock someone, they will be able to see your public Facebook posts again. However, they will not automatically be your friend again. You’ll have to send a friend request to do that.
To head into your settings and unblock them, tap the question mark icon at the upper right of your Facebook screen. From there, tap “Privacy Shortcuts,” then “How do I stop someone from bothering me?”
Then, select “View all blocked users.” Here, you’ll see a list of anyone who is currently blocked from viewing your profile posts. Tap “Unblock” next to the name of the person you want to unblock.
It’s really that simple. But be warned: If the person never realized that you blocked them to begin with, the sudden change might catch them by surprise.
- The 10 best Facebook Messenger hidden features
- How to check your Facebook messages without Messenger
- How to recover deleted messages on Facebook Messenger
If it’s really time for bygones to be bygones, it might be worth shooting them a Facebook message along with your friend request. Of course, that’s up to you, though. There’s no shame in blocking—or unblocking—someone on Facebook, in my opinion.
Need more help? Here’s how to lock down your Facebook privacy settings, see who unfriended you, and how to delete a Facebook page. We can also help you change your name on Facebook or disconnect Facebook from Instagram.
Christina Bonnington is a tech reporter who specializes in consumer gadgets, apps, and the trends shaping the technology industry. Her work has also appeared in Gizmodo, Wired, Refinery29, Slate, Bicycling, and Outside Magazine. She is based in the San Francisco Bay Area and has a background in electrical engineering.