- Right-wing conspiracy theorists see coronavirus as a plot against Trump 2 Years Ago
- Chapo Trap House among leftist channels banned on Twitch for streaming Democratic debate Today 4:20 PM
- Meet Ryker, the world’s worst service dog Today 4:01 PM
- Far-right blogger claims Trump ordered arrest of Julian Assange Today 3:47 PM
- Reddit man wants to tell people he’s been with his girlfriend for one year instead of 6—for an incredibly dumb reason Today 2:18 PM
- John C. Reilly’s son Leo is a TikTok star Today 1:58 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: A friendship sails Today 1:52 PM
- For celebs, Kobe Bryant tattoos are all the rage Today 1:01 PM
- The internet has discovered Jim and Pam Halpert’s daughter—and she’s on TikTok Today 12:32 PM
- YouPorn launches adult-themed TikTok knock-off (updated) Today 12:29 PM
- Clearview AI client list reportedly stolen Today 11:56 AM
- Billie Eilish’s brother Finneas walks back on tone-deaf advice to young creatives Today 11:26 AM
- ‘Caronavirus’ trends after Trump misspells coronavirus Today 11:20 AM
- Conservative writer claims rape victims, trans people are most privileged Today 10:45 AM
- Colin Trevorrow reveals the title of the 3rd ‘Jurassic World’ movie Today 10:28 AM
If you recently threw down $1,000 for the iPhone X, then you’ve come to the realization that it’s unlike any Apple smartphone before it. Gone is the beloved home button and with it, all the gestures you’ve grown accustomed to over the years. You might night even know how to turn the iPhone X off.
So what should you do when you don’t need to use your device and want to save battery? Pressing the side button, like before, will idle the screen, but your iPhone X’s battery will continue to drain as it runs applications in the background. The only way is to turn the device off completely.
Unlike iPhones before it, turning off the iPhone X requires a bit of know-how. Here’s a guide on how to turn off the iPhone X so you can stop accidentally waking Siri.
How to turn off iPhone X
1. Press and hold the side button and either volume button (up or down). Don’t be deterred if it doesn’t turn off immediately. You’ll need to hold down both buttons for about 1.5 seconds. Also, avoid a short press, which could trigger a screengrab.
2. Swipe the “slide to power off” slider to the right. Note: To turn the iPhone X back on, you only need to hold the side button, not the volume rocker.
- Is the Apple Upgrade Program really worth it?
- How to customize Control Center in iOS 11 to your liking
- The simple trick to using screen recording in iOS 11
That’s it! Super simple once you’ve got it remember. Now you can turn off your iPhone X when you don’t need it and extend the life of its battery so Apple doesn’t slow it down with a software update.
Phillip Tracy is a former technology staff writer at the Daily Dot. He's an expert on smartphones, social media trends, and gadgets. He previously reported on IoT and telecom for RCR Wireless News and contributed to NewBay Media magazine. He now writes for Laptop magazine.