- Kamala Harris calls on House to begin impeachment proceeding against Trump 1 Year Ago
- Twitch kills ‘Joy of Sex’ category—and gamers are furious 1 Year Ago
- Netflix’s ‘Music Teacher’ is another lifeless melodrama about an emotionally illiterate man Today 6:45 AM
- 3 things we saw at the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ premiere Today 6:30 AM
- How to use Google Home Hub as a digital photo frame Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Netflix on Apple devices without AirPlay support Today 5:00 AM
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate player’s trans flag removed for being ‘political’ Monday 7:37 PM
- Does Donald Trump Jr. know what American soldiers do? Monday 7:17 PM
- Sophie Turner has a hot take on Arya’s ‘Game of Thrones’ sex scene Monday 6:50 PM
- Parked Tesla Model S bursts into flames in shocking video Monday 3:12 PM
- Fortnite is getting an Avengers Endgame event Monday 2:44 PM
- The living are facing the end of the world in the latest ‘Game of Thrones’ Monday 2:37 PM
- The best Korean beauty toners for your skincare routine Monday 2:33 PM
- Warren’s plan to cancel student debt stimulates the bad-take economy Monday 2:27 PM
- Video shows Easter Bunny punching man on sidewalk Monday 2:09 PM
Stop waking Siri.
If you recently threw down $1,000 for the iPhone X, then you’ve come to the realization that it’s unlike any Apple smartphone before it. Gone is the beloved home button and with it, all the gestures you’ve grown accustomed to over the years. You might night even know how to turn the iPhone X off.
So what should you do when you don’t need to use your device and want to save battery? Pressing the side button, like before, will idle the screen, but your iPhone X’s battery will continue to drain as it runs applications in the background. The only way is to turn the device off completely.
Unlike iPhones before it, turning off the iPhone X requires a bit of know-how. Here’s a guide on how to turn off the iPhone X so you can stop accidentally waking Siri.
How to turn off iPhone X
1. Press and hold the side button and either volume button (up or down). Don’t be deterred if it doesn’t turn off immediately. You’ll need to hold down both buttons for about 1.5 seconds. Also, avoid a short press, which could trigger a screengrab.
2. Swipe the “slide to power off” slider to the right. Note: To turn the iPhone X back on, you only need to hold the side button, not the volume rocker.
- Is the Apple Upgrade Program really worth it?
- How to customize Control Center in iOS 11 to your liking
- The simple trick to using screen recording in iOS 11
That’s it! Super simple once you’ve got it remember. Now you can turn off your iPhone X when you don’t need it and extend the life of its battery so Apple doesn’t slow it down with a software update.
Phillip Tracy is a former technology staff writer at the Daily Dot. He's an expert on smartphones, social media trends, and gadgets. He previously reported on IoT and telecom for RCR Wireless News and contributed to NewBay Media magazine. He now writes for Laptop magazine.