- Twitter begins rolling out new desktop redesign, and users aren’t happy 5 Months Ago
- Man asks his girlfriend to ‘unlove’ her ex—and people do not agree with him 5 Months Ago
- Relive a forgotten gem with the TurboGrafx-16 Mini console 5 Months Ago
- Judge says Daily Stormer founder must pay $14 million for harassing Jewish realtor 5 Months Ago
- Graphic depiction of suicide cut from Netflix’s ’13 Reasons Why’ Today 12:55 PM
- Streaming titles seize 2019 Emmy nominations Today 12:19 PM
- ‘Frankenstein’s Monster’s Monster, Frankenstein’ tries to find humor in bad actors Today 12:02 PM
- Democratic senator calls Facebook ‘dangerous’ during Libra cryptocurrency hearing Today 11:57 AM
- How ‘Kyle’ became synonymous with angry, Monster Energy-chugging white boys Today 11:22 AM
- Nearly impossible ‘Super Mario Maker 2’ level inspires memes Today 11:16 AM
- Madonna faces backlash for posting photos of her Black daughters with watermelon Today 10:44 AM
- Biden wants to challenge Trump to a push-up contest Today 10:00 AM
- Trump continues to tweet as House gears up to condemn his racist tweets Today 9:21 AM
- Your therapist probably wouldn’t approve of this meme Today 9:06 AM
- Batman Talisman finally lets the villains rule Gotham City Today 8:22 AM
‘The Haunting of Hill House’ heads to ‘Bly Manor’ for next installment
The Haunting of Hill House, Netflix’s modern retelling of Shirley Jackson’s gothic horror novel, is getting another chapter. But the second season of the Mike Flanagan-helmed show won’t take place at Hill House or focus on the Crain family.
The second installment of the horror series will be titled The Haunting of Bly Manor, inspired in part by Henry James’s novella The Turn of the Screw, and will tell a new story. The series also marks a multi-year TV production deal for Flanagan and partner Trevor Macy at Netflix.
Here’s what we know so far about the Hauntin of Bly Manor.
The Haunting of Bly Manor cast
The cast has not been announced yet, but the second season will feature different characters than season 1. However, season 1 cast members might show up at Bly Manor in different roles. Flanagan has previously worked with Carla Gugino, Henry Thomas, Elizabeth Reaser, and Kate Siegel on other projects.
The Haunting of Bly Manor plot
The plot for season 2 has not been revealed yet, but it is inspired by Henry James’s 1898 novella The Turn of the Screw and its setting, an English country house called Bly. In the novella, a governess is tasked with caring for two orphans, Flora and Miles, at Bly. She starts seeing ghosts and supernatural events, and she becomes increasingly convinced the children have something to do with it. The novel was turned into a 1961 film, The Innocents.
- The best new thrillers on Netflix in 2019
- ‘Sex Education’ renewed for season 2 at Netflix
- Untangling the wild ending of Netflix’s ‘Russian Doll’
The Haunting of Bly Manor release date
No release date has been set yet, but the show is expected in 2020. Netflix released a teaser on Feb. 21.
You guessed it. The HAUNTING OF BLY MANOR, a new chapter in the Haunting series based on the works of Henry James, is coming in 2020. pic.twitter.com/nvhRBEfH2E— The Haunting of Hill House (@haunting) February 21, 2019
The Haunting of Bly Manor trailer
A trailer has not been released yet.
Looking for something more specific? Here are our Netflix guides for the best war movies, documentaries, anime, indie flicks, true crime, food shows, rom-coms, LGBT movies, alien movies, gangster movies, Westerns, film noir, and movies based on true stories streaming right now. There are also sad movies guaranteed to make you cry, weird movies to melt your brain, old movies when you need something classic, and standup specials when you really need to laugh.
Editor’s note: This article is regularly updated for relevance.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.