- How to watch ‘Kidding’ for free 3 Months Ago
- What’s the deal with Bran Stark at the end of ‘Game of Thrones’? Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch TruTV online for free Today 6:00 AM
- Fans call out Madonna for edited Eurovision video Tuesday 9:36 PM
- Partnered Twitch streamer temporarily banned for airing troll’s racist message Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Reddit theory says fans are wrong about who won ‘Game of Thrones’ Tuesday 6:52 PM
- Elon Musk hires ‘absolute unit’ sheep meme creator to be Tesla’s social media manager Tuesday 6:12 PM
- Jason Momoa stands by his Khaleesi after the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Tuesday 4:05 PM
- Airbnb, 23andMe partner for creepy heritage travel recommendations Tuesday 3:26 PM
- Rep. Katie Porter goes viral again for trouncing Ben Carson (updated) Tuesday 3:26 PM
- This deepfake takes Bill Hader’s Schwarzenegger impression to the next level Tuesday 2:58 PM
- Wanda Sykes rails against Trump and offers much-needed perspective in ‘Not Normal’ Tuesday 2:41 PM
- Man arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot YouTube employees Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Some House Dems are backing away from the Save the Internet Act Tuesday 1:40 PM
- Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine Tuesday 1:02 PM
‘The Haunting of Hill House’ heads to ‘Bly Manor’ for next installment
The Haunting of Hill House, Netflix’s modern retelling of Shirley Jackson’s gothic horror novel, is getting another chapter. But the second season of the Mike Flanagan-helmed show won’t take place at Hill House or focus on the Crain family.
The second installment of the horror series will be titled The Haunting of Bly Manor, inspired in part by Henry James’s novella The Turn of the Screw, and will tell a new story. The series also marks a multi-year TV production deal for Flanagan and partner Trevor Macy at Netflix.
Here’s what we know so far about the Hauntin of Bly Manor.
The Haunting of Bly Manor cast
The cast has not been announced yet, but the second season will feature different characters than season 1. However, season 1 cast members might show up at Bly Manor in different roles. Flanagan has previously worked with Carla Gugino, Henry Thomas, Elizabeth Reaser, and Kate Siegel on other projects.
The Haunting of Bly Manor plot
The plot for season 2 has not been revealed yet, but it is inspired by Henry James’s 1898 novella The Turn of the Screw and its setting, an English country house called Bly. In the novella, a governess is tasked with caring for two orphans, Flora and Miles, at Bly. She starts seeing ghosts and supernatural events, and she becomes increasingly convinced the children have something to do with it. The novel was turned into a 1961 film, The Innocents.
- The best new thrillers on Netflix in 2019
- ‘Sex Education’ renewed for season 2 at Netflix
- Untangling the wild ending of Netflix’s ‘Russian Doll’
The Haunting of Bly Manor release date
No release date has been set yet, but the show is expected in 2020. Netflix released a teaser on Feb. 21.
You guessed it. The HAUNTING OF BLY MANOR, a new chapter in the Haunting series based on the works of Henry James, is coming in 2020. pic.twitter.com/nvhRBEfH2E
— The Haunting of Hill House (@haunting) February 21, 2019
The Haunting of Bly Manor trailer
A trailer has not been released yet.
Looking for something more specific? Here are our Netflix guides for the best war movies, documentaries, anime, indie flicks, true crime, food shows, rom-coms, LGBT movies, alien movies, gangster movies, Westerns, film noir, and movies based on true stories streaming right now. There are also sad movies guaranteed to make you cry, weird movies to melt your brain, old movies when you need something classic, and standup specials when you really need to laugh.
Editor’s note: This article is regularly updated for relevance.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.