- Robert Downey Jr. says ‘Endgame’ finale is ‘best 8 minutes’ of any MCU film Today 4:42 PM
- Elizabeth Warren calls on Congress to impeach Trump Today 3:43 PM
- BlackBerry Messenger is still a thing—but not for much longer Today 2:56 PM
- Matt Gaetz hires speechwriter fired by White House for attending white nationalist event Today 1:33 PM
- Here’s why Elon Musk is a sheep on Twitter Today 12:14 PM
- Trump is already running Facebook ads on the Mueller report Today 12:07 PM
- 20 thoughtful gifts grads actually want Today 12:00 PM
- 7 of the best psychological thriller movies on Shudder Today 11:44 AM
- Seth Abramson’s epic Mueller thread finally comes to a conclusion Today 11:40 AM
- Netflix is testing out a random play feature Today 11:28 AM
- Teen star Danielle Cohn faked pregnancy for YouTube prank Today 10:55 AM
- How to watch ‘A Discovery of Witches’ for free Today 10:42 AM
- Rev up your own family rivalries with these ‘Game of Thrones’ board games Today 10:29 AM
- Mueller’s ‘harm to ongoing matter’ is the best way to stay silent about your life Today 10:21 AM
- 10 Korean skincare brands that are worth your money Today 10:00 AM
Apex is getting an adrenaline junkie.
Apex Legends is a really, really good game. So good in fact that the only bad thing I can say about it (aside from the dire need for a report player option) is that I wish there were more characters to choose from. Thankfully, we may not have to wait long. With Apex Legends season 1 looming on the horizon, we’ve got news about one, maybe two new characters hitting the roster. Here’s everything we know about Octane, Apex Legends’ newest possible character.
Apex Legends: Who is Octane?
Octane is one of two new Apex Legends characters, who was previously leaked by data miners scouring through the game’s PC files. Since that initial leak, some more information has dropped about him, although none of it has been confirmed by developer Respawn Entertainment, so take it with a grain of salt.
Keeping in line with Apex’s theme of an ongoing high-stakes “sports” tournament, Octane is clearly an adrenaline junkie, if the leaked images of him are to be believed. With a mask that makes him look like a Mad Max: Fury Road extra and some robotic legs that indicate either a history of injuries or self-mutilation. We don’t really know any official backstory for Octane, but thus far Respawn has been pretty good at giving each Legend a relatively compelling history.
- How to improve your FPS in Apex Legends
- How to get the first Apex Legends Twitch Prime pack for free
- Apex Legends: How to report a player for harassment, cheating
Apex Legends: What are Octane’s abilities?
Thanks to a leak from Instagram user @childz_pl4y, we’ve seen a possible (though unconfirmed) list of Octane’s special abilities he can use in combat.
Passive Ability: Swift Mend, which heals Octane slowly over time so long as he isn’t taking damage.
Tactical Ability: Adrenaline Junkie, which lets Octane move 30 percent faster for six seconds and takes away 10 percent of his health, but makes him immune to slowing effects like poison or grenades.
Ultimate: Launch Pad, which does exactly what it sounds like. You and other players can use the pad to leap high through the air. This one should feel a lot like Pathfinder’s zip line, but perhaps with a bit more flair.
What else do we know about Octane?
It looks like Octane’s callouts and icon have been discovered among the game’s files, according to @ApexLeaksNews.
- How to get Apex Coins, Tokens, and Crafting Materials in Apex Legends
- How to keep Apex Legends from crashing
- How to win in Apex Legends
When does Octane release in Apex Legends?
According to @ApexLeaksNews, Octane will release alongside a new weapon (the L-STAR LMG) at the start of season 1 sometime in March. ApexLeaksNews says they’ll actually come as a bundle, which indicates that you’ll most likely have to pay for Octane the same way you did for Mirage and Caustic, or play an extraordinary amount of Apex Legends to unlock enough Legends Points.
Stay tuned for more information on Apex Legends season 1 and how Octane will fit into the mix.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.