- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods 8 Months Ago
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 8 Months Ago
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing 8 Months Ago
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 8 Months Ago
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Today 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Today 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Today 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Today 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Today 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Sevilla Friday 6:35 PM
- How to stream Peter ‘Kid Chocolate’ Quillin vs. Alfredo Angulo Friday 5:16 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Granada Friday 4:50 PM
Apex Legends, the new battle royale shooter from the team behind Titanfall, has taken players by storm. Here’s hoping it sticks the landing. In the meantime, players are looking for ways to deck out their favorite Legends and weapons with new cosmetics. You’ll need at least one of three currencies to acquire them, including Apex Coins, Legend Tokens, and Crafting Metal. Here’s how to get them.
Apex Legends: Apex Packs
The cheapest way to earn materials or skins is through Apex Packs. You’ll earn these by leveling up, which you do by just doing well in each match and accruing experience points. Respawn has thankfully (and ethically!) released information on what your odds are of receiving a rare, epic, or legendary item in one Apex Pack:
- Rare or better: 100%
- Epic or better: 24.8%
- Legendary or better: 7.4%
Respawn has also set things so Apex Packs won’t give you duplicates, and every 30 packs will guarantee you at least one legendary item.
Apex Coins: Yellow Currency
The easiest way to get Apex Legends cosmetics or Legends characters, but your wallet can quickly feel the crunch, so be careful. You can purchase Apex Coins from the in-game store page. Here’s how it’s organized:
- 1,000 coins – $9.99
- 2,150 coins – $19.99
- 4,350 coins – $39.99
- 6,700 coins – $59.99
- 11,500 coins – $99.99
Like a lot of other free-to-play games that rely on in-game transactions to make revenue, the higher up you go, the better the deal.
Apex Legends Tokens: Red Currency
Legends tokens are used to unlock the (currently) two additional Legends characters. You’ll need 12,000 tokens to unlock one. You earn tokens by just playing more and earning some every time you level up. Within your first five levels or so, you should probably have earned about 1,000, depending on your luck.
Apex Legends Crafting Metals: Blue Currency
Crafting metals are used to buy weapon skins. You earn crafting materials just through Apex Packs that you earn by leveling up. Here’s how the skins are priced:
- Common skins: 30 crafting metals
- Rare skins: 60 crafting metals
- Epic skins: 400 crafting metals
- Legendary skins: 1,200 crafting metals
Check out our tips for how to win in Apex Legends, too, which will help you earn more Apex Coins more quickly.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.