- Report finds some users can’t opt out of Facebook’s face recognition Monday 7:27 PM
- Get emotional over this real-life pastor baptizing an anime girl in virtual reality Monday 6:53 PM
- Twitter wants to know what Jack in the Box did to offend Kim Kardashian Monday 6:38 PM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ meme claims King’s Landing is an ‘inside job’ Monday 6:06 PM
- Report: Personal data of 49 million Instagram influencers exposed online Monday 4:57 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 trailer teases a wet, hot American summer Monday 4:02 PM
- What Daenerys’ biggest ‘Game of Thrones’ scenes have in common with Nazi propaganda Monday 3:12 PM
- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in June Monday 2:11 PM
- Where did Jon Snow go? Unpacking the ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 2:04 PM
- So, did anyone actually win ‘Game of Thrones’? Monday 1:29 PM
- The surprising religious subtext of ‘John Wick: Chapter 3’ Monday 12:53 PM
- Robin Arryn got hot—and the internet is seriously shook Monday 12:40 PM
- Tana Mongeau is going to VidCon a year after TanaCon disaster Monday 12:12 PM
- What have 2020 Democrats said about Alabama’s abortion ban? Monday 11:36 AM
- People keep throwing milkshakes at the U.K.’s far-right politicians Monday 11:10 AM
Here’s how to get all the cosmetics your battle royale-loving heart can handle.
Apex Legends, the new battle royale shooter from the team behind Titanfall, has taken players by storm. Here’s hoping it sticks the landing. In the meantime, players are looking for ways to deck out their favorite Legends and weapons with new cosmetics. You’ll need at least one of three currencies to acquire them, including Apex Coins, Legend Tokens, and Crafting Metal. Here’s how to get them.
Apex Legends: Apex Packs
The cheapest way to earn materials or skins is through Apex Packs. You’ll earn these by leveling up, which you do by just doing well in each match and accruing experience points. Respawn has thankfully (and ethically!) released information on what your odds are of receiving a rare, epic, or legendary item in one Apex Pack:
- Rare or better: 100%
- Epic or better: 24.8%
- Legendary or better: 7.4%
Respawn has also set things so Apex Packs won’t give you duplicates, and every 30 packs will guarantee you at least one legendary item.
Apex Coins: Yellow Currency
The easiest way to get Apex Legends cosmetics or Legends characters, but your wallet can quickly feel the crunch, so be careful. You can purchase Apex Coins from the in-game store page. Here’s how it’s organized:
- 1,000 coins – $9.99
- 2,150 coins – $19.99
- 4,350 coins – $39.99
- 6,700 coins – $59.99
- 11,500 coins – $99.99
Like a lot of other free-to-play games that rely on in-game transactions to make revenue, the higher up you go, the better the deal.
Apex Legends Tokens: Red Currency
Legends tokens are used to unlock the (currently) two additional Legends characters. You’ll need 12,000 tokens to unlock one. You earn tokens by just playing more and earning some every time you level up. Within your first five levels or so, you should probably have earned about 1,000, depending on your luck.
Apex Legends Crafting Metals: Blue Currency
Crafting metals are used to buy weapon skins. You earn crafting materials just through Apex Packs that you earn by leveling up. Here’s how the skins are priced:
- Common skins: 30 crafting metals
- Rare skins: 60 crafting metals
- Epic skins: 400 crafting metals
- Legendary skins: 1,200 crafting metals
Check out our tips for how to win in Apex Legends, too, which will help you earn more Apex Coins more quickly.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.