- Fortnite streamer Tfue sues gaming organization FaZe Clan over contract dispute Today 12:28 AM
- Report finds some users can’t opt out of Facebook’s face recognition Monday 7:27 PM
- Get emotional over this real-life pastor baptizing an anime girl in virtual reality Monday 6:53 PM
- Twitter wants to know what Jack in the Box did to offend Kim Kardashian Monday 6:38 PM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ meme claims King’s Landing is an ‘inside job’ Monday 6:06 PM
- Report: Personal data of 49 million Instagram influencers exposed online Monday 4:57 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 trailer teases a wet, hot American summer Monday 4:02 PM
- What Daenerys’ biggest ‘Game of Thrones’ scenes have in common with Nazi propaganda Monday 3:12 PM
- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in June Monday 2:11 PM
- Where did Jon Snow go? Unpacking the ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 2:04 PM
- So, did anyone actually win ‘Game of Thrones’? Monday 1:29 PM
- The surprising religious subtext of ‘John Wick: Chapter 3’ Monday 12:53 PM
- Robin Arryn got hot—and the internet is seriously shook Monday 12:40 PM
- Tana Mongeau is going to VidCon a year after TanaCon disaster Monday 12:12 PM
- What have 2020 Democrats said about Alabama’s abortion ban? Monday 11:36 AM
Electric and ability boost powers?
Apex Legends characters are already a pretty impressive lot. Between the diverse identities and unique abilities (I hate you so much, Mirage), the surging game offers a great list of options to pick from. According to some Apex Legends data miners, it looks like that list will soon be growing, and there are some hints as to what the characters bring to the battlefield. Here’s everything we know about the Apex Legends character leaks.
Apex Legends character leaks
Data miner “shrugtal” found files that appear to name two upcoming characters: “Octane” and “Wattson.”
Scraping strings off the audio files reveals audio for two new legends, and their abilities, Wattson has a Tesla Trap and Octane has a Stimpack. #ApexLegends #Leaks (btw all legends have a wallrun entry, nothing big there) pic.twitter.com/w0aj9MXALX
— Shrugtal (@shrugtal) February 15, 2019
It appears the Octane character will have a stimpack ability, although I’m not sure if this means health recharge, shield recharge, or some combination of the two. Lifeline already fills the function of a healer, so this could perhaps be a timed abilities boost.
- How to win in Apex Legends
- How to get Apex Coins, Tokens, and Crafting Materials in Apex Legends
- How to keep Apex Legends from crashing
- How to improve your FPS in Apex Legends
Wattson, true to the name, features some sort of Tesla trap. Apex Legends has been big on area-of-effect abilities like Bangalore’s mortar, Gibraltar’s faster mortar, and Caustic’s poison cloud.
Leakers have also found the names of other supposed characters, although there’s no way to confirm these as of yet.
There’s no word on release dates for any of these leaked characters or any sort of confirmation they will come out at all. Respawn Entertainment has said that “March” is when we’ll see the game’s first proper Battle Pass, much like Fortnite’s, which will allow players to compete for achievements and earn unique rewards, possibly including new characters.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.