- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play 1 Month Ago
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Today 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets canceled over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Today 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Today 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Today 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Today 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Today 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Today 9:29 AM
- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Today 6:00 AM
- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
Electric and ability boost powers?
Apex Legends characters are already a pretty impressive lot. Between the diverse identities and unique abilities (I hate you so much, Mirage), the surging game offers a great list of options to pick from. According to some Apex Legends data miners, it looks like that list will soon be growing, and there are some hints as to what the characters bring to the battlefield. Here’s everything we know about the Apex Legends character leaks.
Apex Legends character leaks
Data miner “shrugtal” found files that appear to name two upcoming characters: “Octane” and “Wattson.”
Scraping strings off the audio files reveals audio for two new legends, and their abilities, Wattson has a Tesla Trap and Octane has a Stimpack. #ApexLegends #Leaks (btw all legends have a wallrun entry, nothing big there) pic.twitter.com/w0aj9MXALX
— Shrugtal (@shrugtal) February 15, 2019
It appears the Octane character will have a stimpack ability, although I’m not sure if this means health recharge, shield recharge, or some combination of the two. Lifeline already fills the function of a healer, so this could perhaps be a timed abilities boost.
- How to win in Apex Legends
- How to get Apex Coins, Tokens, and Crafting Materials in Apex Legends
- How to keep Apex Legends from crashing
- How to improve your FPS in Apex Legends
Wattson, true to the name, features some sort of Tesla trap. Apex Legends has been big on area-of-effect abilities like Bangalore’s mortar, Gibraltar’s faster mortar, and Caustic’s poison cloud.
Leakers have also found the names of other supposed characters, although there’s no way to confirm these as of yet.
There’s no word on release dates for any of these leaked characters or any sort of confirmation they will come out at all. Respawn Entertainment has said that “March” is when we’ll see the game’s first proper Battle Pass, much like Fortnite’s, which will allow players to compete for achievements and earn unique rewards, possibly including new characters.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.