- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
- Why Britons are tweeting ‘Little England’ in wake of the U.K. election Friday 3:22 PM
- Net neutrality advocates ask for rehearing on federal court decision Friday 2:29 PM
- Americans are sharing their #PrivateHealthLIFEhacks to help Brits Friday 2:28 PM
- Warren, Sanders, Yang pledge to skip next week’s debate over union dispute Friday 2:12 PM
- How to watch tonight’s Nets vs. Raptors matchup on NBA TV Friday 2:00 PM
- Alt-right comedian Owen Benjamin banned from Instagram over anti-Semitic memes Friday 1:55 PM
- TikTok teens are procrastinating with #FinalsWeek Friday 1:46 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ takes on a prison break in episode 6 Friday 1:30 PM
- Nick Cannon vs. Eminem battle expected to escalate after ‘off-limits’ daughter diss Friday 12:50 PM
- Laura Loomer vehemently denies being author of new Laura Loomer-themed action novel Friday 12:30 PM
- PewDiePie’s poop-inspired game gets banned by Apple Friday 11:29 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ showrunners to adapt ‘Lovecraft’ graphic novel to screen Friday 11:00 AM
- The 50 memes that defined the decade Friday 10:45 AM
- Venmo users are getting harassed with fraudulent payment requests Friday 10:38 AM
Her portrayal has been a point of debate and discussion ever since the film was released last week. Still, fans clearly want to show that their love for Harley is stronger than ever. Last year she was the most Googled Halloween costume of 2015, and now she’s the most searched for female comic book character on fashion shopping website Polyvore.
Polyvore is a website that allows users to search and shop for products as well as create outfit sets. According to a spokeswoman, Harley Quinn began to gain popularity in Polyvore searches starting March 6. That popularity continued to increase and in July she passed other female comic book characters to become the most popular in terms of searches on the website. The other characters in the top five following Quinn are Wonder Woman, Black Widow, Catwoman, and Elektra. Quinn though is seemingly leaving these other familiar characters in the dust when it comes to searches. According to Polyvore data, she’s 243 percent more popular than Wonder Woman and 288 percent more popular than Black Widow. Before this hike, Quinn was also among the most popular Halloween costume searches on Polyvore.
There’s certainly a lot of options for fans searching for a Harley Quinn-inspired outfit. A search on Polyvore reveals outfits inspired by everything from her look in the new film to her classic outfit from Batman: The Animated Series to her video game appearances. Whether you want more of a cosplay or street-style look, there’s a lot to choose from. It will be interesting to see if Quinn can hang on to the top spot when buzz over the Suicide Squad movie dies down.
You can see a few examples of outfits inspired by Quinn below and more sets on Polyvore’s website.
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.