- Deadpool unmasked: Here’s everything you need to know about Marvel’s anti-hero 3 Years Ago
- Fantasy football 2019: Your team-by-team AFC preview 3 Years Ago
- Invader Zim is still delightfully weird in ‘Enter the Florpus’ 3 Years Ago
- ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ is getting a totally unnecessary re-release Today 6:43 AM
- People are demanding the man who filmed the killing of Eric Garner be freed with #FreeRamsey Monday 7:36 PM
- Billie Eilish’s ‘Bad Guy’ unseats ‘Old Town Road’ from the No. 1 spot Monday 6:11 PM
- People think Ghislaine Maxwell was Photoshopped in those In-N-Out photos Monday 5:41 PM
- People are transfixed by a TikTok cat dancing along to ‘Mr. Sandman’ Monday 4:52 PM
- Nazi troll pretending to be antifa in Portland gets outed by internet Monday 4:15 PM
- ‘Dear White People’ season 3 reflects the exhaustion of the times—for better or for worse Monday 3:59 PM
- ‘Seinfeld’ and ‘Friends’ fans feud over which sitcom is better Monday 3:57 PM
- Anti-abortion centers are getting around Google’s misinformation policy Monday 3:45 PM
- Twitter, Facebook remove Chinese accounts spreading Hong Kong misinformation Monday 3:41 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 offers no happy endings Monday 3:19 PM
- How to watch ‘The Righteous Gemstones’ online Monday 3:03 PM
Her portrayal has been a point of debate and discussion ever since the film was released last week. Still, fans clearly want to show that their love for Harley is stronger than ever. Last year she was the most Googled Halloween costume of 2015, and now she’s the most searched for female comic book character on fashion shopping website Polyvore.
Polyvore is a website that allows users to search and shop for products as well as create outfit sets. According to a spokeswoman, Harley Quinn began to gain popularity in Polyvore searches starting March 6. That popularity continued to increase and in July she passed other female comic book characters to become the most popular in terms of searches on the website. The other characters in the top five following Quinn are Wonder Woman, Black Widow, Catwoman, and Elektra. Quinn though is seemingly leaving these other familiar characters in the dust when it comes to searches. According to Polyvore data, she’s 243 percent more popular than Wonder Woman and 288 percent more popular than Black Widow. Before this hike, Quinn was also among the most popular Halloween costume searches on Polyvore.
There’s certainly a lot of options for fans searching for a Harley Quinn-inspired outfit. A search on Polyvore reveals outfits inspired by everything from her look in the new film to her classic outfit from Batman: The Animated Series to her video game appearances. Whether you want more of a cosplay or street-style look, there’s a lot to choose from. It will be interesting to see if Quinn can hang on to the top spot when buzz over the Suicide Squad movie dies down.
You can see a few examples of outfits inspired by Quinn below and more sets on Polyvore’s website.
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.