- Gynecologist explains why garlic shouldn’t go in vaginas Wednesday 7:08 PM
- People on Twitter are posting the 5 weirdest jobs they’ve had for this meme Wednesday 6:48 PM
- Mortal Kombat 11’s Jax ends slavery—and gamers are pissed Wednesday 5:46 PM
- GPS app gave hacker ability to remotely shut off car engines Wednesday 3:58 PM
- Scott Walker wore jeans for sexual assault awareness, and Twitter is reminding him of his misogynist past Wednesday 3:24 PM
- Hacked Lime scooters make sexual comments to riders Wednesday 3:03 PM
- ‘Bonding’ squanders its potential with weak jokes and limp structure Wednesday 2:49 PM
- The safest place for ‘Game of Thrones’ memes is in the crypts Wednesday 2:23 PM
- Report: Fortnite developer Epic Games is working employees into the ground Wednesday 1:57 PM
- Damian Lillard’s game-winning 3-pointer inspired a plethora of memes Wednesday 12:17 PM
- Gamers are blaming socialism for making the women in Mortal Kombat ‘ugly’ Wednesday 11:36 AM
- Nickelodeon is selling SpongeBob toys based on popular memes Wednesday 11:25 AM
- Alex Jones protests outside the White House by shouting the name of his website Wednesday 11:13 AM
- ‘I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson’ has an absurd conclusion for every scenario Wednesday 10:52 AM
- Twitch star TF Blade banned for racial slur—but he swears he didn’t say it Wednesday 10:43 AM
We’re gonna need another Lifeline.
Apex Legends is well underway, and that means plenty of patch notes to comb through detailing all the little gameplay changes we can expect. Usually, like in the case of the Wingman revolver, that means a damage nerf. Today, though, a new leak from the oft-vindicated @ApexLeaksNews on Twitter tells us that Apex Legends may be getting a rocket launcher weapon.
In what might be the tiniest dang screenshot I’ve ever witnessed, @ApexLeaksNews has determined that a certain file in Apex Legends shows that a rocket launcher may be coming to the game.
Under all the code names for all the different weapons in #ApexLegends..there is one weapon that is listed in 1/30 files..
The Rocket Launcher…coming soon?
Like + Retweet 💙🔄 pic.twitter.com/JR0FrHaGSq
— Apex Legends ~ Leaks & News (@ApexLeaksNews) March 10, 2019
Aside from new characters like Octane and Octane, a rocket launcher might actually be one of the most significant changes to Apex Legends since its release a little more than a month ago. For one, it might actually encourage more players to spread out and think in a more tactical fashion, since it seems Apex Legends solo-players are typically one of two breeds: clumping around the squad and getting in your face or running off into the distance only to be shot dead by the first squad they encounter.
- How to get Apex Coins, Tokens, and Crafting Materials in Apex Legends
- How to keep Apex Legends from crashing
- How to improve your FPS in Apex Legends
- Apex Legends: How to report a player for harassment, cheating
It’s also interesting because rocket launchers were a fairly common part of Respawn’s Titanfall multiplayer gameplay. In those games, however, rocket launchers were strictly an anti-Titan weapon, meant to lock on and dole out some damage to make the man vs. mech fight a little fairer. Considering Respawn has no intentions of ever letting Titans enter the Apex Legends battlefield, it’s highly likely that we’ll be getting either a much more straightforward point-and-explode rocket launcher or some new gimmick. Peep the video below if you want an idea of how those past rocket launchers worked.
There are no further details to suggest when or how Apex Legends will be getting rocket launchers, but you can check back later to find out when we know. While you’re waiting, make sure to consult our Apex Legends guides to the best characters, season 1 details, and everything we know about the most-leaked character Octane.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.