- Jacob Wohl returns to Twitter … for now 4 Months Ago
- How to stream WWE Raw Reunion Today 1:35 PM
- ‘I hope Trump deports you’: Woman goes on racist rant to Spanish speakers at a store Today 1:24 PM
- Emoji Mashup Bot gives life to unidentifiable emotions Today 1:15 PM
- Notorious grifter Anna Sorokin reportedly blocked from profiting off Netflix series Today 12:45 PM
- Charlottesville attacker’s Twitter account included praise for Hitler Today 12:10 PM
- ‘Short Treks’ trailer: Spock, Pike, and Number One return Today 11:57 AM
- Everything we know about ‘Star Trek: Lower Decks,’ the new animated show Today 11:55 AM
- Cole Carrigan says he left Team 10 after being called homophobic slur Today 11:32 AM
- Cop under investigation after implying Ocasio-Cortez should be shot Today 11:07 AM
- The ‘Big Little Lies’ finale sucked—but at least we have Renata Today 11:01 AM
- Wendy Davis announces she’s running for Congress Today 10:45 AM
- Please stop being horny on main for #IceBae and other horrible people Today 10:02 AM
- Illinois Republicans share ‘jihad squad’ meme of 4 Dem congresswomen Today 9:05 AM
- How a deepfake gets made Today 8:25 AM
We’re gonna need another Lifeline.
Apex Legends is well underway, and that means plenty of patch notes to comb through detailing all the little gameplay changes we can expect. Usually, like in the case of the Wingman revolver, that means a damage nerf. Today, though, a new leak from the oft-vindicated @ApexLeaksNews on Twitter tells us that Apex Legends may be getting a rocket launcher weapon.
In what might be the tiniest dang screenshot I’ve ever witnessed, @ApexLeaksNews has determined that a certain file in Apex Legends shows that a rocket launcher may be coming to the game.
Under all the code names for all the different weapons in #ApexLegends..there is one weapon that is listed in 1/30 files..— Apex Legends ~ Leaks & News (@ApexLeaksNews) March 10, 2019
The Rocket Launcher...coming soon?
Like + Retweet 💙🔄 pic.twitter.com/JR0FrHaGSq
Aside from new characters like Octane and Octane, a rocket launcher might actually be one of the most significant changes to Apex Legends since its release a little more than a month ago. For one, it might actually encourage more players to spread out and think in a more tactical fashion, since it seems Apex Legends solo-players are typically one of two breeds: clumping around the squad and getting in your face or running off into the distance only to be shot dead by the first squad they encounter.
- How to get Apex Coins, Tokens, and Crafting Materials in Apex Legends
- How to keep Apex Legends from crashing
- How to improve your FPS in Apex Legends
- Apex Legends: How to report a player for harassment, cheating
It’s also interesting because rocket launchers were a fairly common part of Respawn’s Titanfall multiplayer gameplay. In those games, however, rocket launchers were strictly an anti-Titan weapon, meant to lock on and dole out some damage to make the man vs. mech fight a little fairer. Considering Respawn has no intentions of ever letting Titans enter the Apex Legends battlefield, it’s highly likely that we’ll be getting either a much more straightforward point-and-explode rocket launcher or some new gimmick. Peep the video below if you want an idea of how those past rocket launchers worked.
There are no further details to suggest when or how Apex Legends will be getting rocket launchers, but you can check back later to find out when we know. While you’re waiting, make sure to consult our Apex Legends guides to the best characters, season 1 details, and everything we know about the most-leaked character Octane.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.