- Teacher caught on video in racist rant put on leave without pay Today 5:44 PM
- Pornhub pulls Girls Do Porn videos amid sex trafficking charges Today 4:49 PM
- Gina Rodriguez sings N-word on Instagram story Today 4:41 PM
- Trump Jr. mocked for Hunter Biden tweet about profiting from dad’s name Today 3:58 PM
- All the holiday movies and shows coming to Netflix in 2019 Today 3:48 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 7: The QB blues Today 3:29 PM
- Microsoft developing voice filters to block ‘toxic’ users on Xbox Live Today 3:27 PM
- Jennifer Aniston already has 2 million followers on Instagram Today 3:25 PM
- Why facials oils are a must for your winter skincare routine Today 3:20 PM
- Father of mega-popular Ace Family YouTube channel accused of rape Today 1:59 PM
- This Italian town ‘banned’ Google Maps after people kept getting lost Today 1:31 PM
- Fornite emerges from black hole with Chapter 2 Today 1:21 PM
- Everything Google announced at today’s Pixel event Today 1:12 PM
- Netflix sued over line about interrogation technique in ‘When They See Us’ Today 12:52 PM
- Twitch streamer says racist trolls got her banned for ‘suggestive’ outfit Today 12:47 PM
Miller, who has been intimately involved in crafting the administration’s roll out of a much-criticized policy of separating undocumented immigrants from their families, was accosted by a bartender recently while grabbing sushi.
The Washington Post reports that the Trump aide ordered $80 worth of takeout sushi from a restaurant near his apartment in Washington D.C.
After getting his sushi, the bartender followed him outside shouted “Stephen!” and flipped off the Trump aide. In response, Miller was “outraged” and threw his takeout sushi in the garbage.
The sushi-shaming isn’t the only outrage that has been directed toward Miller in his Washington D.C. neighborhood. Last month protesters who disagreed with the Trump administration’s immigration policy posted “Wanted” posters of the Trump aide around his apartment building.
However, the waste of $80 worth of sushi was mocked online.
going HAM on a $80 sack of sushi by yourself is a cry for help— Jason Linkins (@dceiver) July 9, 2018
$80 sounds like a lot of sushi.— Matthew Yglesias (@mattyglesias) July 9, 2018
Spoiled brat, Stephen Miller, threw away $80 of perfectly good sushi because someone flipped him the bird. pic.twitter.com/TjR1KDyryD— Eric Schmeltzer (@JustSchmeltzer) July 9, 2018
I can't get over that this is the same Stephen Miller who last year insulted a reporter as a "cosmopolitan."— James Poniewozik (@poniewozik) July 9, 2018
Yup, I'm just a regular salt-of-the-earth populist who eats humble $80 sushi dinners, except when someone makes me mad and I throw it in the garbage. https://t.co/8BZlROyT5E
Stephen Miller's $80 sushi order was one (1) California roll and $72 worth of soy sauce packets— Colin Diersing (@cdiersing) July 9, 2018
Until the end of my days I will treasure the mental image of Stephen Miller ugly-crying as he throws $80 worth of sushi into a dumpster.— Andy Karlson (@RevAndyKarlson) July 9, 2018
You can read all of the Washington Post‘s report here.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).