- Disabled people with service dogs say Uber, Lyft drivers are denying them rides 2 Years Ago
- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign 2 Years Ago
- Police handcuff brown man at subway station for carrying a toy gun Today 1:20 PM
- Fake clip of Sanders quoting infamous ‘hot chip’ tweet is duping people online Today 1:16 PM
- The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala alleges Scientologists behind dog’s death Today 12:46 PM
- Eminem responds to critics: ‘This album was not made for the squeamish’ Today 12:42 PM
- ‘The poet, the poem’ meme takes iconic lines and turns them into art Today 12:40 PM
- People are making dark memes about the coronavirus Today 12:27 PM
- Trump camp’s ‘head on a pike’ impeachment threat hit with memes Today 11:34 AM
- What is the #FreeBritney movement, and why is Cher tweeting about it? Today 10:52 AM
- This YouTuber claims the Saudi government plotted to kidnap him on U.S. soil Today 10:30 AM
- Report: Jack Dorsey declined to host a fundraiser for Tulsi Gabbard Today 10:22 AM
- Bernie Sanders plugs Joe Rogan endorsement—and women are furious Today 10:04 AM
- Young woman using TikTok to document the end of her life says she’s dying next week Today 8:43 AM
- London’s real-time facial recognition program a ‘breathtaking assault’ on civil rights Today 8:23 AM
During an interview with Stephen Miller on Sunday morning, CNN’s Jake Tapper told Donald Trump’s adviser that he was wasting his viewers’ time and abruptly ended the segment while Miller was still talking.
“There’s one viewer you care about right now,” Tapper said, referring to Trump. “You’re being obsequious. … I think I’ve wasted enough of my viewers’ time.”
"There's one viewer that you care about right now," Jake Tapper says to Stephen Miller as he cuts him off before his show goes to commercial pic.twitter.com/SigvYOG1xo— Eric Morrow (@morroweric) January 7, 2018
Tapper talked to Miller about Michael Wolff’s new book, Fire and Fury, and about former Trump strategist Steve Bannon’s role in the book. Miller called Bannon’s comments in the book “grotesque” and said the book “is best understood as a work of very poorly written fiction. I also will say that the author is a garbage author of a garbage book.”
Miller also called Trump a “political genius” multiple times. After Miller said again that Trump was a genius, Tapper said he was sure Trump was happy Miller had said that, leading Miller to rip Tapper and CNN. At one point, Tapper asked Miller to settle down, not unlike a parent asking his child to stop acting up in a crowded restaurant.
Tapper also asked about Trump’s tweets on Saturday about how he was a “very stable genius” and “like, really smart” and questioned Miller on whether those assertations were helpful to Trump’s cause.
Miller then ripped CNN again before saying what Trump tweeted was true. Miller said Tapper was “condescending,” and seconds later, Tapper said Miller wasn’t answering the questions and ended the interview.
Soon afterward, Trump weighed in on the segment.
Jake Tapper of Fake News CNN just got destroyed in his interview with Stephen Miller of the Trump Administration. Watch the hatred and unfairness of this CNN flunky!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 7, 2018
You can watch the entire interview here.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.