- Bella Thorne comes out as pansexual 2 Years Ago
- Macy’s pulls portion-control plates after social media uproar 2 Years Ago
- John Oliver confirms the internet’s suspicions about that ‘Lion King’ cast photo Today 2:14 PM
- Report: Fake Libra accounts rampant on Facebook, Instagram Today 2:10 PM
- Tennessee neighbors form human chain to help father and son escape ICE Today 1:57 PM
- Google settled two multi-million dollar lawsuits this week Today 1:26 PM
- How to live stream Guadalajara vs. Atletico Madrid Today 12:47 PM
- Forget Area 51—People are planning to storm the Bermuda Triangle Today 12:41 PM
- It’s too late to book a room for the Area 51 raid Today 12:28 PM
- Adam Sandler’s next Netflix film is a star-studded Halloween comedy Today 12:17 PM
- How to live stream Arsenal vs. Real Madrid Today 12:06 PM
- Netflix’s ‘7SEEDS’ is an abominable adaptation of the original manga Today 11:59 AM
- Alinity Divine hasn’t been punished for throwing her cat—and people are livid Today 10:16 AM
- Gamer Krucial B passes away during Defend the North tournament Today 9:25 AM
- Brexit supporter Boris Johnson becomes prime minister—spawning lots of memes Today 9:16 AM
Watch CNN’s Jake Tapper blast Trump adviser Stephen Miller for wasting viewers’ time
During an interview with Stephen Miller on Sunday morning, CNN’s Jake Tapper told Donald Trump’s adviser that he was wasting his viewers’ time and abruptly ended the segment while Miller was still talking.
“There’s one viewer you care about right now,” Tapper said, referring to Trump. “You’re being obsequious. … I think I’ve wasted enough of my viewers’ time.”
"There's one viewer that you care about right now," Jake Tapper says to Stephen Miller as he cuts him off before his show goes to commercial pic.twitter.com/SigvYOG1xo— Eric Morrow (@morroweric) January 7, 2018
Tapper talked to Miller about Michael Wolff’s new book, Fire and Fury, and about former Trump strategist Steve Bannon’s role in the book. Miller called Bannon’s comments in the book “grotesque” and said the book “is best understood as a work of very poorly written fiction. I also will say that the author is a garbage author of a garbage book.”
Miller also called Trump a “political genius” multiple times. After Miller said again that Trump was a genius, Tapper said he was sure Trump was happy Miller had said that, leading Miller to rip Tapper and CNN. At one point, Tapper asked Miller to settle down, not unlike a parent asking his child to stop acting up in a crowded restaurant.
Tapper also asked about Trump’s tweets on Saturday about how he was a “very stable genius” and “like, really smart” and questioned Miller on whether those assertations were helpful to Trump’s cause.
Miller then ripped CNN again before saying what Trump tweeted was true. Miller said Tapper was “condescending,” and seconds later, Tapper said Miller wasn’t answering the questions and ended the interview.
Soon afterward, Trump weighed in on the segment.
Jake Tapper of Fake News CNN just got destroyed in his interview with Stephen Miller of the Trump Administration. Watch the hatred and unfairness of this CNN flunky!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 7, 2018
You can watch the entire interview here.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.