- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Saturday 12:26 PM
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Saturday 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Saturday 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Saturday 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Saturday 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) is spearheading a letter that will be sent to the White House on Monday that calls for President Donald Trump to fire adviser Stephen Miller in the wake of emails of his being published, according to a new report.
In November, a cache of emails sent by Miller were published by the Southern Poverty Law Center’s Hatewatch. In them, Miller, among other things, shared a link from a white nationalist website. The emails have sparked a wave of criticism, and a number of people have called on him to leave his post at the White House.
HuffPost reports that the letter is also signed by 26 other Democratic senators. Harris, who dropped out of the 2020 Democratic primary race last week, is joined by a number of other high profile Democrats including: Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.), Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio), Sen. Edward Markey (D-Mass.), and others.
The letter calls Miller “unfit to serve in any capacity at the White House, let alone as a senior policy adviser,” and adds that white supremacy is “what is driving Mr. Miller,” according to the news outlet.
The senators, in the letter, demand that Trump fire Miller in the wake of the emails.
In late November, more than 100 members of the House of Representatives also signed a letter calling on Miller to be fired.
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) launched a petition for members of the public to sign that also calls for Miller’s resignation.
You can read all of HuffPost’s report here.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).