- The man who sold shares of himself on the internet 2 Months Ago
- The rise of the conservative ‘mancast’ in a world of changing masculinity Today 6:00 AM
- Amazon’s ‘Troop Zero’ gives the underdog movie a stylized re-do Today 4:20 AM
- No, the first words of Trump’s tweets don’t match up to lyrics of ‘Break My Stride’ Sunday 10:28 PM
- White woman demanding strangers ‘repent’ for Christ sparks conversation on mental illness and racism Sunday 9:27 PM
- Amtrak employee asked a NAACP lawyer to move from her train seat Sunday 7:54 PM
- Billie Eilish fans riot after being referred to as ‘Avocados’ Sunday 4:37 PM
- Beyhive coming for Sainsbury’s supermarket over Ivy Park shade Sunday 3:17 PM
- Antique store blasted for selling ‘white only’ signs Sunday 1:45 PM
- DaBaby explains altercation with hotel employee after video goes viral Sunday 12:32 PM
- Kanye faces backlash for headlining Christian event with anti-LGBTQ leaders Sunday 10:31 AM
- Why is Yennefer of Vengerberg so different in Netflix’s ‘The Witcher’? Sunday 10:00 AM
- Actress slammed for ‘acid attack-face’ TikTok challenge Sunday 9:46 AM
- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
2020 Democratic hopeful Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) said President Donald Trump “got punked” by North Korea when asked whether she would “make concessions” to keep talks between the country continuing.
Harris made the remarks during the fifth 2020 Democratic debate on Tuesday night.
“With all due deference to the fact that this is a presidential debate, Donald Trump got punked,” Harris said, receiving laughter from the crowd. “He has conducted foreign policy since day one born out of a very fragile ego that fails to understand that one of the most important responsibilities of the commander-in-chief is to concern herself with the security of our nation and homeland; and to do it in a way and understands that part of the strength of who we are as a nation–and therefore an extension of our ability to be secure–is not only that we have a vibrant military, but that when we walk in any room around the globe we are respected. Because we keep to our word, we are consistent, we speak truth, and we are loyal.”
The California senator continued:
“What Donald Trump has done–from pulling out of the Paris Agreement to pulling out of the Iran nuclear deal to consistently turning our back on people who have stood with us in difficult times, including most recently the Kurds–it points out that Donald Trump is the greatest threat to the national security of our nation at this moment.”
When asked whether she would make “concessions to North Korea,” Harris said:
“Not at this point. There are no concessions to be made. He has traded a photo-op for nothing.”
The “punked” remark got the attention of many people online.
Kamala just now: Donald Trump got punked! Gotta love her!— Jana Hayden (@janahayden48) November 21, 2019
"Donald Trump got punked" is a great line.#DemDebate— Thor Benson (@thor_benson) November 21, 2019
"Donald Trump got punked." Would love to see Kamala on the debate stage with Trump.— kyliebrant (@kyliebrant) November 21, 2019
Dam! Harris is on FIRE tonight--"Donald Trump got punked" Bahhahhahaaaahhhahahaha— toni bridge (@ToniDH64) November 21, 2019
DONALD TRUMP GOT PUNKED YOU SING ITTTT, QUEEN #DemDebate— Ally Maldonado (@_allymaldonado) November 21, 2019
Please let #TrumpGotPunked be the headline on Nov. 4, 2020.— Rick Reilly (@ReillyRick) November 21, 2019
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).