- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Today 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Today 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Today 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Today 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Today 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Today 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Today 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Love It or List It’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup online for free Today 6:55 AM
- Borderlands 3 preview suggests the aging series can still hang with the cool kids Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream the 2019 College World Series for free Today 6:00 AM
- Police try to solve domestic violence by giving victims blunt kitchen knives Friday 5:40 PM
- Privacy activist Ola Bini detained for 2 months in Ecuador without charges Friday 5:01 PM
- Twitter says suspending ‘God’ for a pro-LGBTQ tweet was an ‘error’ Friday 4:14 PM
Netflix’s sci-fi hit is finally coming back.
The OA debuted in December 2016 and quickly became one of Netflix‘s most buzzed-about shows. The sci-fi series, which stars Brit Marling as a woman named Prairie who mysteriously returns to her hometown after missing for seven years, debuted in the wake of Stranger Things fandom but distinguished itself by addressing broader themes of death, rebirth, and afterlife. It was also a divisive show, and the final episode left a lot of viewers furrowing their brows, hoping The OA season 2 would eventually clear things up.
More than two years later, The OA finally returns. According to a new trailer, The OA season 2 gets multi-dimensional, as Prairie jumps into another time and place.
Here’s everything we know about The OA season 2 so far.
The OA season 2 plot
In The OA: Part II, Prairie has managed to jump into an alternate reality, where she lives in a luxe apartment in San Francisco and partners up with a private investigator (Kingsley Ben-Adir) to find a missing woman involved in an online game. In this reality, Hap (Jason Isaacs) never experimented on Prairie, and she’s a Russian heiress. The OA co-creator Zal Batmanglij told Entertainment Weekly that they approached this season as “a noir” set in San Francisco’s “tech world.”
The OA season 2 cast
Marling returns, along with Jason Isaacs, Emory Cohen, and Phyllis Smith. The OA: Part II will also include some new big names, such as Riz Ahmed, Sheila Vand, Vincent Kartheiser, Irène Jacob, and Paz Vega.
The OA season 2 release date
The OA: Part II will be released on March 22.
The OA season 2 trailer
Looking for something more specific? Here are our Netflix guides for the best war movies, documentaries, anime, indie flicks, true crime, food shows, rom-coms, LGBT movies, alien movies, gangster movies, Westerns, film noir, and movies based on true stories streaming right now. There are also sad movies guaranteed to make you cry, weird movies to melt your brain, old movies when you need something classic, and standup specials when you really need to laugh. Or check out Flixable, a search engine for Netflix.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.