- People are demanding the man who filmed the killing of Eric Garner be freed with #FreeRamsey Monday 7:36 PM
- Billie Eilish’s ‘Bad Guy’ unseats ‘Old Town Road’ from the No. 1 spot Monday 6:11 PM
- People think Ghislaine Maxwell was Photoshopped in those In-N-Out photos Monday 5:41 PM
- People are transfixed by a TikTok cat dancing along to ‘Mr. Sandman’ Monday 4:52 PM
- Nazi troll pretending to be antifa in Portland gets outed by internet Monday 4:15 PM
- ‘Dear White People’ season 3 reflects the exhaustion of the times—for better or for worse Monday 3:59 PM
- ‘Seinfeld’ and ‘Friends’ fans feud over which sitcom is better Monday 3:57 PM
- Anti-abortion centers are getting around Google’s misinformation policy Monday 3:45 PM
- Twitter, Facebook remove Chinese accounts spreading Hong Kong misinformation Monday 3:41 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 offers no happy endings Monday 3:19 PM
- How to watch ‘The Righteous Gemstones’ online Monday 3:03 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 brings out the memes Monday 2:59 PM
- Rumor suggests the X-Men might battle the Avengers on-screen Monday 2:54 PM
- The CDC is investigating cases of severe lung damage linked to vaping Monday 2:08 PM
- How to stream the 49ers vs. Broncos on (preseason) Monday Night Football Monday 1:24 PM
The OA debuted in December 2016 and quickly became one of Netflix‘s most buzzed-about shows. The sci-fi series, which stars Brit Marling as a woman named Prairie who mysteriously returns to her hometown after missing for seven years, debuted in the wake of Stranger Things fandom but distinguished itself by addressing broader themes of death, rebirth, and afterlife. It was also a divisive show, and the final episode left a lot of viewers furrowing their brows, hoping The OA season 2 would eventually clear things up.
More than two years later, The OA finally returns. According to a new trailer, The OA season 2 gets multi-dimensional, as Prairie jumps into another time and place.
Here’s everything we know about The OA season 2 so far.
The OA season 2 plot
In The OA: Part II, Prairie has managed to jump into an alternate reality, where she lives in a luxe apartment in San Francisco and partners up with a private investigator (Kingsley Ben-Adir) to find a missing woman involved in an online game. In this reality, Hap (Jason Isaacs) never experimented on Prairie, and she’s a Russian heiress. The OA co-creator Zal Batmanglij told Entertainment Weekly that they approached this season as “a noir” set in San Francisco’s “tech world.”
The OA season 2 cast
Marling returns, along with Jason Isaacs, Emory Cohen, and Phyllis Smith. The OA: Part II will also include some new big names, such as Riz Ahmed, Sheila Vand, Vincent Kartheiser, Irène Jacob, and Paz Vega.
The OA season 2 release date
The OA: Part II will be released on March 22.
The OA season 2 trailer
Looking for something more specific? Here are our Netflix guides for the best war movies, documentaries, anime, indie flicks, true crime, food shows, rom-coms, LGBT movies, alien movies, gangster movies, Westerns, film noir, and movies based on true stories streaming right now. There are also sad movies guaranteed to make you cry, weird movies to melt your brain, old movies when you need something classic, and standup specials when you really need to laugh. Or check out Flixable, a search engine for Netflix.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.