- Netflix drama ‘Coisa Mais Linda’ explores Bossa Nova clubs and women’s rights in Brazil 4 Weeks Ago
- The best ‘Game of Thrones’ memes to get you pumped for season 8 4 Weeks Ago
- Amazon Echo Show (2nd Gen) vs Google Home Hub: Which is better? Today 7:00 AM
- Solange sings along to Ariana Grande on Instagram Stories—and fans are obsessed Today 6:37 AM
- How to stream the entire ’30 For 30′ series for free Today 6:30 AM
- Swipe This! My happiest Facebook Memories are making me miserable Today 6:30 AM
- Musketeers: Welcome to the global Elon Musk fan network Today 6:00 AM
- Lawsuit alleges YouTube’s unboxing videos are ‘abusive’ ads aimed at kids Sunday 3:48 PM
- Dr. Dre shades Lori Loughlin with Instagram flex about his daughter getting into USC Sunday 3:13 PM
- University of Georgia frat’s racist Snapchat video draws campus outrage Sunday 1:21 PM
- Facing criticism for eating fish, vegan YouTube star Rawvana speaks out Sunday 10:47 AM
- Arnold Schwarzenegger chases mini-pony in new TikTok video Sunday 9:19 AM
- Review: ‘Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice’ is a cut above the rest Sunday 8:00 AM
- Where do 2020 Democratic candidates stand on healthcare? Sunday 7:30 AM
- How to (legally) stream live TV on Kodi Sunday 7:00 AM
Netflix’s sci-fi hit is finally coming back.
The OA debuted in December 2016 and quickly became one of Netflix‘s most buzzed-about shows. The sci-fi series, which stars Brit Marling as a woman named Prairie who mysteriously returns to her hometown after missing for seven years, debuted in the wake of Stranger Things fandom but distinguished itself by addressing broader themes of death, rebirth, and afterlife. It was also a divisive show, and the final episode left a lot of viewers furrowing their brows, hoping The OA season 2 would eventually clear things up.
More than two years later, The OA finally returns. According to a new trailer, The OA season 2 gets multi-dimensional, as Prairie jumps into another time and place.
Here’s everything we know about The OA season 2 so far.
The OA season 2 plot
In The OA: Part II, Prairie has managed to jump into an alternate reality, where she lives in a luxe apartment in San Francisco and partners up with a private investigator (Kingsley Ben-Adir) to find a missing woman involved in an online game. In this reality, Hap (Jason Isaacs) never experimented on Prairie, and she’s a Russian heiress. The OA co-creator Zal Batmanglij told Entertainment Weekly that they approached this season as “a noir” set in San Francisco’s “tech world.”
The OA season 2 cast
Marling returns, along with Jason Isaacs, Emory Cohen, and Phyllis Smith. The OA: Part II will also include some new big names, such as Riz Ahmed, Sheila Vand, Vincent Kartheiser, Irène Jacob, and Paz Vega.
The OA season 2 release date
The OA: Part II will be released on March 22.
The OA season 2 trailer
Looking for something more specific? Here are our Netflix guides for the best war movies, documentaries, anime, indie flicks, true crime, food shows, rom-coms, LGBT movies, alien movies, gangster movies, Westerns, film noir, and movies based on true stories streaming right now. There are also sad movies guaranteed to make you cry, weird movies to melt your brain, old movies when you need something classic, and standup specials when you really need to laugh. Or check out Flixable, a search engine for Netflix.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.