- Devin Nunes is suing Twitter over parody accounts of his mom, cow Monday 8:15 PM
- The best new movies at SXSW 2019 Monday 7:55 PM
- #AbledsAreWeird demonstrates how not to treat people with disabilities Monday 7:33 PM
- YouTubers keep uploading racist meme anthem played by New Zealand shooter Monday 5:38 PM
- Myspace confirms that a decade-plus of user-uploaded music is gone Monday 5:03 PM
- ‘Love, Death & Robots’ suffers from blatant sexism Monday 4:38 PM
- Khloe Kardashian faces backlash for Instagram post saying to ‘love thy racist neighbor’ Monday 4:07 PM
- This Twitter user wants to expose white YouTubers for racist, transphobic content Monday 3:55 PM
- Trump retweeted a QAnon supporter during his Twitter bender Monday 1:24 PM
- Katrina Pierson supports Trump tweeting more about Fox than New Zealand shooting Monday 1:19 PM
- PewDiePie’s alt-right ties are impossible to ignore Monday 1:05 PM
- With this blade, I protect this meme Monday 12:48 PM
- Lead actress in ‘The Color Purple’ revival criticized for homophobic post Monday 12:39 PM
- ‘Arrested Development’ ends the same way it did the first time—unceremoniously Monday 12:10 PM
- Alleged gunman tried to rob YouTuber Adam22 during livestream Monday 11:32 AM
Netflix’s year-end data dump shows what people binged in 2018
We watched a lot of Netflix.
This year’s Netflix gems included Queer Eye, To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, another season of Orange Is the New Black, and countless other shows and movies. Netflix delivered the content, and we watched it. A lot of it. On Tuesday, the streaming service released its year-end list of the most-watched Netflix series, films, and stars.
Roxanne Roxanne, The Kissing Booth, and To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before were the most rewatched Netflix original movies in 2018. Nearly 50 percent of viewers rewatched the latter two movies, proving this was truly the year of the rom-com—and that everyone who said they watched To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before 10 times wasn’t kidding.
The top 10 most-watched Netflix original series showed that people are obsessed with true crime and ghosts. Per Netflix, here were the series with the highest average watch time:
- On My Block
- Making a Murderer: Part 2
- 13 Reasons Why: Season 2
- Last Chance U: INDY
- Fastest Car
- The Haunting of Hill House
- Anne with an E: Season 2
- Orange Is the New Black: Season 6
It’s hard to believe we were only blessed with Queer Eye this year, but it’s no surprise The Fab Five were among the 2018 Netflix stars who received the largest Instagram audience growth since January. Also included were the stars of To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, Lana Condor and Noah Centineo.
- The Fab Five (Queer Eye)
- Lana Condor (To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before)
- Joel Courtney (The Kissing Booth)
- Miguel Herrán (Elite / Money Heist)
- Jaime Lorente Lopez (Elite / Money Heist)
- Maria Pedraza (Elite / Money Heist)
- Noah Centineo (To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before / Sierra Burgess Is a Loser)
- Joey King (The Kissing Booth)
- Hannah Gadsby (Nanette)
- Kiernan Shipka (The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina)
With a Ben Affleck and Oscar Isaac heist movie and a Carmen Sandiego reboot already slated to premiere next year, 2019 is bound to be another year of binging. Here’s to many, many more hours of TV and movies.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.