- West Virginia corrections employees suspended after Nazi salute photo surfaces Thursday 8:02 PM
- Here are the 15 best Eddie Murphy movies available to stream Thursday 7:56 PM
- Ex-InfoWars video editor admits to making up Islamophobic stories Thursday 6:55 PM
- WhatsApp accounts deleted amid Kashmir internet blackout Thursday 6:21 PM
- Guy gets mocked for tattoo of Baby Yoda drinking White Claw Thursday 6:18 PM
- Spotify Wrapped has people asking just how much it knows about us Thursday 5:50 PM
- Instagram account allegedly asked for inappropriate photos of children Thursday 5:16 PM
- How to stream ‘Boys vs. Bears on Thursday Night Football Thursday 4:33 PM
- Woman caught her boyfriend cheating through his Fitbit Thursday 4:29 PM
- The Pete Buttigieg ‘High Hopes’ dance was designed by an intern Thursday 4:17 PM
- TikTok admits to hiding content made by fat, LGBTQ, and disabled users Thursday 3:58 PM
- ‘Merry Happy Whatever’ is an unoriginal sitcom with plenty of holiday cheer Thursday 3:55 PM
- The ‘Pod Save America’ Bros are losing it over Joe Biden’s newest ad Thursday 3:28 PM
- Van Halen had a wholesome response in defense of Billie Eilish Thursday 3:15 PM
- Influencer faces wrath of K-pop fans after her son played with penis-shaped soap Thursday 1:27 PM
This year’s Netflix gems included Queer Eye, To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, another season of Orange Is the New Black, and countless other shows and movies. Netflix delivered the content, and we watched it. A lot of it. On Tuesday, the streaming service released its year-end list of the most-watched Netflix series, films, and stars.
Roxanne Roxanne, The Kissing Booth, and To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before were the most rewatched Netflix original movies in 2018. Nearly 50 percent of viewers rewatched the latter two movies, proving this was truly the year of the rom-com—and that everyone who said they watched To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before 10 times wasn’t kidding.
The top 10 most-watched Netflix original series showed that people are obsessed with true crime and ghosts. Per Netflix, here were the series with the highest average watch time:
- On My Block
- Making a Murderer: Part 2
- 13 Reasons Why: Season 2
- Last Chance U: INDY
- Fastest Car
- The Haunting of Hill House
- Anne with an E: Season 2
- Orange Is the New Black: Season 6
It’s hard to believe we were only blessed with Queer Eye this year, but it’s no surprise The Fab Five were among the 2018 Netflix stars who received the largest Instagram audience growth since January. Also included were the stars of To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, Lana Condor and Noah Centineo.
- The Fab Five (Queer Eye)
- Lana Condor (To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before)
- Joel Courtney (The Kissing Booth)
- Miguel Herrán (Elite / Money Heist)
- Jaime Lorente Lopez (Elite / Money Heist)
- Maria Pedraza (Elite / Money Heist)
- Noah Centineo (To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before / Sierra Burgess Is a Loser)
- Joey King (The Kissing Booth)
- Hannah Gadsby (Nanette)
- Kiernan Shipka (The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina)
With a Ben Affleck and Oscar Isaac heist movie and a Carmen Sandiego reboot already slated to premiere next year, 2019 is bound to be another year of binging. Here’s to many, many more hours of TV and movies.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.