- Trump posts altered pics on social media to make fingers look longer, report 1 Month Ago
- Twitch user banned after telling woman to ‘kill yourself’ during stream 1 Month Ago
- Facebook introduces ‘Community Actions’ tool to petition the government Today 2:04 PM
- Sarah Sanders, NRA deliver truly misguided MLK tributes today Today 12:58 PM
- MAGA teen who confronted Native elder says he ‘respects all races’ Today 12:57 PM
- Popular YouTube channel in danger of disappearing because of copyright claims Today 12:24 PM
- The Krassensteins’ Reddit AMA gets trolled off the internet Today 12:08 PM
- No, Trump didn’t break open the Pizzagate scandal in 2011 Today 11:23 AM
- Producer of anti-abortion film says Facebook refuses to run his ads Today 10:58 AM
- Ja Rule thinks he was also a victim of Fyre Fest Today 10:21 AM
- YouTube beef between RiceGum and H3H3 gets ugly—and personal Today 10:02 AM
- ‘Fox & Friends’ accidentally airs obituary graphic for Ruth Bader Ginsburg Today 9:40 AM
- Ocasio-Cortez helps Donkey Kong Twitch streamer raise money for trans rights Today 8:09 AM
- ‘Soni’ is a smart crime drama with poignant observations on inequality Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Arrow’ online for free Today 7:00 AM
Netflix’s year-end data dump shows what people binged in 2018
We watched a lot of Netflix.
This year’s Netflix gems included Queer Eye, To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, another season of Orange Is the New Black, and countless other shows and movies. Netflix delivered the content, and we watched it. A lot of it. On Tuesday, the streaming service released its year-end list of the most-watched Netflix series, films, and stars.
Roxanne Roxanne, The Kissing Booth, and To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before were the most rewatched Netflix original movies in 2018. Nearly 50 percent of viewers rewatched the latter two movies, proving this was truly the year of the rom-com—and that everyone who said they watched To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before 10 times wasn’t kidding.
The top 10 most-watched Netflix original series showed that people are obsessed with true crime and ghosts. Per Netflix, here were the series with the highest average watch time:
- On My Block
- Making a Murderer: Part 2
- 13 Reasons Why: Season 2
- Last Chance U: INDY
- Fastest Car
- The Haunting of Hill House
- Anne with an E: Season 2
- Orange Is the New Black: Season 6
It’s hard to believe we were only blessed with Queer Eye this year, but it’s no surprise The Fab Five were among the 2018 Netflix stars who received the largest Instagram audience growth since January. Also included were the stars of To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, Lana Condor and Noah Centineo.
- The Fab Five (Queer Eye)
- Lana Condor (To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before)
- Joel Courtney (The Kissing Booth)
- Miguel Herrán (Elite / Money Heist)
- Jaime Lorente Lopez (Elite / Money Heist)
- Maria Pedraza (Elite / Money Heist)
- Noah Centineo (To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before / Sierra Burgess Is a Loser)
- Joey King (The Kissing Booth)
- Hannah Gadsby (Nanette)
- Kiernan Shipka (The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina)
With a Ben Affleck and Oscar Isaac heist movie and a Carmen Sandiego reboot already slated to premiere next year, 2019 is bound to be another year of binging. Here’s to many, many more hours of TV and movies.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.