- Mike Huckabee’s defense of Trump’s coronavirus response will make you nauseous Today 12:06 PM
- Gmail’s email filtering may affect what candidate emails you are seeing Today 11:08 AM
- Woman shares aftermath of domestic abuse: ‘This is only to raise awareness’ Today 10:40 AM
- Skai Jackson gets restraining order against Bhad Bhabie after death threat Today 10:19 AM
- Taylor Swift shades Scooter Braun in ‘The Man’ video Today 10:15 AM
- Porn stars are lining up behind Bernie Sanders Today 10:10 AM
- YouTube mom says she ‘beat’ her 2-year-old daughter for ruining her makeup kit Today 10:02 AM
- Ajit Pai’s net neutrality victory lap comes as his own repeal is under review Today 9:20 AM
- Alissa Violet is in Italy—and fans are worried she’ll get coronavirus Today 9:19 AM
- Bernie or Barry? Garth Brooks’ Sanders jersey sparks online panic Today 8:42 AM
- Netflix series ‘Followers’ is a visual treat—but lacks a clear narrative Today 6:00 AM
- Influencer got trapped under ice for TikTok clout, ‘came close to dying’ Thursday 7:59 PM
- #BernieBruh puts new spin on ‘Bernie Bro’ label, showcases support among Black voters Thursday 6:58 PM
- Camila María Concepcíon, trans activist and Netflix writer, dies at 28 Thursday 5:46 PM
- Chrissy Teigen calls out fan who made weird comment about her daughter’s feet Thursday 4:57 PM
It’s the last day of a chaotic, tragic, seemingly neverending January, and Elon Musk has one more surprise: A new song called “Don’t Doubt ur Vibe.”
The Tesla CEO, who changed his Twitter handle to E “D” M to convey the specific vibes, dropped the song on SoundCloud in the early morning hours, and boasted that he “wrote the lyrics & performed the vocals!!”
I wrote the lyrics & performed the vocals!!— E “D” M (@elonmusk) January 31, 2020
The lyrics are just the same two lines repeated, and the song certainly sounds like EDM. While Musk’s partner Grimes was not pictured in his behind-the-scenes photos, she posted a video of Musk awkwardly raging on her Instagram stories. Musk also posted a Joker meme that incorporates the “Toss a Coin to Your Witcher” meme, though his song doesn’t quite have the same catchiness as the Witcher breakout.
The only other track on Musk’s SoundCloud is from less than a year ago, “RIP Harambe,” and, at least from a production standpoint, this new song is an upgrade. As pointed out by The Guardian, the song that autoplays after “Don’t Doubt ur Vibe” is called “Erectile Dysfunction,” from Boise artist almndjoy, and the newer comments all reference Musk.
But we have to think of the future. And people have already proposed a chilling theory about where this song might end up: that cursed Cybertruck.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.