- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Saturday 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Saturday 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
Basically everyone who’s ever had a pet has spent at least a little bit of time wishing their furry friend could speak to them in a language they could understand, rather than a series of confusing barks or meows.
While saying one TikTok user may have had that wish come true would be going too far, he did have a gasp-worthy encounter with his feline pal that happened to be caught on camera.
Ike Tommy was recording his cat, or his bathroom floor, when she started meowing at him as she waited just around the corner, outside the bathroom. A subsequent meow sounds jarringly like, “Are you coming?” Tommy swung the camera around to try to catch her far too human words again. But she only meowed.
The video has inspired almost 24,000 comments, many of which are in celebration of the idea that animals can totally talk.
“I swear [animals] can talk but they aren’t allowed to let us know lol,” wrote TikTok user @ickyandwinky.
Others commented on the cat’s apparent course correction, as she tried to cover her tracks with a harmless meow.
“Hello? Are you coming? *i mean uh* meaaao,” joked TikTok user @mx.glass.
It’s certainly not the only incident of an animal, and specifically of a cat, being caught on video making noises that sound far too human for comfort. But unless the talking animal is accompanied by CGI, a washed up actor, and unjustified profits, such incidents will never cease to be jarring. Actually, scratch that, it’s all pretty jarring.
- The ‘can have … as a treat’ meme has come full circle
- Morbidly obese cat named Cinderblock goes viral for refusing to exercise
- Cat has so much sex it lands him in hospital
- People are transfixed by a TikTok cat dancing along to ‘Mr. Sandman’
H/T New York Post
Rachel Kiley is a writer who sometimes writes things and sometimes is based in L.A., but is definitely always on Twitter @rachelkiley.