- Reddit Relationships: Man laughs at girlfriend for using Microsoft PowerPoint during sex Thursday 8:59 PM
- The 15 Brad Pitt movies you need to see now, ranked Thursday 8:26 PM
- Facebook could face legal action over the Area 51 event Thursday 6:50 PM
- How to stream Texans vs. Chargers in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 6:40 PM
- Tekashi 69 alleges Cardi B was a Bloods gang member Thursday 5:55 PM
- Right-wing sites falsely claimed group of Somalis attacked man in viral video Thursday 5:00 PM
- Big creators risk losing checkmarks amid YouTube verification purge Thursday 4:56 PM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Lions in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:52 PM
- How to stream Steelers vs. 49ers in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:10 PM
- How to stream Bills vs. Bengals in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:03 PM
- Colt halts production of AR-15s for civilians Thursday 3:45 PM
- If you love long-winded, hashtag-heavy Instagram captions, these apps can help Thursday 2:54 PM
- Teen girls on TikTok have convinced the internet that they eat their tampons Thursday 2:33 PM
- Twitch streamer faces criticism for trying to defend racist jokes Thursday 2:03 PM
- How to stream Raiders vs. Vikings in Week 3 Thursday 12:55 PM
It’s the day Pokémon fans have been waiting for. A Nintendo Direct presentation revealing all-new details about the upcoming Pokémon Sword & Shield games happened earlier this morning.
And while the Switch RPGs definitely stirred up some excitement among fans, they stirred up something a little bit spicier as well. After all, you can’t have new games without also having new memes.
Alright, let’s back it up a bit.
One of the biggest (lol) meme targets was the introduction of a new battle feature called Dynamax. Basically, you can now make your Pokémon really, really big. Kind of like how at the end of almost every Power Rangers battle, the monsters would suddenly get gigantic for no discernible reason.
Dynamax Waillord pic.twitter.com/PpHSnvxtdU— DUDE (@ThatSrb2DUDE) June 5, 2019
And of course, there’s the introduction of new Pokémon and characters to take into consideration. Not only are we getting five new buddies to catch and train, but the game is also introducing new trainers and characters, including Professor Magnolia of the Galar region and her granddaughter-slash-assistant, trainer Sonia.
People already really love that little sheep.
But let’s not forget the legendary Pokémon. Historically, we’ve got some awesome legendaries like Mewtwo and Giratina and Lugia. But this time around, the folks at Nintendo are going really, really literal with the “Sword and Shield” of it all, introducing legendary Pokémon Zaclan and Zamazenta, who, um, have an actual sword (Zaclan) and shield (Zamazenta) in their mouths.
But on the bright side, that gives the internet the space to come up with even more amazing Pokémon memes in the memetime.
- Pokémon Sword and Shield memes have fans dying for their favorite starters
- Here are all the best Pokémon Sleep memes from a very tired internet
- Here’s everything we know about Pokémon Sword and Shield
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Rachel Kiley is a writer who sometimes writes things and sometimes is based in L.A., but is definitely always on Twitter @rachelkiley.