- PDF Association dunks on Mueller report PDF Friday 7:33 PM
- Robert Downey Jr. says ‘Endgame’ finale is ‘best 8 minutes’ of any MCU film Friday 4:42 PM
- Elizabeth Warren calls on Congress to impeach Trump Friday 3:43 PM
- BlackBerry Messenger is still a thing—but not for much longer Friday 2:56 PM
- Matt Gaetz hires speechwriter fired by White House for attending white nationalist event Friday 1:33 PM
- Here’s why Elon Musk is a sheep on Twitter Friday 12:14 PM
- Trump is already running Facebook ads on the Mueller report Friday 12:07 PM
- 20 thoughtful gifts grads actually want Friday 12:00 PM
- 7 of the best psychological thriller movies on Shudder Friday 11:44 AM
- Seth Abramson’s epic Mueller thread finally comes to a conclusion Friday 11:40 AM
- Netflix is testing out a random play feature Friday 11:28 AM
- Teen star Danielle Cohn faked pregnancy for YouTube prank Friday 10:55 AM
- How to watch ‘A Discovery of Witches’ for free Friday 10:42 AM
- Rev up your own family rivalries with these ‘Game of Thrones’ board games Friday 10:29 AM
- Mueller’s ‘harm to ongoing matter’ is the best way to stay silent about your life Friday 10:21 AM
Pokémon Sword and Shield memes have fans dying for their favorite starters
Sobble or Scorbunny?
Pokémon Sword and Shield, the new core Pokémon games, have just been announced, and fans are already filled with joy for a new generation of monsters to catch. Most notably, Pokémon fans are finally getting that fully 3D home console Pokémon experience, plus a trio of delightfully cute starter Pokémon. Like anything cute and cuddly, the internet glommed onto Pokémon Sword and Shield like Jigglypuff to a sharpie.
After Pokemon Direct official reaction pictures pic.twitter.com/rx55TwLQei
— 💐🏳️🌈Lulu🏳️🌈💐🍔💪 (@luulubuu) February 27, 2019
First, there was the obvious comparison to one of our favorite Pokémon memes of yesteryear, “Surprised Pikachu.”
— MAX Apex (@Maximoony) February 27, 2019
There were plenty of thoughts and aspirations for how Grookey, Sobble, and Scorbunny will evolve. Even though most starter Pokémon begin as adorable little snugglebugs, they more often than not evolve into total badasses by their third form.
— Poke Trainer Joshie (@toomanydreams93) February 27, 2019
Scorbunny and Sobble were clearly fan favorites (poor Grookey), and already people are warring over who is the cuter Pokémon.
— YingYang48 (@YingYang48) February 27, 2019
Summer Wars fans represent.
cant wait for scorbunny to evolve into pic.twitter.com/KdpZE5qbYZ
— Ruff U・ᴥ・U (@Ruff_Sketches) February 27, 2019
— Ｔｒｕｅ-ＪｅK (@true_jek_art) February 27, 2019
— O'Dell Harmon Jr. (@ODellHarmonJr) February 27, 2019
— Spielenator (@Spielenator) February 27, 2019
— -NEON- (@NE_0_N) February 27, 2019
— ｔｈｅ ｊｅｓｔｅｒ (@jesterdesu) February 27, 2019
— Caroline Director (@CarolineDirectr) February 27, 2019
— Escapist Magazine (@EscapistMag) February 27, 2019
Sobble’s soft look was compared to Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper duet performance from the Oscars. We’ll let you judge Sobble’s level of bedroom eyes.
🎶Tell me Sobble girl—🎶 pic.twitter.com/FjaafGiqr8
— Adam Moussa (@adamjmoussa) February 27, 2019
Sobble is the Pokemon of the modern age. Pure anxiety about everything. pic.twitter.com/dpfICAPau0
— M.H. Williams (@AutomaticZen) February 27, 2019
Sobble during the NBA playoffs pic.twitter.com/Kl1mFb8Bnz
— SB Nation (@SBNation) February 27, 2019
Since Pokémon Sword and Shield have a particularly European look to them, what with the Big Ben-looking clocktower and gentle countryside, it’s only fair that plenty of Brexit jokes were made. Hopefully, a Pokémon-based economy can stand on its own.
— Major Joms (@_Carrmaz) February 27, 2019
bold move by nintendo to make the new pokemon game take place in england during the brexit debate pic.twitter.com/82VFKCtSFh
— Jake (@jacobkleinman) February 27, 2019
I’m particularly in love with this one that will evoke plenty of nightmares.
sorry but I had to voice these hilarious Pokemon tweets 😩
tweets by the respective handles in the video, go follow them for being funny!! pic.twitter.com/RbAJBLOznT
— ♥ Elsie Lovelock ♥ (@ElsieLovelock) February 27, 2019
You’ve got the cast of Edgar Wright’s Hot Fuzz posing a serious challenge to new Pokémon trainers.
— Harrison Senpai ☘️🦉 (@HarrisonSenpai_) February 27, 2019
— The Sci-Comm Cyprinid!🔬🐟 (@PhiloFishy) February 27, 2019
wow they leaked the third game for pokemon sword and shield already?? pic.twitter.com/FK6Vfk4k5i
— ☆ gutter ☆ (@guttersvoice) February 27, 2019
Pokémon Sword and Shield will be released in late 2019.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.