- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 8 Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chargers on Sunday Night Football Saturday 7:20 PM
- Popular TikTok teens accused of pretending to be gay for clout Saturday 6:38 PM
- Scott Walker’s ‘$26 haircut’ dig at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez backfires Saturday 4:46 PM
- Halle synagogue shooter allegedly posted manifesto on anime message board Saturday 4:06 PM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Jets in NFL Week 6 Saturday 3:25 PM
- How to stream Rams vs. 49ers in NFL Week 6 action Saturday 3:05 PM
- Kamala Harris’ ‘lover’ says Jacob Wohl hired him off Craigslist Saturday 2:03 PM
- Korean hair salon dragged for turning straight hair into Afro-textured hair Saturday 1:00 PM
- How to stream Chiefs vs. Texans in NFL Week 6 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Browns in Week 6 NFL action Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Vikings in Week 6 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Saints vs. Jaguars in Week 6 Saturday 12:00 PM
- ‘El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie’ gives closure to Jesse Pinkman and fans Saturday 11:55 AM
- Zedd ‘permanently banned’ from China after liking ‘South Park’ tweet Saturday 11:50 AM
Remember when McDonald’s got in way over its head when it tried to get in on the Rick and Morty Szechuan sauce craze? Well, the Szechuan sauce saga continues as one Reddit user claims the condiment was recently spotted on a McDonald’s register menu.
Back in 2017, after the throwback Disney’s Mulan promotional Szechaun sauce was randomly featured in one of the cartoon’s episodes, McDonald’s announced it would give Rick and Morty fans a chance to try the sauce by having the sauce return to stores for one day. There was even supposed to be a poster released in commemoration of the event. But McDonald’s seriously underestimated the tenacity of the show’s fans.
Thousands showed up to McDonald’s restaurants across the nation, and stores ran out after distributing only a few sauce packets. Things quickly descended into absolute mayhem. Fights broke out, and angry fans shouting “give us sauce” had to be dispersed by police in some locations.
Cops are at Wellington McDonalds where tons of angry people lined up for hrs for Rick and Morty Szechuan sauce only to learn they had none pic.twitter.com/3T272osid4— Lulu Ramadan (@luluramadan) October 7, 2017
Now, rumor has it that the sauce will be returning to Mickey D’s soon. A Reddit user, who claims to work at the restaurant, claims to have seen the condiment on the store’s menu.
“Szechaun sauce is real very soon. I work at McDonald’s and found this in the register menu. You’re welcome,” the post read along with a picture of the menu’s options.
Szechuan sauce is real very soon. I work at McDonald's and found this in the register menu. You're welcome. from rickandmorty
McDonald’s posted on Twitter in response to a user asking about the sauce writing: “Stay tuned, we’re working on getting Szechaun sauce back to this dimension as fast as possible!”
Stay tuned, we’re working on getting Szechuan sauce back to this dimension as fast as possible!— McDonald's (@McDonalds) February 15, 2018
It seems like McDonald’s has yet to learn about the dangers of exciting Rick and Morty fans about Szechaun sauce. Hopefully this time the fast-food company will be sure to stock up and deliver on its promotional promises.
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.