- Google CEO tells Congress why searching ‘idiot’ results in Trump images Tuesday 3:52 PM
- Netflix’s year-end data dump shows what people binged in 2018 Tuesday 3:13 PM
- Snowden joins calls for Google to end controversial Chinese search engine Tuesday 1:51 PM
- There’s still time for Congress to reinstate net neutrality Tuesday 1:24 PM
- George R.R. Martin promises fans he’ll finish ‘A Song of Ice and Fire’ … someday Tuesday 12:58 PM
- The Boss tears down his myths on Netflix’s ‘Springsteen on Broadway’ Tuesday 10:56 AM
- Vlogger banned from Twitter for disturbing pro-pedophilia posts Tuesday 10:45 AM
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is Nintendo’s greatest labor of love Tuesday 10:44 AM
- Miranda Sings creator Colleen Ballinger gives birth to baby boy Tuesday 10:26 AM
- Columbia University student goes on white supremacy rant in viral video Tuesday 9:58 AM
- PewDiePie promotes YouTube account that features anti-Semitism, Nazi imagery Tuesday 9:20 AM
- FCC investigates major wireless carrier for lying about coverage Tuesday 8:40 AM
- Get this best-selling pressure cooker for half off, today only Tuesday 8:30 AM
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez compares her victory at 28 to Paul Ryan’s—and calls out a double standard Tuesday 8:22 AM
- If you’ve always lusted after a KitchenAid mixer, it’s over $80 off today Tuesday 8:00 AM
“Give us sauce!”
Remember when McDonald’s got in way over its head when it tried to get in on the Rick and Morty Szechuan sauce craze? Well, the Szechuan sauce saga continues as one Reddit user claims the condiment was recently spotted on a McDonald’s register menu.
Back in 2017, after the throwback Disney’s Mulan promotional Szechaun sauce was randomly featured in one of the cartoon’s episodes, McDonald’s announced it would give Rick and Morty fans a chance to try the sauce by having the sauce return to stores for one day. There was even supposed to be a poster released in commemoration of the event. But McDonald’s seriously underestimated the tenacity of the show’s fans.
Thousands showed up to McDonald’s restaurants across the nation, and stores ran out after distributing only a few sauce packets. Things quickly descended into absolute mayhem. Fights broke out, and angry fans shouting “give us sauce” had to be dispersed by police in some locations.
Cops are at Wellington McDonalds where tons of angry people lined up for hrs for Rick and Morty Szechuan sauce only to learn they had none pic.twitter.com/3T272osid4
— Lulu Ramadan (@luluramadan) October 7, 2017
— Kevin Alberi (@Chauncey_Boy) October 7, 2017
Now, rumor has it that the sauce will be returning to Mickey D’s soon. A Reddit user, who claims to work at the restaurant, claims to have seen the condiment on the store’s menu.
“Szechaun sauce is real very soon. I work at McDonald’s and found this in the register menu. You’re welcome,” the post read along with a picture of the menu’s options.
McDonald’s posted on Twitter in response to a user asking about the sauce writing: “Stay tuned, we’re working on getting Szechaun sauce back to this dimension as fast as possible!”
Stay tuned, we’re working on getting Szechuan sauce back to this dimension as fast as possible!
— McDonald's (@McDonalds) February 15, 2018
It seems like McDonald’s has yet to learn about the dangers of exciting Rick and Morty fans about Szechaun sauce. Hopefully this time the fast-food company will be sure to stock up and deliver on its promotional promises.
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.