- James Comey posts from a forest in wake of Mueller report Today 10:35 AM
- These are the only online dating sites worth your time Today 10:29 AM
- Jameela Jamil sparks conversation about women having to make the ‘boyfriend excuse’ Today 10:23 AM
- Trump-Russia conspiracy theorists think they’ve found secrets in the Mueller report Today 9:32 AM
- Report: YouTube is done competing with Netflix, Amazon Today 9:27 AM
- Netflix drama ‘Coisa Mais Linda’ explores Bossa Nova clubs and women’s rights in Brazil Today 8:08 AM
- The best ‘Game of Thrones’ memes to get you pumped for season 8 Today 7:30 AM
- Amazon Echo Show (2nd Gen) vs Google Home Hub: Which is better? Today 7:00 AM
- Solange sings along to Ariana Grande on Instagram Stories—and fans are obsessed Today 6:37 AM
- How to stream the entire ’30 For 30′ series for free Today 6:30 AM
- Swipe This! My happiest Facebook Memories are making me miserable Today 6:30 AM
- Musketeers: Welcome to the global Elon Musk fan network Today 6:00 AM
- Lawsuit alleges YouTube’s unboxing videos are ‘abusive’ ads aimed at kids Sunday 3:48 PM
- Dr. Dre shades Lori Loughlin with Instagram flex about his daughter getting into USC Sunday 3:13 PM
- University of Georgia frat’s racist Snapchat video draws campus outrage Sunday 1:21 PM
“Give us sauce!”
Remember when McDonald’s got in way over its head when it tried to get in on the Rick and Morty Szechuan sauce craze? Well, the Szechuan sauce saga continues as one Reddit user claims the condiment was recently spotted on a McDonald’s register menu.
Back in 2017, after the throwback Disney’s Mulan promotional Szechaun sauce was randomly featured in one of the cartoon’s episodes, McDonald’s announced it would give Rick and Morty fans a chance to try the sauce by having the sauce return to stores for one day. There was even supposed to be a poster released in commemoration of the event. But McDonald’s seriously underestimated the tenacity of the show’s fans.
Thousands showed up to McDonald’s restaurants across the nation, and stores ran out after distributing only a few sauce packets. Things quickly descended into absolute mayhem. Fights broke out, and angry fans shouting “give us sauce” had to be dispersed by police in some locations.
Cops are at Wellington McDonalds where tons of angry people lined up for hrs for Rick and Morty Szechuan sauce only to learn they had none pic.twitter.com/3T272osid4
— Lulu Ramadan (@luluramadan) October 7, 2017
— Kevin Alberi (@Chauncey_Boy) October 7, 2017
Now, rumor has it that the sauce will be returning to Mickey D’s soon. A Reddit user, who claims to work at the restaurant, claims to have seen the condiment on the store’s menu.
“Szechaun sauce is real very soon. I work at McDonald’s and found this in the register menu. You’re welcome,” the post read along with a picture of the menu’s options.
McDonald’s posted on Twitter in response to a user asking about the sauce writing: “Stay tuned, we’re working on getting Szechaun sauce back to this dimension as fast as possible!”
Stay tuned, we’re working on getting Szechuan sauce back to this dimension as fast as possible!
— McDonald's (@McDonalds) February 15, 2018
It seems like McDonald’s has yet to learn about the dangers of exciting Rick and Morty fans about Szechaun sauce. Hopefully this time the fast-food company will be sure to stock up and deliver on its promotional promises.
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.