- Jameela Jamil dragged for comparing reproductive rights to landlord rights Tuesday 6:54 PM
- Trump campaign posts Thanos meme, totally misses point of ‘Endgame’ Tuesday 5:58 PM
- Petition calls for Apple to make a Baby Yoda emoji Tuesday 5:16 PM
- This BTS-Billie Eilish mashup is the most popular tweet of 2019 Tuesday 4:51 PM
- Michelle Wolf embraces vulgarity in ‘Joke Show’ Tuesday 4:24 PM
- Influencer gets 14 years in prison for trying to steal domain name at gunpoint Tuesday 4:14 PM
- ‘Three Days of Christmas’ is a delightfully dark holiday alternative to Hallmark Tuesday 3:55 PM
- The way Trump Jr. holds his own book inspires mockery Tuesday 3:47 PM
- Woman facing backlash for no longer wearing hijab in end of the decade photo Tuesday 3:16 PM
- Report: Consulting firm lied about decreasing violence at Rikers Island jail Tuesday 2:36 PM
- TikTok users are sharing things they thought were ‘ghetto’ as kids Tuesday 2:31 PM
- Republicans just blocked a net neutrality vote in the Senate Tuesday 2:24 PM
- ‘Fox & Friends’ host stuck using dad’s account after Twitter suspension Tuesday 1:10 PM
- ‘They’ is Merriam-Webster’s word of the year Tuesday 12:56 PM
- Inside Dolby’s big ‘Star Wars’ retrospective exhibition Tuesday 12:48 PM
Remember when McDonald’s got in way over its head when it tried to get in on the Rick and Morty Szechuan sauce craze? Well, the Szechuan sauce saga continues as one Reddit user claims the condiment was recently spotted on a McDonald’s register menu.
Back in 2017, after the throwback Disney’s Mulan promotional Szechaun sauce was randomly featured in one of the cartoon’s episodes, McDonald’s announced it would give Rick and Morty fans a chance to try the sauce by having the sauce return to stores for one day. There was even supposed to be a poster released in commemoration of the event. But McDonald’s seriously underestimated the tenacity of the show’s fans.
Thousands showed up to McDonald’s restaurants across the nation, and stores ran out after distributing only a few sauce packets. Things quickly descended into absolute mayhem. Fights broke out, and angry fans shouting “give us sauce” had to be dispersed by police in some locations.
Cops are at Wellington McDonalds where tons of angry people lined up for hrs for Rick and Morty Szechuan sauce only to learn they had none pic.twitter.com/3T272osid4— Lulu Ramadan (@luluramadan) October 7, 2017
Now, rumor has it that the sauce will be returning to Mickey D’s soon. A Reddit user, who claims to work at the restaurant, claims to have seen the condiment on the store’s menu.
“Szechaun sauce is real very soon. I work at McDonald’s and found this in the register menu. You’re welcome,” the post read along with a picture of the menu’s options.
Szechuan sauce is real very soon. I work at McDonald's and found this in the register menu. You're welcome. from rickandmorty
McDonald’s posted on Twitter in response to a user asking about the sauce writing: “Stay tuned, we’re working on getting Szechaun sauce back to this dimension as fast as possible!”
Stay tuned, we’re working on getting Szechuan sauce back to this dimension as fast as possible!— McDonald's (@McDonalds) February 15, 2018
It seems like McDonald’s has yet to learn about the dangers of exciting Rick and Morty fans about Szechaun sauce. Hopefully this time the fast-food company will be sure to stock up and deliver on its promotional promises.
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.