- Dog watches the digging of its own grave—and Twitter is shook 4 Weeks Ago
- Why Marvel changed the way we think about movie franchises 4 Weeks Ago
- George Zimmerman is looking for ‘carefree fun’ on Tinder 4 Weeks Ago
- Trump responds with a ‘Game of Thrones’ meme to the Mueller report 4 Weeks Ago
- A new tool lets you track candidate spending on Facebook—and Trump is crushing Democrats Today 8:59 AM
- George Lucas helped direct ‘Game of Thrones’—and he’s not a Jon Snow fan Today 8:05 AM
- Conspiracy theorists got me suspended from Twitter—and now I understand them better Today 7:29 AM
- What is the Golden Company, Cersei’s new mercenary army? Today 7:00 AM
- The ultimate cord-cutting guide for sports fans Today 6:53 AM
- ‘Little Teeth’ is a tribute to 20-something queer growing pains Today 6:30 AM
- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in May 2019 Today 5:30 AM
- Beyoncé’s ‘Lemonade’ is finally coming to Spotify, Apple Music Wednesday 8:48 PM
- Ubisoft is offering Assassin’s Creed Unity for free to support Notre Dame Wednesday 8:25 PM
- Are teens really eating foods with the ‘shells on’ for a new viral challenge? Wednesday 6:39 PM
- The new Samsung Galaxy Fold already seems to be falling apart Wednesday 4:17 PM
The Apex Legends: season 1 battle pass is finally here—and there’s a lot to unpack
Octane joins the party.
Apex Legends is the new hotness when it comes to the battle royale genre, and it’s 50 million players strong. With that many combatants, it’s got to be a big deal, right? The game is just about to launch season 1 of its hotly anticipated battle pass, and it’s got players clamoring for details, like what kind of new characters will be introduced?
What kind of loot will be available to work toward? And most importantly, when can we expect the season 1 battle pass to drop? Here’s everything we know so far about the upcoming Apex Legends season 1 battle pass.
When does Apex Legends season 1 start?
Respawn Entertainment has confirmed that Season 1 of Apex Legends‘ battle pass is available now. It debuted on March 19, with the special season 1 event Wild Frontier.
- Is Apex Legends getting a new character named Wattson?
- How to improve your FPS in Apex Legends
- How to get the first Apex Legends Twitch Prime pack for free
- Apex Legends: How to report a player for harassment, cheating
Apex Legends season 1 battle pass cost
The basic Apex Legends season 1 battle pass will cost 950 Apex Coins, which translates to about $10. For this price, you’ll get new character skins, banners, intros, quotes, and additional goodies. You can also opt to pick up the battle pass bundle for 2,800 Apex Coins, which is roughly $30. Depending on how many Apex Coins you have, you may find that you need to spend a little more since Apex Coins don’t have an exact Coin to dollar ratio.
Is there anything to earn if I don’t pay for the pass?
Yes. You can earn a Wild Frontier Legend Skin, 18 Wild Frontier Stat Trackers, and 5 Apex Packs for your trouble, even if you opt not to spend the $10 entry fee for the battle pass.
Apex Legends season 1: Are there new Legends?
— Apex Legends (@PlayApex) March 19, 2019
Yes, but you won’t unlock the new Legend by buying the battle pass. The new character’s name is Octane, and he’s the first release during season 1 that you’ll have to purchase outright. He costs 12,000 Legend Tokens or 750 Apex Coins, so save up that cash if you want to expand your roster.
What do you get with the Apex Legends battle pass?
— Apex Legends (@PlayApex) March 19, 2019
There are more than 100 items included in the battle pass, such as the Lifeline Revolutionary skin, Wraith Survivor skin, and the Mirage Outlaw skin. These are unlocked immediately upon purchasing the battle pass. Anything you grab in-game before the end of the season will remain yours even when it’s come to an end.
- The best Apex Legends characters
- Lifeline guide: How to play the Apex Legends healer
- How to get Apex Coins, Tokens, and Crafting Materials in Apex Legends
- How to keep Apex Legends from crashing
You also acquire levels for your character. For example, if you buy the $30 battle pass bundle, you’ll be leveled to 25 right off the bat. You can purchase additional levels for 150 Apex Coins apiece. Alternatively, you can earn them through regular gameplay. When you hit level 110, you’ll unlock some additional goodies as well. Of course, you’ll unlock a wide variety of different items as you progress through the ranks, but that’s one of the major milestones to look forward to.
How long does Apex Legends season 1 last?
At this point, neither Electronic Arts nor Respawn Entertainment has shared exactly how long the season will last, but you’ll want to make sure you play it as often as possible to get all of the goodies up for grabs. Once the season ends, you won’t be able to earn additional items as part of the Wild Frontier event.
Brittany Vincent has covered gaming, anime, tech, and entertainment for over a decade. When she’s not writing, she’s replaying Um Jammer Lammy or Day of the Tentacle for the hundredth time while pining for a Harvester sequel. Find her on Twitter @MolotovCupcake.