- Why Britons are tweeting ‘Little England’ in wake of the U.K. election Today 3:22 PM
- Net neutrality advocates ask for rehearing on federal court decision Today 2:29 PM
- Americans are sharing their #PrivateHealthLIFEhacks to help Brits Today 2:28 PM
- Warren, Sanders, Yang pledge to skip next week’s debate over union dispute Today 2:12 PM
- How to watch tonight’s Nets vs. Raptors matchup on NBA TV Today 2:00 PM
- Alt-right comedian Owen Benjamin banned from Instagram over anti-Semitic memes Today 1:55 PM
- TikTok teens are procrastinating with #FinalsWeek Today 1:46 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ takes on a prison break in episode 6 Today 1:30 PM
- Nick Cannon vs. Eminem battle expected to escalate after ‘off-limits’ daughter diss Today 12:50 PM
- Laura Loomer vehemently denies being author of new Laura Loomer-themed action novel Today 12:30 PM
- PewDiePie’s poop-inspired game gets banned by Apple Today 11:29 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ showrunners to adapt ‘Lovecraft’ graphic novel to screen Today 11:00 AM
- The 50 memes that defined the decade Today 10:45 AM
- Venmo users are getting harassed with fraudulent payment requests Today 10:38 AM
- Twitter pledges to verify politicians in national primaries Today 9:34 AM
David Wohl, the lawyer and father of pro-Trump conspiracy theorist Jacob Wohl, was mocked on Twitter Thursday for announcing a bizarre calendar filled with pictures of himself.
Wohl revealed in a tweet that the 2020 calendar would include not only photos of himself but of fellow conservative talking head Breck Worsham.
2016 Trump campaign surrogate David Wohl is selling a MAGA boudoir calendar, starring himself, for $25. pic.twitter.com/uhNLWojVbk— Will Sommer (@willsommer) November 21, 2019
The proceeds generated from the calendars, to Wohl’s credit, will purportedly go to the Wounded Warriors Project, as well as the Gary Sinise Foundation. Both groups work to support U.S. military veterans.
The only true question is who would actually line up to buy such a calendar when supporting either charity is just as easy and infinitely less cringe?
Worsham advertised the calendar on her Instagram page as well. And although Worsham was banned from Twitter last December for tweets that allegedly encouraged violence, Wohl tagged the Twitter account @themagablonde to reference Worsham.
Wohl’s announcement, however, appeared to be less than enthralling for Twitter users.
“Wouldn’t forcing the troops to look at this wound them more?” one Twitter user joked.
Wouldn't forcing the troops to look at this wound them more?— Hårga Appreciation Society (@williamzabka42) November 21, 2019
the wounded warriors are all better now thanks— Andy Campbell (@AndyBCampbell) November 21, 2019
David, our soldiers have been through enough.— Vijo Morganstein (@P1Dayman) November 21, 2019
Others questioned how anyone could be so cruel to Gary Sinise, the Hollywood actor who famously played Lieutenant Dan in iconic blockbuster Forrest Gump.
“WHAT DID GARY SINISE EVER DO TO YOU TO DESERVE THIS,” Twitter user @Voodoo_Pork asked.
WHAT DID GARY SINISE EVER DO TO YOU TO DESERVE THIS— Voodoo Pork (@Voodoo_Pork) November 21, 2019
Gary, right now pic.twitter.com/FAPt2ESiki— Melissa Garriga (@MelissaAGarriga) November 21, 2019
Some speculated that perhaps they’d discovered the source of Jacob’s many issues, specifically his never-ending desire for attention via sham press conferences.
“Jacob was doomed from the start,” Twitter user @neuralculture declared.
Jacob was doomed from the start— 🏴ⒶWKS 🏴☠️ 😷☂️ (@neuralculture) November 21, 2019
This is an illuminating insight into how your son turned out like he has thus far— Randbrick (@HitherToFore) November 21, 2019
But the elder Wohl didn’t have time for the haters and even claimed to have sold almost 12,000 calendars in three days. Wohl also called out the “degenerates, reprobates, stalkers, and Never-Trumper losers” who apparently couldn’t handle how epic his calendar is… or something.
Update: We have sold nearly 12,000 calendars in the 3 days that it's been on sale!— David Wohl (@DavidWohl) November 21, 2019
Thank you to everyone for supporting #WoundedWarriors and the @GarySiniseFound. 100% of the proceeds go to those GREAT causes! @GarySinise #MAGA
For those wondering, because I know you are, the calendars are selling for $24.95 on Worsham’s website. A description for the product promises that the “twelve tantalizing pages” will be “steamier than ever.”
Mikael Thalen is a tech and security reporter based in Seattle, covering social media, data breaches, hackers, and more.