- ‘American Dirt’ is a metaphor for a white country built on the back of immigrants Today 6:00 AM
- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
- Iconic 1968 drag documentary ‘The Queen’ finally released on Netflix Friday 9:29 PM
- This TikTok account for Chancellor Palpatine is hilarious Friday 8:43 PM
- Did the Space Force logo rip off Star Trek? Friday 6:24 PM
- Disabled people with service dogs say Uber, Lyft drivers are denying them rides Friday 3:25 PM
- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign Friday 2:48 PM
- Police handcuff brown man at subway station for carrying a toy gun Friday 1:20 PM
- Fake clip of Sanders quoting infamous ‘hot chip’ tweet is duping people online Friday 1:16 PM
- The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala alleges Scientologists behind dog’s death Friday 12:46 PM
- Eminem responds to critics: ‘This album was not made for the squeamish’ Friday 12:42 PM
- ‘The poet, the poem’ meme takes iconic lines and turns them into art Friday 12:40 PM
- People are making dark memes about the coronavirus Friday 12:27 PM
- Trump camp’s ‘head on a pike’ impeachment threat hit with memes Friday 11:34 AM
- What is the #FreeBritney movement, and why is Cher tweeting about it? Friday 10:52 AM
David Wohl, the lawyer and father of pro-Trump conspiracy theorist Jacob Wohl, was mocked on Twitter Thursday for announcing a bizarre calendar filled with pictures of himself.
Wohl revealed in a tweet that the 2020 calendar would include not only photos of himself but of fellow conservative talking head Breck Worsham.
2016 Trump campaign surrogate David Wohl is selling a MAGA boudoir calendar, starring himself, for $25. pic.twitter.com/uhNLWojVbk— Will Sommer (@willsommer) November 21, 2019
The proceeds generated from the calendars, to Wohl’s credit, will purportedly go to the Wounded Warriors Project, as well as the Gary Sinise Foundation. Both groups work to support U.S. military veterans.
The only true question is who would actually line up to buy such a calendar when supporting either charity is just as easy and infinitely less cringe?
Worsham advertised the calendar on her Instagram page as well. And although Worsham was banned from Twitter last December for tweets that allegedly encouraged violence, Wohl tagged the Twitter account @themagablonde to reference Worsham.
Wohl’s announcement, however, appeared to be less than enthralling for Twitter users.
“Wouldn’t forcing the troops to look at this wound them more?” one Twitter user joked.
Wouldn't forcing the troops to look at this wound them more?— Hårga Appreciation Society (@williamzabka42) November 21, 2019
the wounded warriors are all better now thanks— Andy Campbell (@AndyBCampbell) November 21, 2019
David, our soldiers have been through enough.— Vijo Morganstein (@P1Dayman) November 21, 2019
Others questioned how anyone could be so cruel to Gary Sinise, the Hollywood actor who famously played Lieutenant Dan in iconic blockbuster Forrest Gump.
“WHAT DID GARY SINISE EVER DO TO YOU TO DESERVE THIS,” Twitter user @Voodoo_Pork asked.
WHAT DID GARY SINISE EVER DO TO YOU TO DESERVE THIS— Voodoo Pork (@Voodoo_Pork) November 21, 2019
Gary, right now pic.twitter.com/FAPt2ESiki— Melissa Garriga (@MelissaAGarriga) November 21, 2019
Some speculated that perhaps they’d discovered the source of Jacob’s many issues, specifically his never-ending desire for attention via sham press conferences.
“Jacob was doomed from the start,” Twitter user @neuralculture declared.
Jacob was doomed from the start— IN THE STREETS (@neuralculture) November 21, 2019
This is an illuminating insight into how your son turned out like he has thus far— Randbrick (@HitherToFore) November 21, 2019
But the elder Wohl didn’t have time for the haters and even claimed to have sold almost 12,000 calendars in three days. Wohl also called out the “degenerates, reprobates, stalkers, and Never-Trumper losers” who apparently couldn’t handle how epic his calendar is… or something.
Update: We have sold nearly 12,000 calendars in the 3 days that it's been on sale!— David Wohl (@DavidWohl) November 21, 2019
Thank you to everyone for supporting #WoundedWarriors and the @GarySiniseFound. 100% of the proceeds go to those GREAT causes! @GarySinise #MAGA
For those wondering, because I know you are, the calendars are selling for $24.95 on Worsham’s website. A description for the product promises that the “twelve tantalizing pages” will be “steamier than ever.”
Mikael Thalen is a tech and security reporter based in Seattle, covering social media, data breaches, hackers, and more.