- Pete Buttigieg mocked for staged walking photo 1 Month Ago
- Louise Linton deletes pro-Greta Thunberg Instagram post Today 10:58 AM
- ‘Crip Camp’ shows how a radical summer camp was monumental to the disability rights movement Today 9:08 AM
- How to live stream the 2020 Grammy Awards Today 7:00 AM
- Technology created deepfakes—does it have a way to stop them, too? Today 6:30 AM
- SESTA-FOSTA is ‘detrimental’ to sex workers’ safety, study confirms Today 6:00 AM
- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
- The best upcoming video games to look out for in February 2020 Saturday 5:23 PM
- TikTok teens use AirPods and Google Translate to secretly talk in class Saturday 4:32 PM
- Video shows corpses of coronavirus victims lying in China hospital Saturday 3:44 PM
- Kid meets Slipknot after drumming video goes viral Saturday 2:30 PM
- Channing Tatum responds to troll who tried to compare Jenna Dewan and Jessie J’s looks Saturday 1:46 PM
- Grindr pulls an ‘I don’t know her’ after Eminem suggests he uses the app Saturday 12:48 PM
- Here are the top 10 most popular Instagram models in 2020 Saturday 12:21 PM
“I think it would cause physical violence in this country that we haven’t seen since the second, since the first Civil War. I think it would become the second Civil War,” InfoWars’ Will Johnson says in the video, which was posted to Twitter.
Trump supporters at the president's rally in Hershey, Pennsylvania tell CBS News their thoughts on impeachment and the possibility of his removal: "It would become the second Civil War." https://t.co/jPUmfWREbX pic.twitter.com/bzT0v9oaWN— CBS News (@CBSNews) December 11, 2019
Journalist Nick Martin was the first to notice the inclusion of the InfoWars host.
“Wait is this InfoWars host Will Johnson being interviewed as a just a random ‘Trump supporter’ in this video?” Martin questioned in response to the video.
Wait, is this InfoWars host Will Johnson being interviewed as a just a random "Trump supporter" in this video? https://t.co/O1QSXcEyn4— Nick Martin (@nickmartin) December 12, 2019
Martin told the Daily Dot he recognized Johnson from previous InfoWars videos.
Johnson himself interviewed attendees at the rally, according to screenshots shared by Martin.
Will Johnson hosts a show on InfoWars called "Fire Power News." pic.twitter.com/mpVqgdJ7LJ— Nick Martin (@nickmartin) December 12, 2019
While CBS did not respond to Martin’s inquiries regarding the video, it did add an editor’s note to its Twitter and Facebook posts.
“After publication of this video, CBS News learned that the second man interviewed is Will Johnson, a media personality who has contributed to InfoWars,” CBS wrote in response to its now-ratioed tweet.
CBS News also just edited its Facebook post for the video to include the "editor's note." pic.twitter.com/nFs6R6XJJ9— Nick Martin (@nickmartin) December 12, 2019
In addition to InfoWars, Johnson is the founder of Unite America First, another far-right advocacy group.
“He now works to inform Americans of the evil, lawless and divisive ways of the democrat party,” Johnson’s site reads.
Libby Cohen is a third-year University of Texas student originally from New Jersey. She has written for ORANGE Magazine, the Daily Texan, and most recently interned for 1010 WINS in NYC. She's now back in Austin writing for the Texas Standard and the Daily Dot.