- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Today 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Today 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Today 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Today 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Today 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action Today 6:00 AM
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Tottenham Hotspur Friday 6:59 PM
- QAnon supporters claim they couldn’t sport Q attire at Trump rally Friday 5:52 PM
- How to stream Southampton vs. Liverpool Friday 4:55 PM
- See when and where your team plays: The 2019 NFL preseason schedule Friday 4:51 PM
- Twitter is testing a feature that would hide offensive DMs you receive Friday 4:19 PM
- How to stream Arsenal vs. Burnley Friday 4:15 PM
Selfie addicts have more reason to install the newest iOS 9 update
Does my hair look weird?
Although you’ll have to wait until November to have the ability to send your pals the taco or middle finger emoji, there’s at least one function iOS device-toting individuals can start benefiting from: a photo folder exclusively for selfies.
There’s literally a selfie folder in the new update this is the best day ever
— hailey ♉️ (@HaileyBirdsall) September 16, 2015
omg the iOS 9 update has a selfie folder now and I have about 1,300 selfies IM SOBBING
— meølah (@toxicpromises) September 16, 2015
That’s right—rather than painstakingly perusing your Camera Roll to select the best well-lit and angled self-portraits to save, Apple users may now access all their front-facing snapshots in one neat little folder. In one go, you may also delete forever those you took while inebriated that sort of make you look like hot garbage. Hooray for selfie obsessives everywhere!
Apart from an improved photo album organization (there’s also a new Screenshots folder, for your stolen Snapchats and personal private message archives), there’s also a smattering of new tweaks that are currently appeasing a majority of people who’ve downloaded and installed the recent update.
The new OS has a snazzy new system font (it’s called San Francisco, the same font used in the Apple Watch), an easier way to search through Settings, and a battery-saving mode that can be activated when you dip to 20 percent juice. When toggled, the latter feature will put a pause on mail retrieval, automatic downloads, and apps refreshing in the background, among other things; your device will automatically jump out of low power mode after you plug it in and it has received some charge.
Apple’s iOS 9 update is full of goodies, but the selfie folder has to be one of our favorites.
Photo via Susanne Nilsson/Flickr (CC BY SA 2.0)
Jam Kotenko is a technology reporter and graphic designer who specializes in coverage of Instagram, Facebook, and other social media apps. Her work has been published by Digital Trends, Bustle, and Gotta Be Mobile.