- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new 4 Years Ago
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free 4 Years Ago
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Today 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’ spinoff mini-series is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Friday 1:58 PM
- Instagram photos showing prison conditions spark massive protest Friday 1:33 PM
- ‘Gay rat wedding’ headline sparks amazing new meme Friday 1:03 PM
- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post Friday 12:39 PM
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Friday 11:46 AM
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie delayed to 2020 to fix his look Friday 11:39 AM
- ‘Swamp Thing’ gets off to a promising start, but can it tell a convincing love story? Friday 11:34 AM
- ‘Falling on deaf ears’: ‘Queer Eye’ star sparks conversation about ableist idioms Friday 11:15 AM
- Parents are spending thousands on YouTube camps that teach kids how to be famous Friday 10:43 AM
Selfie addicts have more reason to install the newest iOS 9 update
Does my hair look weird?
Although you’ll have to wait until November to have the ability to send your pals the taco or middle finger emoji, there’s at least one function iOS device-toting individuals can start benefiting from: a photo folder exclusively for selfies.
There’s literally a selfie folder in the new update this is the best day ever
— hailey ♉️ (@HaileyBirdsall) September 16, 2015
omg the iOS 9 update has a selfie folder now and I have about 1,300 selfies IM SOBBING
— meølah (@toxicpromises) September 16, 2015
That’s right—rather than painstakingly perusing your Camera Roll to select the best well-lit and angled self-portraits to save, Apple users may now access all their front-facing snapshots in one neat little folder. In one go, you may also delete forever those you took while inebriated that sort of make you look like hot garbage. Hooray for selfie obsessives everywhere!
Apart from an improved photo album organization (there’s also a new Screenshots folder, for your stolen Snapchats and personal private message archives), there’s also a smattering of new tweaks that are currently appeasing a majority of people who’ve downloaded and installed the recent update.
The new OS has a snazzy new system font (it’s called San Francisco, the same font used in the Apple Watch), an easier way to search through Settings, and a battery-saving mode that can be activated when you dip to 20 percent juice. When toggled, the latter feature will put a pause on mail retrieval, automatic downloads, and apps refreshing in the background, among other things; your device will automatically jump out of low power mode after you plug it in and it has received some charge.
Apple’s iOS 9 update is full of goodies, but the selfie folder has to be one of our favorites.
Photo via Susanne Nilsson/Flickr (CC BY SA 2.0)
Jam Kotenko is a technology reporter and graphic designer who specializes in coverage of Instagram, Facebook, and other social media apps. Her work has been published by Digital Trends, Bustle, and Gotta Be Mobile.