- The coolest Easter eggs in HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ 2 Years Ago
- Billie Eilish hit herself in the face with a mic—and reminded us why we love her 2 Years Ago
- Review: Wyze’s budget security cams easily compete with big-name brands Today 7:16 AM
- Review: Jedi: Fallen Order knows why you love Star Wars Today 7:00 AM
- Actor Amanda Seales pushes back on #FreeRodneyReed movement Monday 10:58 PM
- Netflix thriller ‘Earthquake Bird’ can’t solve its own mystery Monday 4:45 PM
- Goop is selling an expensive ‘restraining arts’ BDSM kit Monday 4:17 PM
- Body positivity actress Lili Reinhart calls out Photoshopping app Monday 3:42 PM
- ‘Rick and Morty’ zeroes in on connections and leans into familiar territory Monday 3:30 PM
- People are sharing photos of how much they’ve changed in a decade Monday 2:30 PM
- A few of our favorite things on Newegg are on sale for Black Friday Monday 2:15 PM
- Disney adds ‘Bob’s Burgers’ movie back to release schedule after accidentally yanking it Monday 2:02 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez launches petition demanding Stephen Miller’s resignation Monday 1:24 PM
- Prince Andrew’s defense against child sex crimes stokes conspiracy theory flames Monday 1:20 PM
- More people may be looking to cancel Disney+ than Netflix Monday 1:09 PM
If you’ve ever gotten to a restaurant on a Friday night, hungry and ready to eat a delicious dinner, only to find out the wait time to be ridiculously long, this new Google update has you covered.
Tuesday, Google announced a new feature on Google Search, which will soon be released on Google Maps, that will allow users to view current estimated wait times for nearly one million sit-down restaurants. Google said the wait times will be based on anonymized historical data.
The feature will also users to check out estimated wait times for different hours throughout the day. Google also tells users how long people typically spend at a location and how long to plan for a visit.
In 2015, Google added a feature that tells users the popular times for restaurants, grocery stores, and other places of business.
However, this feature simply tells users how long wait times typically are. It does not help users get on a restaurant’s wait list. There are apps that both tell the current wait time and allow users to get in line or have other people wait in line for them, such as NoWait and Line Angel.
Brianna Stone is a contributing reporter to the Daily Dot. Her work has been published by the Dallas Morning News, Austin American-Statesman, and USA Today.