- ‘Breaking Bad’ movie will show us what happened to Jesse Pinkman Today 9:39 AM
- How to stream ROH Wrestling’s Honor For All Today 7:30 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Titans in NFL preseason action Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Good Eats: The Return’ online Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6 Today 6:00 AM
- Your best bets for finding discounted and refurbished Airpods Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Real Betis Saturday 11:31 PM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle Saturday 11:21 PM
- All of the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Easter eggs discovered by fans Saturday 6:52 PM
- Every big announcement made at D23 about Disney+ Saturday 6:33 PM
- The best haunted house movies to watch online in 2019 Saturday 4:13 PM
- Andy Ngo seen laughing as Patriot Prayer members plan an attack in newly emerged video Saturday 3:59 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Bournemouth Saturday 3:25 PM
- Catholic priest allegedly spent church money on Grindr hookups Saturday 3:04 PM
- Nicolás Maduro’s English Twitter account was suspended with no public explanation Saturday 2:06 PM
If you’ve ever gotten to a restaurant on a Friday night, hungry and ready to eat a delicious dinner, only to find out the wait time to be ridiculously long, this new Google update has you covered.
Tuesday, Google announced a new feature on Google Search, which will soon be released on Google Maps, that will allow users to view current estimated wait times for nearly one million sit-down restaurants. Google said the wait times will be based on anonymized historical data.
The feature will also users to check out estimated wait times for different hours throughout the day. Google also tells users how long people typically spend at a location and how long to plan for a visit.
In 2015, Google added a feature that tells users the popular times for restaurants, grocery stores, and other places of business.
However, this feature simply tells users how long wait times typically are. It does not help users get on a restaurant’s wait list. There are apps that both tell the current wait time and allow users to get in line or have other people wait in line for them, such as NoWait and Line Angel.
Brianna Stone is a reporter and digital producer. Her work has been published by the Austin American-Statesman, the Daily Dot, and USA Today.