- 4chan’s new troll campaign aims to make the hashtag a white supremacist symbol 2 Years Ago
- Here’s what that ‘cliff wife’ meme is all about Today 12:58 PM
- Artist suspended from Facebook, Instagram after posting anti-MAGA artwork Today 12:04 PM
- How to watch Serie A online for free Today 7:30 AM
- What does ‘uwu’ mean? Today 7:00 AM
- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free Today 6:00 AM
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
Photo via Nuttapol Sn/Shutterstock (Licensed)
Save you time, check how the line is.
If you’ve ever gotten to a restaurant on a Friday night, hungry and ready to eat a delicious dinner, only to find out the wait time to be ridiculously long, this new Google update has you covered.
Tuesday, Google announced a new feature on Google Search, which will soon be released on Google Maps, that will allow users to view current estimated wait times for nearly one million sit-down restaurants. Google said the wait times will be based on anonymized historical data.
— Google (@Google) November 7, 2017
The feature will also users to check out estimated wait times for different hours throughout the day. Google also tells users how long people typically spend at a location and how long to plan for a visit.
In 2015, Google added a feature that tells users the popular times for restaurants, grocery stores, and other places of business.
However, this feature simply tells users how long wait times typically are. It does not help users get on a restaurant’s wait list. There are apps that both tell the current wait time and allow users to get in line or have other people wait in line for them, such as NoWait and Line Angel.
Brianna Stone is a reporter and digital producer. Her work has been published by the Austin American-Statesman, the Daily Dot, and USA Today.