- People are not falling for these ICE ‘propaganda’ photos Sunday 4:23 PM
- CLIF Bar and KIND Snacks are in a bizarre social media war Sunday 2:55 PM
- Caillou is how tall? Sunday 1:32 PM
- No, that video of a Boston Dynamics robot attacking its creators is not real Sunday 12:40 PM
- Alex Jones places $1 million bounty on culprit who planted child porn on his InfoWars server Sunday 12:03 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ star’s new Netflix prank show is receiving backlash Sunday 9:04 AM
- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free Sunday 8:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Sunday 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free Sunday 6:15 AM
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Sunday 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 explodes in hotel, doing over $1,300 in damage
Samsung has offered to pay for the damages.
Things keep getting worse for Samsung. After a rash of customer complaints about battery fire and explosion issues with the newly released Galaxy Note 7, the company launched a massive recall. But now, the ones that remain in use are basically ticking time bombs, as one man discovered when his blew up in his hotel room.
Reddit user Crushader posted his personal Note 7 tragedy, explaining that his brand new Samsung smartphone was charging—with its official charging cable and adapter—in his hotel room as he slept when it exploded. The phone woke him up when it burst into flames, and he knocked the device the floor, burning holes in a bed sheet and smoldering the carpet in the process.
The phone is a complete loss, and not even the SD card can be salvaged. To put salt in the wound, he’s now facing a bill from the hotel in excess of $1,800 AUD (just under $1,400 U.S.) for the damages.
Upon notifying Samsung of the unfortunate event, Crushader claims a company representative told him it was the first case of an exploding Note 7 in Australia, though it’s becoming a shockingly regular occurrence worldwide.
As for the now phone-less Australian man, he says Samsung gave him a loaner phone—presumably while they work on getting a non-exploding version of the Note 7 to him—and that the company has said it will reimburse the hotel for the damages caused to the room.
Mike Wehner is a former tech editor for the Daily Dot who now writes for BGR. His work has appeared everywhere from Yahoo to CNN, and there’s a good chance his Apple Watch is dead right now.