- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Friday 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Friday 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Friday 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Friday 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Friday 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Friday 11:51 AM
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Friday 11:03 AM
- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Friday 9:10 AM
- Mysterio’s ruse changes on a second viewing of ‘Far From Home’ Friday 9:06 AM
- Twitter overturns Barrett Brown’s third permanent suspension Friday 8:49 AM
- How to live stream Liga MX Friday 7:56 AM
What a concept!
Russian Doll season 2 is in the works.
The beloved existential dramedy will return for another loop on Netflix, confirmed by star and co-creator Natasha Lyonne and Netflix’s VP of content Cindy Holland at Recode’s annual conference. Lyonne will reprise her role as Nadia, a New York City coder stuck in an exhausting cycle of death and rebirth, and she hinted that the second season might be “Same show, just weirder?”
Lyonne reconfirmed the news from an appropriate place: the bathroom.
Here’s what we know so far.
Russian Doll season 2 plot
There aren’t any solid details about plot just yet, but Russian Doll season 2 will have eight episodes. In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Lyonne said the show was initially pitched as three seasons, and season 2 could become something else: “I definitely have ideas that range from the really out-there anthology to staying on board with our friend Nadia. And maybe it’s all one idea.” The Russian Doll season 1 finale left viewers with some closure, but the final shot also hinted that there might be multiple Nadias.
Russian Doll season 2 cast
Lyonne is set to return as Nadia, but it’s not clear yet if season 1’s cast will return or there will be new characters. Co-creator Leslye Headland told The Hollywood Reporter that the storyline and characters could open up across the three proposed seasons: “When initially pitched, Nadia was a presence throughout all three of them. But it was not in a very conventional way.”
Russian Doll season 2 release date
A release date for Russian Doll season 2 has not been announced yet.
Russian Doll season 2 trailer
A trailer for Russian Doll season 2 is not yet available.
Looking for something more specific? Here are our Netflix guides for the best war movies, documentaries, anime, indie flicks, true crime, food shows, rom-coms, LGBT movies, alien movies, gangster movies, Westerns, film noir, and movies based on true stories streaming right now. There are also sad movies guaranteed to make you cry, weird movies to melt your brain, old movies when you need something classic, and standup specials when you really need to laugh. Or check out Flixable, a search engine for Netflix.
Editor’s note: This article is regularly updated for relevance.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.