- Maine governor signs net neutrality bill into law 2 Weeks Ago
- How the QAnon movement continues without its messenger Today 8:26 AM
- 6 best Korean beauty products for summer Today 8:17 AM
- ‘The Office’ is leaving Netflix in 2021 Today 7:46 AM
- How to install the iOS 13 beta and test out its best new features Today 7:42 AM
- Swipe This! I want my boyfriend to text me everyday. Is that crazy? Today 7:30 AM
- Why every 2020 Democrat is canceled Today 7:01 AM
- The best LGBTQ movies and series on Amazon Prime Today 7:00 AM
- The easiest way to stream all the soccer you can handle Today 6:00 AM
- Facebook refused to take down this blackface page for 4 months Today 5:30 AM
- Tom Holland rescues fan getting squashed by autograph hounds Tuesday 7:14 PM
- What is incel ‘Chadfishing’? Tuesday 6:36 PM
- Facebook to give France data on users suspected of hate speech Tuesday 5:29 PM
- This 89-year-old man is stunned by all the technology around him—in 1930 Tuesday 5:21 PM
- Wayfair refuses to stop furnishing migrant detention centers Tuesday 4:48 PM
What a concept!
Russian Doll season 2 is in the works.
The beloved existential dramedy will return for another loop on Netflix, confirmed by star and co-creator Natasha Lyonne and Netflix’s VP of content Cindy Holland at Recode’s annual conference. Lyonne will reprise her role as Nadia, a New York City coder stuck in an exhausting cycle of death and rebirth, and she hinted that the second season might be “Same show, just weirder?”
Lyonne reconfirmed the news from an appropriate place: the bathroom.
— natasha lyonne (@nlyonne) June 11, 2019
Here’s what we know so far.
Russian Doll season 2 plot
There aren’t any solid details about plot just yet, but Russian Doll season 2 will have eight episodes. In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Lyonne said the show was initially pitched as three seasons, and season 2 could become something else: “I definitely have ideas that range from the really out-there anthology to staying on board with our friend Nadia. And maybe it’s all one idea.” The Russian Doll season 1 finale left viewers with some closure, but the final shot also hinted that there might be multiple Nadias.
Russian Doll season 2 cast
Lyonne is set to return as Nadia, but it’s not clear yet if season 1’s cast will return or there will be new characters. Co-creator Leslye Headland told The Hollywood Reporter that the storyline and characters could open up across the three proposed seasons: “When initially pitched, Nadia was a presence throughout all three of them. But it was not in a very conventional way.”
Russian Doll season 2 release date
A release date for Russian Doll season 2 has not been announced yet.
Russian Doll season 2 trailer
A trailer for Russian Doll season 2 is not yet available.
Looking for something more specific? Here are our Netflix guides for the best war movies, documentaries, anime, indie flicks, true crime, food shows, rom-coms, LGBT movies, alien movies, gangster movies, Westerns, film noir, and movies based on true stories streaming right now. There are also sad movies guaranteed to make you cry, weird movies to melt your brain, old movies when you need something classic, and standup specials when you really need to laugh. Or check out Flixable, a search engine for Netflix.
Editor’s note: This article is regularly updated for relevance.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.