- ‘Watchmen’ delivers a surprisingly conventional superhero finale Sunday 10:11 PM
- Facebook ads are spreading misinformation about HIV Sunday 10:11 PM
- Military investigates students’ suspected white power hand signs at football game Sunday 9:41 PM
- North Carolina man allegedly stole $88K then posted it on Instagram Sunday 8:34 PM
- People are pissed a CGI influencer said she was sexually assaulted Sunday 4:56 PM
- BTS’ RM says he’s lost 33 AirPods Sunday 3:59 PM
- Taylor Swift’s ‘hyper-realistic’ cat cake is scaring fans Sunday 3:03 PM
- Nick Cannon is reportedly playing his Eminem diss track on repeat Sunday 1:20 PM
- College quarterback blasted by ex-girlfriend in savage AF breakup TikTok Sunday 12:27 PM
- Hallmark pulls ad featuring lesbian couple after conservative protest Sunday 11:27 AM
- Actress’ tweet calling out fellow passenger for not moving seats backfires Sunday 10:43 AM
- The 10 most influential hashtags of the decade Sunday 6:30 AM
- A lonely grandma sought family to spend Christmas with on Craigslist Saturday 5:45 PM
- Airbnb bans white supremacists tied to Iron March forum Saturday 5:07 PM
- Did a Twitter user really get tricked into naming baby ‘Jack Ingof’? Saturday 4:46 PM
Untitled Goose Game has quickly taken over the internet. If you’ve picked up this goofy puzzle game, chances are you’ve struggled to put it back down. Nearly everyone who’s played the recent House House release is obsessed with it, sharing stories of their exploits as a slightly bothersome goose irritating the inhabitants of an English village.
Untitled Goose Game, which was released on Sept. 20, has a very simple premise. The game puts players in control of an irksome goose as it honks, flaps, and steals its way through the game’s setting in a simple English village. As players accomplish objectives—gently irritating the village inhabitants—they can unlock new areas of the village to traverse.
As popular things on the internet are want to do, Untitled Goose Game quickly spawned memes. Then, as it gained a robust following, the memes evolved. Now the internet is awash with goose-themed memes, paying homage to the simple, silly game that everyone is playing.
Untitled Goose Game memes
Conversations around Untitled Goose Game picked up online after model and author Chrissy Teigen jumped on the bandwagon. Once she joined the ranks of the mildly irritating goose army, there was no turning back.
Fan art memes
Even before Teigen was on-board, hundreds of players were sharing their in-game experiences through amusing posts and clever memes. 2019’s most unexpectedly popular game even spawned fan art.
Untitled Goose Game Twitter reactions
The reach of the goose has been spreading for weeks, unchecked. Now, popular games like Borderlands 3 and highly anticipated upcoming releases like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare have taken a backseat to a game starring a goose. That’s 2019 for you.
Gradually, the game’s titular goose was worked into old meme formats and references to Vine. You cannot escape the goose. The goose is everywhere.
There’s even a goose version of the ‘woman yelling at cat meme’—with the goose in place of the cat at the dinner table.
And the goose as the ‘stonks’ businessman. (Honks, not stonks!)
Here’s a recreation of the boy running with a knife viral video:
The goose in song
A few people have even been on the hunt for the game’s perfect soundtrack. “Juice” by Lizzo and “Misbehavin'” from The Righteous Gemstones are both contenders.
Untitled Goose Game and the Righteous Gemstones song were destined to come out at the same time pic.twitter.com/jza2jFQKLu— darian (@darianlo) September 30, 2019
Real-life geese have seemingly taken the game’s premise as a challenge, as evidenced by this recent news story of a goose smashing a taxi window.
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.