- ‘American Dirt’ is a metaphor for a white country built on the back of immigrants Today 6:00 AM
- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
- Iconic 1968 drag documentary ‘The Queen’ finally released on Netflix Friday 9:29 PM
- This TikTok account for Chancellor Palpatine is hilarious Friday 8:43 PM
- Did the Space Force logo rip off Star Trek? Friday 6:24 PM
- Disabled people with service dogs say Uber, Lyft drivers are denying them rides Friday 3:25 PM
- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign Friday 2:48 PM
- Police handcuff brown man at subway station for carrying a toy gun Friday 1:20 PM
- Fake clip of Sanders quoting infamous ‘hot chip’ tweet is duping people online Friday 1:16 PM
- The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala alleges Scientologists behind dog’s death Friday 12:46 PM
- Eminem responds to critics: ‘This album was not made for the squeamish’ Friday 12:42 PM
- ‘The poet, the poem’ meme takes iconic lines and turns them into art Friday 12:40 PM
- People are making dark memes about the coronavirus Friday 12:27 PM
- Trump camp’s ‘head on a pike’ impeachment threat hit with memes Friday 11:34 AM
- What is the #FreeBritney movement, and why is Cher tweeting about it? Friday 10:52 AM
Untitled Goose Game has quickly taken over the internet. If you’ve picked up this goofy puzzle game, chances are you’ve struggled to put it back down. Nearly everyone who’s played the recent House House release is obsessed with it, sharing stories of their exploits as a slightly bothersome goose irritating the inhabitants of an English village.
Untitled Goose Game, which was released on Sept. 20, has a very simple premise. The game puts players in control of an irksome goose as it honks, flaps, and steals its way through the game’s setting in a simple English village. As players accomplish objectives—gently irritating the village inhabitants—they can unlock new areas of the village to traverse.
As popular things on the internet are want to do, Untitled Goose Game quickly spawned memes. Then, as it gained a robust following, the memes evolved. Now the internet is awash with goose-themed memes, paying homage to the simple, silly game that everyone is playing.
Untitled Goose Game memes
Conversations around Untitled Goose Game picked up online after model and author Chrissy Teigen jumped on the bandwagon. Once she joined the ranks of the mildly irritating goose army, there was no turning back.
Fan art memes
Even before Teigen was on-board, hundreds of players were sharing their in-game experiences through amusing posts and clever memes. 2019’s most unexpectedly popular game even spawned fan art.
Untitled Goose Game Twitter reactions
The reach of the goose has been spreading for weeks, unchecked. Now, popular games like Borderlands 3 and highly anticipated upcoming releases like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare have taken a backseat to a game starring a goose. That’s 2019 for you.
Gradually, the game’s titular goose was worked into old meme formats and references to Vine. You cannot escape the goose. The goose is everywhere.
There’s even a goose version of the ‘woman yelling at cat meme’—with the goose in place of the cat at the dinner table.
And the goose as the ‘stonks’ businessman. (Honks, not stonks!)
Here’s a recreation of the boy running with a knife viral video:
The goose in song
A few people have even been on the hunt for the game’s perfect soundtrack. “Juice” by Lizzo and “Misbehavin'” from The Righteous Gemstones are both contenders.
Untitled Goose Game and the Righteous Gemstones song were destined to come out at the same time pic.twitter.com/jza2jFQKLu— darian (@darianlo) September 30, 2019
Real-life geese have seemingly taken the game’s premise as a challenge, as evidenced by this recent news story of a goose smashing a taxi window.
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.